Vote for a classic Bally table! (Closed)

Which classic Bally table should FarSight release first?

• 8 Ball Deluxe

Votes: 146 43.5%
  • Centaur

Votes: 153 45.5%
  • Fireball

Votes: 37 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
So exciting! Either one will be a good lead-in for these classic Bally solid state machines. I have to say that as much as Williams is far-and-away my favourite pinball company, tables like Eight Ball Deluxe and Centaur look like what I think of when I think of pinball generally: a cluster of bumpers, some targets, curved edges and electronically recorded voices taunting you. It's exactly what I imagine when I hear Pinball Wizard by the Who (and not because of the reference to Bally).

vstevens

Dec 29, 2012
Voted for centaur, great machine and lovely artwork, have a lot of fond memories playing it; sure hope it wins. Nevertheless would like to see fireball be implemented too.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Are these votes legit? It seems really odd that Eight Ball Deluxe is suddenly getting all of the votes... was Centaur involved in some sort of scandal that hurt his credibility and removed his status as the initial fan darling?

Recount!

On a more serious note, why is it that Farsight has to script these early 80's tables again? Are they not ROM emulated in VP and FP?

Last edited:

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
I wouldn't ever expect to see two new tables in one pack. One new table and one update from the Williams/Gottlieb collections seems to be the trend. Makes sense.

It will be interesting to see what happens when they run out of those tables though... but that won't be for awhile.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Are these votes legit? It seems really odd that Eight Ball Deluxe is suddenly getting all of the votes... was Centaur involved in some sort of scandal that hurt his credibility and removed his status as the initial fan darling?

We've had a TON of new users register today. I've been approving people left and right, and I think a lot are coming here to vote. This has probably been the most sign ups we've had in one day.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
On a more serious note, why is it that Farsight has to script these early 80's tables again? Are they not ROM emulated in VP and FP?

I asked Mike that. Said it has to do with too many different CPUs were used for each table, meaning they'd have to write a ROM emulation for each one, and it'd maybe cover 2 of the tables they want to do. Instead they'll just put that effort into scripting. Or something like that.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
We've had a TON of new users register today. I've been approving people left and right, and I think a lot are coming here to vote. This has probably been the most sign ups we've had in one day.
That would be due to the plug they gave the poll in the latest newsletter, I'd wager.

We should just try to tie them up. Then Farsight will have to give us BOTH. Flawless plan.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
+1

Edit:

I just checked the poll and it's really close. Maybe both in one pack? Or whichever one wins can come with hs2? Am I asking too much?
What's this about HS2? Did I miss something?!?
(I assume you're talking about The Getaway... I can't think of anything else that "HS2" would be referring to)

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
I asked Mike that. Said it has to do with too many different CPUs were used for each table, meaning they'd have to write a ROM emulation for each one, and it'd maybe cover 2 of the tables they want to do. Instead they'll just put that effort into scripting. Or something like that.

Ah, thanks. That's a shame, but it sounds reasonable.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
...8 Ball seems to be making an I-have-no-idea-why comeback in the voting...:confused:

Too bad I can't vote again for Centaur. They are both pretty simple tables, and I'm not really much for simple tables in general (though I try to reserve judgment about all tables I've never played that are post-'78), but at least Centaur is a serious looker. Not sure why Fireball is so far behind either.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Don't really see the attraction for 8 ball. Bit sad to see Fireball so far behind because it does look quite interesting. I wonder how many votes are people opening multiple accounts to vote for their favorite. Darth probably started a handful once 8 ball started catching up ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.