What are your most-wanted tables?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Just got back from Vegas PHOF, played everything but the only table my girlfriend really enjoyed was Cactus Canyon, I had a go too and it was awesome! It's the only one she's interested in :)

Last edited:

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Just got back from Vegas PHOF, played everything but the only table my girlfriend really enjoyed was Cactus Canyon, I had a go too and it was awesome! It's the only one she's interested in :)

Played everything?

How long were you in Vegas? How many hours/days did you play?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Played everything?

How long were you in Vegas? How many hours/days did you play?

Maybe that was a bit of an over statement, went a couple of times at the beginning and end of the holiday, for a couple of hours, went up an down each isle playing everything that worked. Both Circus Voltaire and Black Hole weren't working though which was a shame, wanted to compare them to Pinball Arcade!

Excited now for the Twilight Zone and Star Trek after playing, also the 2nd time I went they'd installed the new AC/DC pinball which was cool. Pinball Circus was great too, can't believe only 3 were ever made. Glad others have mentioned Cactus Canyon, just seemed a lot more fun then a lot of other tables.

There is literally nowhere in the UK like this that I'm aware of, highly recommended if anyone is sitting on the fence about whether to go or not, nice break from loosing money on Blackjack on the strip!

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
There is literally nowhere in the UK like this that I'm aware of, highly recommended if anyone is sitting on the fence about whether to go or not, nice break from loosing money on Blackjack on the strip!

Two places that I know of (that aren't simply private owner's collections)...

http://www.pinballparlour.co.uk/museum.htm

http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/index.html

Judging by the legal problems that have faced several friends of mine trying to do something similar, it is considerably more difficult/expensive to make arcades open to the public in the UK than it is in much of the US. :(

Richard Crockett

Jul 8, 2012
I personally would like to see Gilligan's Island Pinball. It has a pretty simple ruleset and has a kinda unique rotating "Island" in the upper left of the playing field that redirects the ramp shots depending on it's orientation. It was also the first table ever released with a Dot Matrix Display by Williams/Bally so it has some historical significance as well. I used to play this machine at a local convenience store when I was younger and even though it was a fairly simple table something about it kept drawing me back to play again and again.

Last edited:

JCChaconJr

Jul 10, 2012
Here are my favorites, in no particular order. They may not be the most popular, but I had a great time playing them at the local bowling alley and roller skating rink arcades growing up:

Eight Ball Deluxe - A classic, IMHO, and I truly came to appreciate it when AMTEX released the PC sim in the early 90's. If FarSight reproduces this, I hope they get an original table, not the special edition cabinet.

KISS - The first game that my friend and I truly dominated! I know it's probably not a deep in gameplay, but I was a KISS fanatic when I was a kid, hehe. This was the machine that I could spend the whole night playing on a single quarter! I know that Gene Simmons would probably make this a hard license to get (I've read that he handles the licensing on all things KISS), but if it could be made, then FarSight would HAVE to recreate the back glass with its fully working KISS marquee lights!

Flash Gordon - as a kid, I hated this machine because it replaced a machine in the arcade that I loved (below), but I came to like it after playing a while. The Queen music and actor's likenesses might make it a stretch, but hey, I'd still like to see it.

Evel Knievel - Yes, this was the table that got carted away when Flash Gordon took its place. It's kind of simple looking at the table now, vs. how I perceived it as a kid, but I was a huge EK fan as a kid.

Playboy - the Bally Version released in the late 70's. Like EK, the table's a bit simpler than I remember it, but I still used to play the heck out of it.

Deepest blue

Jul 14, 2012
My wish list (and I would literally faint if these came true)

Eight Ball Deluxe
Centaur
Flash Gordon
Xenon
Vector
Space Invaders
Mr & Mrs Pac Man
Elektra
Fathom

I'd never stop playing these, ever...!

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
My wish list (and I would literally faint if these came true)

Eight Ball Deluxe
Centaur
Flash Gordon
Xenon
Vector
Space Invaders
Mr & Mrs Pac Man
Elektra
Fathom

I'd never stop playing these, ever...!

That list looks very similar to what I would pick with a few exceptions.

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
My Toplist

1. The Lord of the Rings
2. The Simpsons Pinball Party
3. Attack from Mars
4. Banzai Run
5. Spiderman (Stern)
6. Eight Ball
7. Batman The dark Knight
8. Fish Tales
9. Addams Family
10. Family Guy

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I personally would like to see Gilligan's Island Pinball. It has a pretty simple ruleset and has a kinda unique rotating "Island" in the upper left of the playing field that redirects the ramp shots depending on it's orientation. It was also the first table ever released with a Dot Matrix Display by Williams/Bally so it has some historical significance as well. I used to play this machine at a local convenience store when I was younger and even though it was a fairly simple table something about it kept drawing me back to play again and again.
I've only played this in VP, and it's pretty good. It would be tough to get for TPA, though, as four of the seven main cast members featured are dead, as is creator (and theme song writer) Sherwood Schwartz. It does indeed have historical significance, as it was not only the first DMD to be released by Williams, it also set the standard for size (though it was not the first table with a DMD, period).

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
Here's mine:

Guns n' Roses (yes I know it's never going to happen)
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Centaur
Scared Stiff
Hauted House (we need more horror themed tables)
T2
Demolition Man
TMNT

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I guess it's about time I finally tack my list onto this thread.

Have Played, Know I Want, Shouldn't be too tough to manage:
1. WHITE WATER 2. ATTACK FROM MARS (this one's confirmed already, right?)
3. THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II (a midi version of "La Grande" really shouldn't be a deal breaker) 4. CHAMPION PUB 5. WHO DUNNIT 6. JUNK YARD 7. BLACK ROSE 8. WHIRLWIND (PHOF = will happen) 9. ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS (can't be too much)
10. MONOPOLY (can't be too much, and is a really underrated table) 11. NO GOOD GOFERS (PHOF = will happen) 12. PIN*BOT (PHOF = will happen)
13. GRAND PRIX (exactly the same as NASCAR without paying for that license)
14. ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON (a lot like Monopoly, but not as good, and probably an even cheaper license)
15. LAST ACTION HERO (flop movie = shouldn't be too much) 16. SPACE SHUTTLE (PHOF = will happen)

Have Played, Know I Want, May be a pain/too expensive to license:
1. ADDAMS FAMILY 2. SPIDER-MAN 3. THE LORD OF THE RINGS LIMITED EDITION 4. AC/DC PREMIUM/LE (preferably the "Back In Black" Ver.)
5. INDIANA JONES THE PINBALL ADVENTURE 6. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 7. IRON MAN 8. BATMAN (DK) 9. ELVIS 10. FAMILY GUY
11. TERMINATOR 2 12. TERMINATOR 3 13. THE SHADOW 14. GOLDENEYE 15. THE SIMPSONS PINBALL PARTY 16. SOUTH PARK
17. JURASSIC PARK 18. STAR WARS TRILOGY 19. GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

Have Never Played, But Look Fun, and Shouldn't be too tough to manage:
1. SCARED STIFF (like the other Elvira table) 2. FISH TALES 3. JUDGE DREDD (since it's just the comics license...) 4. BANZAI RUN 5. PINBALL MAGIC 6. CACTUS CANYON 7. MYSTERY CASTLE (Alvin G. Example) 8. CONGO (flop movie, shouldn't be too much)
9. ROAD SHOW (RED & TED'S) [some minor country music license, I think, but not too much] 10. CLASS OF 1812 11. NO FEAR (can't be that much) 12. HURRICANE 13. DINER 14. CYCLONE 15. TIME MACHINE 16. MOUSIN' AROUND 17. RADICAL! 18. SWORDS OF FURY
19. BAD CATS 20. AIRBORNE 21. PARTY ZONE 22. SURF'N SAFARI 23. EARTHSHAKER 24. SAFE CRACKER 25. TX-SECTOR
26. VICTORY (on the Gottlieb collection, right?) 27. VECTOR 28. ROBO WAR 29. EXCALIBUR 30. F-14 TOMCAT 31. BONE BUSTERS INC.
32. LIGHTS...CAMERA...ACTION 33. CACTUS JACK'S 34. CENTAUR 35. JACK*BOT 36. XENON 37. HAUNTED HOUSE 38. PARAGON
39. FATHOM 40. IRON MAIDEN 41. ANDROMEDA (Game Plan example) 42. FARFALLA (Zaccaria example)
43. PHAROAH 44. ELEKTRA 45. BLACK KNIGHT 2000 46. FOUR MILLION B.C. 47. SOLAR FIRE

Haven't Played, But Look Fun, May be a pain/too expensive to license:
1. THE WIZARD OF OZ EMERALD CITY LE (not out yet, I know) 2. TRON: LEGACY LE 3. X-MEN WOLVERINE LE (not out yet, I think)
4. WORLD CUP SOCCER 5. INDIANAPOLIS 500 6. BATMAN FOREVER 7. TOMMY 8. GUNS N' ROSES 9. FLINTSTONES 10. STARGATE
11. DEMOLITION MAN 12. TRANSFORMERS LE 13. CORVETTE 14. MARY SHELLY'S FRANKENSTEIN 15. BATMAN (Data East)
16. ROCKY & BULLWINKLE & FRIENDS 17. STAR TREK (Data East) 18. STAR WARS (Data East) 19. JOHNNY MNEMONIC
20. INDIANA JONES (Stern) 21. DIRTY HARRY 22. STARSHIP TROOPERS 23. BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA 24. TALES FROM THE CRYPT
25. CSI 26. HOOK 27. LETHAL WEAPON 3 28. BAYWATCH 29. ID4 30. DOCTOR WHO 31. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (Gottlieb)
32. BARB WIRE 33. SUPERMAN (Atari example) 34. PHANTOM OF THE OPERA 35. KISS 36. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS

The Rarities:
1. THE PINBALL CIRCUS 2. KINGPIN 3. BIG BANG BAR 4. ROAD RUNNER 5. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 6. VOLTAN ESCAPES COSMIC DOOM

And now you can probably see why it took me so long to get around to it.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
IM SURE THESE HAVE BEEN POSTED but these are my wishies in no order.

JOKERZ
HIGH SPEED
GILIGANS ISLAND
T2
ROAD SHOW
EARTHQUAKE
WIRLWIND
DR.DUDE
PARTY ZONE
TAXI
LEATHAL WEAPON 3
ELVIRA 1st
POLICE FORCE
THE SIMPSONS 1st
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTELS
TRANSFORMERS
CYCLONE
COMET
ADAMS FAMILY
STAR TRECK NEXT GENERATION
STAR WARS
POOL SHARKS
NO GOOD GOFERS

Im sure I could name more, I have played these tables and was mesmerised by the gadgets and lights and those classis sounds! Like leisure suit larry.:)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
My list is comprised of the pinballs that I remember having the most fun with. The first three being what I'd like more than the others...

Banzai Run - I spent many a quarter on that game because it was such a blast to play! Unfortunately I only found it playing at my local arcade in RI back in the late 80's. Now that I know of the pinball place in NH, I'm gonna have to take a roadie soon to try it again.

Red & Ted's Road Show - I used to drive truck around the country,so playing a road construction-themed game fit perfectly for me. I still remember playing Chicago with the toll roads,and agreeing with R & T with their disdain for the windy city.

Star Wars (Data East) - there really isn't much to say. I was a SW child,I am a SW adult, and being able to play this in TPA would just make me giddy :)

Some others, in no particular order are:

The Shadow
Scared Stiff
Star Trek
Star Trek: TNG

In closing though,I do want to thank Farsight for giving me my two favorite pinballs of all time: Medieval Madness & the upcoming Attack From Mars (far and away my favorite) For that reason,and the fact that I love being able to play a simulation of my favorite pins, will keep me a FS & TPA supporter for a long time!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts