Most wanted by manufacturer:

Williams - Swords of Fury (bottom left)
Bally - Xenon (top right)
Gottlieb - Haunted House (top left)
Stern - Catacomb (bottom right)

top4an.jpg

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I'd very much like to see Safe Cracker, BK2k, Safe Cracker, No Fear and Safe Cracker. Oh, and did I mention Safe Cracker?

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I'm just happy with the game being an expanded Williams:pHOF with many more Williams tables and a great mix of the other big three. Monster Bash, ST:TNG and Bride of Pin*Bot have made this a better selection of tables by far. I'd just like it if they sandwiched a few 'lesser' tables into the mix to stop us from exhausting the 'name' tables and leaving us with a sudden drop in 'name' power.

Swords of Fury, Catacomb and Xenon look marvelous... but Haunted House look pretty horrible when I see it like that. Black Hole was bad enough for disorientating players enough to drain, Haunted House looks worse for that D:

But as for my personal choice? It'd have to be High Speed II: The Getaway. It's the only pinball machine that I've ever played in real life (I know, but it sucks living in a small Northern English town) but it plays really fast and the turbo loop feature is fantastic. The only problem is ZZ Topp, but I get the feeling it'll be a lot easier to license than say, the Guns N' Roses table :p

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Swords of Fury, Catacomb and Xenon look marvelous... but Haunted House look pretty horrible when I see it like that. Black Hole was bad enough for disorientating players enough to drain, Haunted House looks worse for that D:

Yeah, well, sometimes the ugly stripper gives you the most for your money. Just be sure to play with the lights turned down low.

But as for my personal choice? It'd have to be High Speed II: The Getaway. It's the only pinball machine that I've ever played in real life (I know, but it sucks living in a small Northern English town) but it plays really fast and the turbo loop feature is fantastic. The only problem is ZZ Topp, but I get the feeling it'll be a lot easier to license than say, the Guns N' Roses table :p

I'm sure that would be light work for FarSight at this point. There are plenty of established protocols for licensing music quickly, whereas the licenses they've juggled for movies, actors' likenesses, voice clips, etc. are much more aggravating. All-in-all, I'd say what FS has managed to accomplish with The Pinball Arcade is far more impressive than Rock Band's enormous track selection, and aside from music games like RB and GH, there aren't any other precedents for sticking this many licenses in a single game. As a band without any current presence in the music industry, I'm sure ZZ Topp would be an easy grab.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Catacomb does look interesting!

One of the most unique things about Catacomb is the bagatelle game built into its already-awesome backglass, which adds a new dimension to skill-based multipliers and overall scoring structure. It also pays homage to pinball's ancestral roots, but that feature would be useless if the rest of the table sucked. It doesn't.

catacombflyer.jpg

My favorite part about it is how fast the game plays, much more challenging than other Old Stern tables. The multiball is tough, and the playfield is drop-target heavy with an incentive to "combo" for higher point bonuses and extra balls. It reminds me a bit of Quicksilver, but considerably more advanced. Not your average single-playfield '80s machine, by any stretch.

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Lately I've really wanted to try Who Dunnit. Never played a real one, but it looks interesting with the murder plot theme.

I just played a real one at Pinball Wizard. Cool game, though on that particular machine the ball got weirdly stuck on a tiny raised edge of the AUTO FIRE light right above the center drain.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I just played a real one at Pinball Wizard. Cool game, though on that particular machine the ball got weirdly stuck on a tiny raised edge of the AUTO FIRE light right above the center drain.
Whodunnit's a fun game, but it gets kind of repetitive when played for score. Basically you just get the Penthouse Key and then play Penthouse Party for as often as the game will let you. (Penthouse Party involves shooting flashing shots for 10M+10M...but the elevator shots right in the center are flashing and they feed the flippers, so you can basically loop for 15 or so times around. At potentially 1.2B per Party, this gets serious fast.)

Last edited:

subbie

Jun 14, 2012
Today I went and played some pinball during lunch (Pinball Cafe to anybody here from Toronto). I found a new table I would love to see in PA in the future.

Bad Cats by Williams.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=127

Out of all the machines they had at PC this one I enjoyed the most. Sadly since this place likes to rotate our their machines every few weeks I probably won't get to play it for much longer. =(

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Haunted house was the hot game when I was a young teen. Loved it then and still love it today. The art and sound on it really grabs you. That backglass would make a great stained glass window. So perfect.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Sorry, dude. Those are fan-made custom machines, not historic tables. That's not what TPA's about, though they might give the guys at 000 Gameprom some ideas.

Last edited:

Steven Lucz

Oct 12, 2012
Ones I'd like to see in TPA, along with how they possibly can't be on here.

Champion Pub (1998 Bally) (somewhat obscure, most likely of these to get on TPA)
Big Bang Bar (1996 Capcom) (very rare, some minor liscensing with Capcom and the current holders of their pinball division)
Guns N' Roses (1994 Data East) (A lot of liscensing, even Slash himself cannot make things easier)
Freddy - A Nightmare on Elm St. (1994 Gottlieb) (Pricey movie liscense)
Apollo 13 (1995 Sega) (Pricey movie liscense and a somewhat lackluster reputation)

Last edited:

Absynthetik0

Oct 23, 2012
Aside from the obvious, TZ, AF and ST:TNG

I'd love to see...

Doctor Who
Bobby Orr Power Play
Star Trek 25th Anniversary
Judge Dredd

Members online

No members online now.

Members online