What controller do you use for PC?

Harmonius

Jul 29, 2015
Generally, I use an Xbox One controller. A couple good friends and I built a prototype custom controller out of some spare wood, Sanwa fightstick buttons (30mm), and an IPAC board. We vertically mounted a spare monitor on it and it worked pretty well for a first attempt, we're working on what to use for a final design in the future!

Flippy

Jun 8, 2014
I use the X-Arcade joystick but have to play on Parallels 10 on my iMac to get keyboard mapping so it works.

Nice to have pinball type buttons proper on the side though
& map top buttons for nudge.

Harmonius

Jul 29, 2015
I use my PS4 controller. Needs a program to work, but hey, I enjoy it more than with just a keyboard.

I tried my PS4 controller with InputMapper this morning, it was pretty great. Not bad at all for when I don't have my XBOne controller connected.

Harmonius

Jul 29, 2015
I use the X-Arcade joystick but have to play on Parallels 10 on my iMac to get keyboard mapping so it works.

Nice to have pinball type buttons proper on the side though
& map top buttons for nudge.

How does Pinball Arcade run on Parallels? I'm getting pretty fed up with the Mac version on the go, I'm considering devoting a few more gigabytes to my Parallels storage to switch over.

Flippy

Jun 8, 2014
How does Pinball Arcade run on Parallels? I'm getting pretty fed up with the Mac version on the go, I'm considering devoting a few more gigabytes to my Parallels storage to switch over.

Works just fine -- though I'm considering switching to Boot Camp to see if I can run the new DX11.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I've upgraded an old Hotrod arcade stick to the new X-arcade controller. it supports more buttons then the hotrod so i ordered a couple extra player 1 and 2 buttons and switches and drilled new holes in the sides and added second flipper buttons on both sides. the one of the left its pretty far apart but i couldn't avoid it due to internal joystick being in the way on the left side. its ok I'll get use to using my r left pinky..so far I think thats only used for magna save.

I ended up adding 4 legs from home depot on the bottom to raise the height so its more comfortable(closer to standard pincab height now) plus as well with the extra height i could lower the 360 controller so it slides under the play field monitor without bumping (its used for nudging).

For the right flippers I'm curious how the normal configuration is for extra flipper buttons..is the primary flipper button always under your index finger and the secondary flipper under your ring finger?
I've never played Starship Troopers pin in real life and I'm not sure I got it setup to match it right..guess it doesn't really matter but curious
This will have to do till I can convince Noah to build me a more professional one

wyhP4m4.jpg

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
ya i think those are discontinued mrhorseshow.
Virutapin.net was making newer ones for them or something. but that partnership ended. the guy that runs virtuapin.net was the guy that said he would make one but he hasn't had time from regular jobs to do it yet.
Maybe a few of us should put together a contact list that would buy one and send to him in September.. more sales for a controller would definitely make redesigning based on new hardware a better prospect.

mrhorseshoe

Jun 25, 2012
ya i think those are discontinued mrhorseshow.
Virutapin.net was making newer ones for them or something. but that partnership ended. the guy that runs virtuapin.net was the guy that said he would make one but he hasn't had time from regular jobs to do it yet.
Maybe a few of us should put together a contact list that would buy one and send to him in September.. more sales for a controller would definitely make redesigning based on new hardware a better prospect.

Ah, thanks for the info. I'll contact Virtuapin about it. I'd buy a virtual cabinet if I had the money, but this is the next best thing.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
exactly why i've done what i have..it was couple hundred bucks to get controller updates and articulating arm for play field monitor ..but if i had the cash i'd buy a virtuapin in a heartbeat
canadian dollar, customs and shipping just puts it out of range atm tho.

frodus

Jan 18, 2015
I have a Pinball Cabinet and got one of the Virtuapin Digital Plunger Kit V2's and use it with x360ce. I have buttons mapped in for a, x, b, y, thumb buttons for the flippers, the plunger is mapped to axis 3 with a 5% deadzone, the accelerometer (axis 1 and 2) is mapped to buttons for the DPAD for nudge with 10% deadzone.

I use pinballx as a front end, I've got PinballFX2 and Pinball Arcade installed and configured with Nukelauncher to launch tables. Runs pretty well now that I have the new x360ce program working (I had the 64 bit version and it didn't work, got the 32 bit and its fine).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts