What do you think the next kick starter will be?

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014
Don't you just love the capitalistic world of copyrights, and big corporations that have their paws in everything? It's just a joke. You can't even play your favorite pinball machines due to some jerk off who wants a huge cash settlement for the use of it.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Maybe they wish to focus on Addams Family or bust as far as kickstarters go? They don't seem to really be very enthusiastic about any premium licensed games not named Addam's Family.

The T2 Kickstarter if I recall barely made its goal, where ST:TNG or Twilight Zone had no problems whatsoever and went quite a bit over it. There may have been other factors for all I know, but this may be considered the difference between a well liked license table (T2) vs. a Top 10 one (ST:TNG or TZ).

I would love to see Dr. Who but unless BBC makes the license easy I can't see it happening.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Do you guys think we will have a kickstarter for season 3?
I'm not sure, I think they will start it during season 3 and a release in the beginning of season 4.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
If my calculations are right season 4 should start around halloween.
If they make a kickstarter for it during season 3 they could release it to begin season 4.
Would be awesome.
Even more awesome if we could gey it now ^^

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013
I'm as fanatical as it gets, since I edit a Who newsletter monthly for the Time Meddlers of Los Angeles, and have a complete archive of the DVDs sitting five feet from me.

I talked to them at the Comikaze Expo last year, and Norman said they would have get a British lawyer to approach all seven Doctors plus the companions on the table and probably Kit Pedler and the notorious Terry Nation estate for the Daleks, and it would be a very complicated table to license.

The Doctors and Daleks could all be done through a single contact point at the BBC, hundreds of who items a year are done that way.

I'm not sure you'd need the companions likenesses rights, they are barely recognizable as the actors on the table.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The Doctors and Daleks could all be done through a single contact point at the BBC, hundreds of who items a year are done that way.

I'm not sure you'd need the companions likenesses rights, they are barely recognizable as the actors on the table.

That was exactly how Farisght stated they were able to get the licensing rights for Star Trek TNG. Apparently paramount had the forethought to get all the actors on board so the could license things without having to have companies go through multiple channels. If Dr. Who has a similar deal in place it would make it one of the easiest licenses to obtain as long as they could pay the price.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012

The Dalek rights are separately controlled by Terry Nation's estate. Licensing them is apparently a nightmare; even the BBC itself had extreme difficulty renewing their license in order to start the new run of Doctor Who. (Although now that Terry Nation himself is dead, the estate's executor might be easier to work with.)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Complications aside, I think the next kick starters are going to be as follows:

1. The Addams Family (process was made with talking to Paramount Pictures a while back, should be close to reality by now)
2. Simpsons Pinball Party (#2 on the Top Premium Tables poll and the most realistic one on the list)
3. Either Jurassic Park, Rocky & Bullwinkle or Tales from the Crypt (Good way to bring in DE tables to the game and focus on Sterns)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The Dalek rights are separately controlled by Terry Nation's estate. Licensing them is apparently a nightmare; even the BBC itself had extreme difficulty renewing their license in order to start the new run of Doctor Who. (Although now that Terry Nation himself is dead, the estate's executor might be easier to work with.)

With all the Dalek merchandise about, it can't be that hard!

Feb 19, 2014
I think Lord of the Rings would have no trouble, it's a bit more popular than T2, and it's got a rabid fan base, not to mention just a really popular license. Albeit it might be the most expensive one yet.

Simpsons, similarly, would be one that IMO sails through a Kickstarter. Especially if they do both the Data East and Stern machines.

It's a shame Indiana Jones is so tough, because I really enjoyed the Stern one (never played the Williams one but I'm sure it's awesome).

With all that said I feel LotR should be next, followed by Simpsons. I also really like the Family Guy table, but do you think that one is popular enough to get Kickstarter?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
With all that said I feel LotR should be next, followed by Simpsons. I also really like the Family Guy table, but do you think that one is popular enough to get Kickstarter?

I'm lucky to have eight or nine pins in my local HMV. It's an interesting location for them because it attracts a lot of passers-by. And from my observations, the table that group are likely to put a credit in is Family Guy. It will be popular enough to be funded, definitely.

I'd prefer Shrek though.

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
Not sure what table will be kickstarted next (if any), but I wouldn't mind seeing TAF, TSPP, Doctor Who?, or BSD (if it even needs one).

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Terminator 3

I sincerely doubt that—a British video games firm called Reef Entertainment landed exclusive video game rights to the Terminator franchise some months ago, so it was all we could do to get Judgment Day. Anyway, I actually have a dark horse pick for our next Kickstarter: World Cup Soccer '94. We have previously heard that the licensing costs for that table would be enormous (though I don't entirely understand why), but with a World Cup right around the corner, FarSight could fund a WCS94 Kickstarter without any issues if they launch it within a month or three.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I sincerely doubt that—a British video games firm called Reef Entertainment landed exclusive video game rights to the Terminator franchise some months ago, so it was all we could do to get Judgment Day. Anyway, I actually have a dark horse pick for our next Kickstarter: World Cup Soccer '94. We have previously heard that the licensing costs for that table would be enormous (though I don't entirely understand why), but with a World Cup right around the corner, FarSight could fund a WCS94 Kickstarter without any issues if they launch it within a month or three.

Maybe RCT.

I would be happy with either of these.

Jan 6, 2013
You know i would like a lot off that list and really like to see Freddy, But i hope it is either that or the Adams Fam.How much longer until we hear anything .How does this work one k.s. a season?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts