Wanted: Lord of the Rings

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
People once thought Dr Who and AC/DC were impossible as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I think the only "never gonna happen" tables are Indy, GnR, and any Mario tables.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Stern did Indiana Jones (2008) before Disney acquired the franchise (2012). From most accounts it's Disney that's the obstacle.

karl

May 10, 2012
People once thought Dr Who and AC/DC were impossible as well....

The only reason that those tables happened is because a) BBC stepped in to help because Farsight agreed to do a new Dr who table and b) Oculus forked up the license money for AC/DC in return for stpa to be a Gear VR first exclusive app.

If another company, like Disney, saw a big benefit in working with Farsight, I guess it could happen without Kickstarters. Anything is possible, but not very likely, in the case of Disney.

If Farsight was making a new product based on their property (like Zen does) it would be much, much easier to get Disney to pick up that damn phone.

Frankly, I do not understand why people keep comparing Zen and Stern making new titles to Farisight. Like it or not, but it is not comparable at all.

I am betting that when the new Star Wars Pin comes out we will have the same discussion again. Why can't Stern get digital rights to Tron and Indy when they can do a new Star Wars pin, etc, etc.

The world can be a cruel place sometimes, I know ;)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Stern did Indiana Jones (2008) before Disney acquired the franchise (2012). From most accounts it's Disney that's the obstacle.
That's what I heard too. One of the developers, in a podcast, said that Disney refuses to even talk with FS to discuss licensing deals. That means, unless the Stern partnership changes things, we're going to miss out on a lot of great tables, in addition to Indy there's also Iron Man, The Avengers, Pirates of the Caribbean, and one of my all time favorites, Tron Legacy.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I know it will never happen, but after seeing Batman 66 in action, I can't help but think how awesome a LOTR remake would be with a full color LCD and other enhancements, such as a full orchestral score, and more sound snippets from the film so the same ones don't play every time; even two that alternate, like in ST, would be immeasurably better. The layout and rule set are among the best, but the Whitestar hardware is showing its age, and the DMD animations are often laughably pathetic, particularly the Ent attack, where it looks like he's throwing pebbles at the tower.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Disney is a 81+ch to deal with, but somehow Zen found a magic formula. A shame FS couldn't consult them (and who's to say they didn't).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.