What are your most-wanted tables?

Martin Rusby

Nov 6, 2012
The tables i would like to see are red and teds roadshow,flintstones,world cup soccer,hurricaine and cyclone.Enjoyed all those back in the day!

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
It's the fees to the actors that are expensive.

Good point. Shame there aren't more pinball machines themed on animated movies and TV shows. No need to deal with actors' likenesses there.

You know, I had a thought: I'd like to see Strange Science on The Pinball Arcade. It's one of the machines I keep going back to when I'm at the Lake Forest Ice Palace. Loading the balls into the Atom Smasher is fun, and so is the 5-ball multiball when they come pouring out of the tube. Scoring seems unbalanced on it though: A multiball will all but guarantee the 1.5 million needed for the first replay, and a good multiball will shoot you to the 3.1 million needed for a second replay. So if you're good at loading the cannon, you could actually GAIN credits as you play.

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
What are the chances of getting the Dr Who pinball to TPA

Unfortunately,according to comments posted on the Pinball Arcade's FB page the answer is slim. A LOT of licensing would be involved in securing the rights to the table.

nstraz

Mar 19, 2013
I played Elektra last night for the first time at Ballyman's. I would love to see that table on TPA, it is so unique. Three level play field, top flippers shoot at eachother, slingshots are in a different place, lots of curves.

Medusa would cool too. It has "zipper flippers" on the top half which move towards each other after you hit a target.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Unfortunately,according to comments posted on the Pinball Arcade's FB page the answer is slim. A LOT of licensing would be involved in securing the rights to the table.

If I recall right, they said this one would be just as hard to get as "Indiana Jones" and any "Star Wars" tables. It's just way too expensive.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If I recall right, they said this one would be just as hard to get as "Indiana Jones" and any "Star Wars" tables. It's just way too expensive.

Yes, but for different reasons. FarSight now has to deal with Disney for IJ and SW instead of LucasFilm. Disney is notorious for how much of the residuals from sales they get. You need to be able to guarantee them a high volume of sales, and TPA would have a very hard time coming up with the numbers needed. Zen made their deal with LucasFilm prior to the Disney buyout, which explains how they have the SW license at all.

Doctor Who on the other hand, would be expensive in securing 50 years worth of people needing to get paid. For instance, it's not just paying for the actor's image, but the writers that created that particular version of the Doctor would also get a cut of the pie. Use of the Daleks is a whole separate issue, one that the show itself has to contend with as they don't even own it, if I'm not mistaken. Williams obviously put something together with the BBC, but that package deal has long since expired. FarSight would essentially be having to pay a la carte for everything.

N

netizen

Any chance for that table

Licenses are not all equal as has been discussed.

The only people who will not be speculating while discussing FarSight's abilities to obtain licences will be FarSight, but they will not be discussing those on the forum, nor without making the discusser sign an NDA, most likely.

TL;DR there is always a chance for any table given the desire, the price to license, and the potential to market it.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
So no hope in hell in getting Dr Who
What about Jurassic Park

As a highly successful movie based on a highly successful book with a bunch of actors' likenesses on it, I'd say it's a difficult but doable road. Universal Studios has had a pretty chill attitude about pinball licensing (Monster Bash would've been a licensing nightmare otherwise). I don't know anything about the actors' willingness though. As for the Crichton estate, I haven't seen much coming out from there, nor have there been many adaptations of his works since his death. That's also really shrouded in mystery for me (but to be fair, I never looked into the matter), and it could mean that the Crichton family turns down most people who ask or there jsut aren't many people who ask in the first place.

Congo will stand a much better chance, as the movie bombed, and the book sold much worse than Jurassic Park. In theory, the rights would be dirt-cheap, as no one else would really want it.

I wonder if Stephen King is jealous that he's yet to have a pinball table based on his works whereas Michael Crichton has had two.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
So no hope in hell in getting Dr Who
What about Jurassic Park

What I think double dooms Jurassic Park is that it's a Data East. Farsight has not emulated any of the Data East tables of that era yet.

An additional problem: Except for Checkpoint (which would not be my first choice of a table), *all* of the Data East tables of that era involve licenses. Often licenses that initially look rather expensive.

There is always a chance, but Jurassic Park and other DE tables don't sound like "low hanging fruit" that would be easy to do.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Yes, but for different reasons. FarSight now has to deal with Disney for IJ and SW instead of LucasFilm. Disney is notorious for how much of the residuals from sales they get. You need to be able to guarantee them a high volume of sales, and TPA would have a very hard time coming up with the numbers needed. Zen made their deal with LucasFilm prior to the Disney buyout, which explains how they have the SW license at all.

Doctor Who on the other hand, would be expensive in securing 50 years worth of people needing to get paid. For instance, it's not just paying for the actor's image, but the writers that created that particular version of the Doctor would also get a cut of the pie. Use of the Daleks is a whole separate issue, one that the show itself has to contend with as they don't even own it, if I'm not mistaken. Williams obviously put something together with the BBC, but that package deal has long since expired. FarSight would essentially be having to pay a la carte for everything.

Yeah, I know.

I'm guessing "Dr. Who" would be their most expensive table to get, for all the various reasons associated with it. (Which is a crime, cause it's an extremely fun and fantastic table)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Zen made their deal with LucasFilm prior to the Disney buyout, which explains how they have the SW license at all.

Also explains why they lost the license. I don't believe for a second that Zen would stop making Star Wars tables if they still could. Star Wars pinball is over and I get the feeling it's Disney's doing.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
We have a lot of great tables already and every addition is welcome! My 3 most wanted, even though they are not very likely, are:
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure. My favourite table. Maybe some day I'll get to play it again.
The Addams Family
Demolition Man

Luckily there are still quite a few other tables I can look forward to on TPA.

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
Congo will stand a much better chance, as the movie bombed, and the book sold much worse than Jurassic Park. In theory, the rights would be dirt-cheap, as no one else would really want it.

Congo is one of my favorite pinball machines, and it's the one I'd love to see the most on TPA - well, in addition to Indiana Jones, which will never happen. And like you said, Congo could be doable. It might help that the table is loved (I guess) by pinball aficionados as well.

I would also like to see Twister (Sega 1996), even though it is a bit of a Whirlwind rip-off.

I'm actually surprised that they've not only pulled off Addams Family but T2 and ST:TNG as well, all "high profile" licenses in their day. A lot of tables that I have fond memories of are license-based games, so it gives us hope...

Last edited:

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
Hi first post. For me TPA has too much focus on 90s uber popular DMD machines. Which might seem to make sense from a business standpoint since that's what most people know and want, but it would be nicer if they were spaced out with more 1980s SS machines and maybe even some EM ones from the 60s and 70s. Lot of fun to be had in lesser tables.

Some that would be cool to see at some point...

Williams

Sorcerer
Grand Lizard
Phoenix
Scorpion
Jungle Lord
Barracora
Algar (Gorgar's bro)
Police Force
Bad Cats

Gottlieb/Premier

I feel like the only person that adores Gottlieb tables. Let me think...

Cactus Jack's
Freddy: Nightmare On Elm Street
Surf 'n Safari
Deadly Weapon (really fun and underrated early System 3 table)
Any of the bad 1980s license knock off tables by John Trudeau are simple guilty pleasures for me. (Raven, Hollywood Heat, Gold WIngs, Spring Break)

Bally

Paragon
Medusa
Future Spa (great or greatest themed table?)
Playboy
POOL SHARKS

Data East

Secret Service
Tales From the Crypt

Sega

BAYWATCH (totally underrated table)

Last edited:

mildew

Dec 15, 2014
Stargate , Baywatch , Guns n Roses , Street Fighter 2 , and pro pinball timeshock are the tables i would like to see added to TPA.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Stargate , Baywatch , Guns n Roses , Street Fighter 2 , and pro pinball timeshock are the tables i would like to see added to TPA.

Hrm? You do realize that Timeshock was originally a digital-only pinball table, don't you? In fairness, Silver Castle Pinball are working on a physical version, but since Barnstorm Games have an updated re-release of Timeshock in the works (though Lord knows when we can expect it to release), a TPA version of Timeshock would be pretty pointless, IMO. However, I completely endorse your other favorites, especially Stargate and Baywatch (why couldn't Baywatch have been our first Sega?). I would also like to vouch for Breakshot (probably the only Kmiec other than Paragon & Xenon that has any real chance of seeing a TPA release, and with a theme that TPA could use more of, too!), Mystery Castle (it's the only way I'll ever get to play this wonderful-looking machine) and Seawitch (mainly because it seems to have pride of place in terms of what classic Stern will be TPA's second–I really want Catacomb, Lightning or Nine Ball, but there's almost no chance that any one of those preempts Seawitch).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.