Vote for a classic Bally table! (Closed)

Which classic Bally table should FarSight release first?

• 8 Ball Deluxe

Votes: 146 43.5%
  • Centaur

Votes: 153 45.5%
  • Fireball

Votes: 37 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Yeah does seem a bit suspect!, when u set up a poll you can have it so you can see what members have voted for what table but unsurprisingly that option wasn't available for this poll. Why now are the results hidden, can Gord Lacey explain??

He did explain. He said it was to make things "more exciting".

To make things even more exciting, I'm going to make the votes private again. We'll let FarSight announce the winner tomorrow.

As of right now, Centaur is in the lead by 6.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah does seem a bit suspect!, when u set up a poll you can have it so you can see what members have voted for what table but unsurprisingly that option wasn't available for this poll. Why now are the results hidden, can Gord Lacey explain??

First off, I don't appreciate your tone, or that you're implying the results are being manipulated.

When the poll was first setup the results were hidden, then FarSight decided they wanted them public, so I changed it. Centaur was in the lead with 60% of the votes, but still only had 30-something votes. Eight ball deluxe gained a lot of ground, and it was down to two tables. With less than 12 hours to go, and with such a close race, I decided to have the results hidden to make things more interesting, and to allow FarSight the opportunity to announce the winner later today.

We've had a TON of new registrations over the past few days because of this, and yes, I'm going through each one to verify that they aren't all fake accounts created just to bump one of the tables (I've deleted a bunch of accounts that I believe were created for this purpose).

karl

May 10, 2012
Hey Gord! I want to personally thank you for doing this poll. It's been a lot of fun for us but more work for you and also huge thanks goes out to you and all mods for doing a fantastic job all year maintaining this wonderful forum. All the best for the the new year.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I know I'm late but it would've been hard for me to pick between 8 Ball Deluxe or Centaur. In the end I would've picked Centaur for sentimental value. I'm curious to find out what table got the most votes. :cool:

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
I'm going through each one to verify that they aren't all fake accounts created just to bump one of the tables (I've deleted a bunch of accounts that I believe were created for this purpose).

Appreciate that. It's really selfish and childish to manipulate a poll like that, but I have no doubt that some people will go to such lengths to get their way.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Just ask PITBULL who ended up apearing at a walmart in ALASKA because people jacked up the vote for where he would apear. :p DALI!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There wasn't a tie. Keep in mind this is only a vote for which table should appear FIRST.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
People making fake accounts to vote again, people posting fake scores to leader boards. What is with some people? I just don't get it.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
wasnt? gordddd? i assume fs are using it for days of xmas? pm me i wont mind unless its centuar;) happy either way but i actually wanted egihht ball champ...go figure

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Just ask PITBULL who ended up apearing at a walmart in ALASKA because people jacked up the vote for where he would apear. :p DALI!

That's kind of hilarious. Good on him for actually going through with it.

People making fake accounts to vote again, people posting fake scores to leader boards. What is with some people? I just don't get it.

I can't, for the life of me, understand what satisfaction people derive from cheating in online games or manipulating highscores. It's actually a little sad and pathetic... like cheating at solitaire.

Trolling and griefing are other explanations, I guess.

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
So it's looking like Centaur won, but if people who voted for Firestorm had the choice to vote again then Eight Ball Deluxe would have won it.

So a VERY close poll. Not what I was expecting at all.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
That's the problem with a poll like this. Anybody who joins the forum can vote on it.

Still though, the total number of voters is really small overall. Less than 350 votes with over 12,000 likes on Facebook doesn't seem like an accurate representation of the user base.

It wasn't meant to be a representative of everyone who has liked it on Facebook. FarSight wanted to reward this forum and its members because of our love for and dedication to The Pinball Arcade.

I don't see why it would be perceived as a problem to let all members of the forum to vote on a poll.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So it's looking like Centaur won, but if people who voted for Firestorm had the choice to vote again then Eight Ball Deluxe would have won it.

So a VERY close poll. Not what I was expecting at all.

Where did you see the results?

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
Fireball ****

FarSight would like your help in deciding which classic Bally table to re-create first. The table that receives the most votes will be put on the schedule to be released in May or June of 2013.

all i know is that when i was younger, i had spent the better part of a week during a summer vacation in sandbridge virginia, playing FIREBALL at some pizza and beer arcade, this machine is great, ODIN and WOTAN, i know there is at least two versions of this game, the version with multiball is the good one. my vote is for FIREBALL, what a great game.l

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
It wasn't meant to be a representative of everyone who has liked it on Facebook. FarSight wanted to reward this forum and its members because of our love for and dedication to The Pinball Arcade.

I don't see why it would be perceived as a problem to let all members of the forum to vote on a poll.

It takes about 5 minutes to join the forum and vote. It's easy to create multiple accounts. All you need are multiple email addresses, which are easy to obtain themselves. Ballot stuffing can happen, and probably did.

And I was just using Facebook as a comparison. 338 people voted on the poll, 12,000+ like the game on Facebook, and thousands more own the game that are neither on Facebook nor on the forum. 338 people is a very, very small fraction of the game's overall user base. That's part of the reason why multiple votes are such a problem; even one vote makes a big difference.

I don't particularly care which game won because I like all three, but it just wasn't the best poll.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It takes about 5 minutes to join the forum and vote. It's easy to create multiple accounts. All you need are multiple email addresses, which are easy to obtain themselves. Ballot stuffing can happen, and probably did.

And I was just using Facebook as a comparison. 338 people voted on the poll, 12,000+ like the game on Facebook, and thousands more own the game that are neither on Facebook nor on the forum. 338 people is a very, very small fraction of the game's overall user base. That's part of the reason why multiple votes are such a problem; even one vote makes a big difference.

I don't particularly care which game won because I like all three, but it just wasn't the best poll.

Gord said that he has been weeding out multiple accounts and mods have done that in the past.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts