What are your most-wanted tables?

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Im realistic in what will and what wont make it on to the game.

Most of the obvious top 20 will get there sooner or later, the ones with no license issues anyway so no sense in reashing the "Funhouse, White Water, Getaway, Creature" usual suspects list for me. Its fairly obvious that Farsight is just running down the IPDB list where WMS games are concerned so no worries, they know they are there.

What I WANT to see are things that are much more in the longshot category, maybe if enough people chime in with "hey yeah, thats a GREAT game" it will put it on the radar for FS.

Cyclone
Favorite non multiball game. Think it has a chance maybe if they do the whole trilogy as a gimmick, even though Comet is sort of weak and Hurricane is not very popular. The trilogy effect is what I hope happens to the Lawlor disaster trio too since its maybe the only chance for Road Show.

World Cup Soccer
I spent nearly half my total food budget playing this at a spanish campground while on a 3 month bike tour of Europe. I just dig it, and I dont give a rip about soccer. Its a longshot, its licensed and not hugely popular so probably write this off as a no show.

Dr Dude, Champion Pub, Cactus Canyon and Silver Slugger, Phantom of the Opera are on my wish but don't get my hopes up list.
Silver Slugger as a modern game with no ramps is probably not a mass appeal table, Phantom probably has license problems. Dr Dude has a shot I think but Champion and Cactus are both broken so that alone might exclude them...who wants the headache of supporting a game that you can not fix?

If the TZ kickstarter goes well (Im in for $100 so far...not like I can ebay that box for less than 8k, so what a bargain) I hope they go for a few more but honestly people will run out of patience for that sort of thing. They should stick with the winners and call it a day after STTNG and Addams Family.

In the nawgunnahappensogiveitup category I nominate.
Dr Who, Data East Tommy, Revenge From Mars (wizard blocks while we are at it), WMS Indiana Jones

My oldies list is pretty short, Im not old enough to have played working versions of most pre 1980 tables anyway so no fond memories to dredge up.
Paragon, Future Spa, Fireball, Capt Fantastic

And in the why did they never category. How come nobody did Jetsons, Ghostbusters or Scooby Doo? Damn if those modes, gimmicks and toys don't just design themselves. Paging Stern to the wishlist thread.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
What I WANT to see are things that are much more in the longshot category, maybe if enough people chime in with "hey yeah, thats a GREAT game" it will put it on the radar for FS.

Cyclone
Favorite non multiball game. Think it has a chance maybe if they do the whole trilogy as a gimmick, even though Comet is sort of weak and Hurricane is not very popular. The trilogy effect is what I hope happens to the Lawlor disaster trio too since its maybe the only chance for Road Show.

Dr Dude, Champion Pub, Cactus Canyon and Silver Slugger, Phantom of the Opera are on my wish but don't get my hopes up list.
Silver Slugger as a modern game with no ramps is probably not a mass appeal table, Phantom probably has license problems. Dr Dude has a shot I think but Champion and Cactus are both broken so that alone might exclude them...who wants the headache of supporting a game that you can not fix?

Cyclone is a very popular table and Dr. Dude was semi-announced and shown in Farsight videos, so they are far from longshots. Cactus Canyon still plays extremely well despite the unfinished software, so I think it still has a chance.

My oldies list is pretty short, Im not old enough to have played working versions of most pre 1980 tables anyway so no fond memories to dredge up.
Paragon, Future Spa, Fireball, Capt Fantastic

I don't agree with the assumption that you aren't old enough to play older games just because they came out before you were born. This comes up half the time I mention EMs, despite the fact that I'm 32. There are still places around with older machines in good working condition (they can be hard to find, but they are there. National Pinball Museum in Baltimore has some and that's how I got to play them. I also played some when I went to Vegas to the Pinball Hall of Fame).

The Getaway has a ZZ Top song, so that one may have a possible issue, though farsight suggested that it may be possible.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
...Champion and Cactus are both broken so that alone might exclude them...who wants the headache of supporting a game that you can not fix?
I don't remember who did the software on Cactus Canyon, but how cool would it be if FarSight contacted him and worked with him to finish the software for the TPA table, according to the designer's original intent? Not something they should do right this second, of course, but I wouldn't mind sacrificing CC's "authenticity" in favor of giving it a chance to be what it could have been had Williams not exited the industry during its development.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't agree with the assumption that you aren't old enough to play older games just because they came out before you were born. This comes up half the time I mention EMs, despite the fact that I'm 32. There are still places around with older machines in good working condition (they can be hard to find, but they are there. National Pinball Museum in Baltimore has some and that's how I got to play them. I also played some when I went to Vegas to the Pinball Hall of Fame).

I think he mentioned not being old enough because it can be really hard to find those older machines in good working order in many locations. You have to remember not everyone lives in a city or can afford a trip to Vegas. For people like myself who live almost two hours from even a smaller city, it's pretty slim pickings on what we can play out in the wild. Even the newer tables are rarely in good shape, so to find something even pre-90's can be an extremely rare treat.

I know some have suggested on FB that you have to be old to enjoy EMs and early SS, but I don't think that's what Actionball was getting at.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I think calling cactus canyon "broken" is a very inaccurate assertion. Regardless of how stupid WMS' business decisions were in the late 90's, releasing nearly a thousand defective units of a product would have been catastrophically stupid. Not sure if you've played the game but there is nothing wrong with it. No game ending issues, wizard mode is fine and it is actual well regarded by many forum members and website listings. The only thing lacking is a final version of the roms. The game has complete roms now. It just doesn't have features that were intended for release after production.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
My apologies, I was under the impression that Cactus Canyon was incomplete in some way and that features were missing.

Pinball2000

Apr 26, 2012
I have to add ROAD SHOW to my list. I don't think I saw it on any lists. I had never seen one, until I played a real one today. After playing tons of Funhouse on TPA, this one with 2 heads was a lot of fun as well. I am trying to buy it. Anyone else like or dislike?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
@Brian
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where there are more deer than people, heh. I can drive 4 hours in any direction and only see a handful of machines, some in not-so-great shape, with the oldest being early 90's stuff....so yeah, playing the old classics requires a vacation. :) That's why I can relate to what Actionball was saying....although thankfully I played a lot of different machines back in the day when they were more plentiful.

edit: nevermind, looks like you deleted your post...

Last edited:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
@Brian
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where there are more deer than people, heh. I can drive 4 hours in any direction and only see a handful of machines, some in not-so-great shape, with the oldest being early 90's stuff....so yeah, playing the old classics requires a vacation. :) That's why I can relate to what Actionball was saying....although thankfully I played a lot of different machines back in the day when they were more plentiful.

edit: nevermind, looks like you deleted your post...

Sorry about that. I thought it was better if I said nothing, since what I typed felt awkward. Yikes. It was better back in the day for me too. Even the local arcade in the mall shut down in favor of a lame cell phone store. It wasn't really the best arcade, but it had House of the Dead 1 and some Stern pinball machine.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sorry about that. I thought it was better if I said nothing, since what I typed felt awkward. Yikes. It was better back in the day for me too. Even the local arcade in the mall shut down in favor of a lame cell phone store. It wasn't really the best arcade, but it had House of the Dead 1 and some Stern pinball machine.

No worries, man.

I don't even like going into malls anymore because it just makes me sad when there's no arcade. It's just not proper, I tell ya. ;)

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
I think calling cactus canyon "broken" is a very inaccurate assertion. Regardless of how stupid WMS' business decisions were in the late 90's, releasing nearly a thousand defective units of a product would have been catastrophically stupid. Not sure if you've played the game but there is nothing wrong with it. No game ending issues, wizard mode is fine and it is actual well regarded by many forum members and website listings. The only thing lacking is a final version of the roms. The game has complete roms now. It just doesn't have features that were intended for release after production.

Fine, broken is the wrong word.

Ive played them both, and want both badly. Champion Pub works fine enough for me not to notice things are missing. The only CC Ive gotten to play was broken off and on for the only month is was put on location near me, brand new. Removed due to computer problems by the operator who was frustrated with trying to get it to stay up.

My point was not about if its a great game. It would probably be silly to have it on my wish list if I did not enjoy playing it. More about if I was running a company in the business of emulating games would I put the money out on something even potentially buggy.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Big Bang Bar. Never played one and most likely never will, but it looks such a smart game.

More realistically, something like Swords of Fury or Banzai Run would be pretty cool.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I have to add ROAD SHOW to my list. I don't think I saw it on any lists. I had never seen one, until I played a real one today. After playing tons of Funhouse on TPA, this one with 2 heads was a lot of fun as well. I am trying to buy it. Anyone else like or dislike?

I like this table as well. The only thing I don't like is the linear nature of the missions. Since you have to go from East Coast to West Coast, you find yourself playing the same missions over and over with each new game, with the same lines being said each time. Having two sets of alternating lines would have helped alleviate this, but it didn't happen. The bulldozer shots so essential to this game are also an SDTM risk, but it would still make a great addition to TPA.

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
Twilight Zone
Haunted House
Star Wars
Kiss
Twister

I know licensing would be a nightmare for most of these. Any Pat Lawlor machine has my vote (RCT, Monopoly, etc..). Would be happy to contribute to any kickstarter project for any of these. TZ is my favorite, also a proud owner of a TZ. Hopefully the third magnet mod would be included in that table (with the extra launch onto and clock passage opto). Such little detatils make the gameplay so much better. Keep up the great work! Far and away my favorite iOS app. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.