What have you been playing? (Besides pinball)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
PC: Obulis
Sonic racing transformed

Android: FFI,III,IV,V, Dimensions
Bard's Tale
Crazy Taxi
250+ Solitaire Games
Auralux
R-Type
Syder Arcade
Break Droid Revolution (an Arkanoid clone)
Gemini Rue

I didn't know Crazy Taxi was out for Android, but having it on DC, GC and XBOX Live, I have trouble playing the XBOX Live version because the soundtrack was changed, the GC version is the last one to have the original sound track so I play that one. Funny, when I'm not playing I never want to hear Offspring and Bad Religion, but if my game doesn't start with a "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeay", I just can't get into it.

R-Type has been one of my favorite games since I had it for the Sega Master System back in the 80s, the arcade version is one of the best games every designed.

Oh, I've been meaning to give FNC a go. How is it? I loved Round 3. Played Round 4 a bit, but never owned it.

The only MMA I've played was the first UFC game by THQ I think it was, but I couldn't get into because the boxing was so terrible. Couldn't bob and weave. I'm guessing these games have come a long way?

I have the second UFC game ever which was released for the Sega Dreamcast and it's awesome, and gorgeous (still actually looks pretty good today, if a bit on the primitive side in some ways), it was way better than the abortion that was released for the first Playstation.

I want to plug in my Wii, so I can get back into F-Zero GX, Eternal Darkness, Twighlight Princess, Viewtiful Joe, and my Daughter got me Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands for the Wii.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Kindle Fire HD
Simpson's Tapped Out

PlayStation 3
Grand Theft Auto V
GRID 2
The Walking Dead Season 2 , ep1
Tiger Woods 2014

PS4, Wii U, 3DS XL, Vita haven't been opened yet...

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I didn't know Crazy Taxi was out for Android, but having it on DC, GC and XBOX Live, I have trouble playing the XBOX Live version because the soundtrack was changed, the GC version is the last one to have the original sound track so I play that one. Funny, when I'm not playing I never want to hear Offspring and Bad Religion, but if my game doesn't start with a "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeay", I just can't get into it

Think the Android version is back to the original soundtrack. Sadly still no KFC though. :(

N

netizen

I didn't know Crazy Taxi was out for Android, but having it on DC, GC and XBOX Live, I have trouble playing the XBOX Live version because the soundtrack was changed, the GC version is the last one to have the original sound track so I play that one. Funny, when I'm not playing I never want to hear Offspring and Bad Religion, but if my game doesn't start with a "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeay", I just can't get into it.

R-Type has been one of my favorite games since I had it for the Sega Master System back in the 80s, the arcade version is one of the best games every designed.

Crazy Taxi on Android has the complete original soundtrack. All the Bad Religion and the Offspring you can Yeah, Yeah, yeah along with.

R-Type is super frustrating on Android. IDK if it's the clone or if it's that I remember a different version but it seems much slower, and that makes for an interesting gaming experience. Obv you speed up as you collect the dumb pods, but I recalled it being a faster game overall. :/

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
PS3

Minecraft (or my boy has and then he sucks me into its vortex)
GTA IV

PC

Pinball FX 2 (thanks 75% off flash sale!)

iOS

Candy Crush Saga (you are truly evil)
Where's My Water?

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
PC: Stone Soup Dungeon Crawl and Spelunky. I really want to play Papers Please, probably get it later in the week.

My Phone: Pixel Dungeon, Flood Tower

PS3: Shadow of the Colossus, last year's Hockey game.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
That is a ridiculously addictive game
Yea it's pretty good, especially for a free game. It's based on Brogue, which I like too, but Stone Soup is my favorite roguelike right now. It is available for android, but I prefer playing it with a mouse.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I've pretty much packed in with console gaming now, so it's PC or nothing for me.

Been picking up a few Steam games and sale bargains:

1. Skyrim (heavily modded)
2. Grid 2
3. Fez
4. Portal 2
5. Far Cry 3
6. Batman Arkham City
7. XCOM
8. Sleeping Dogs
9. Pool Nation (FarSight need to check out the lighting, physics, and all round shinyness!)

Also been playing a bit more of Project Cars, which has came on massively over then last couple of months. Looking forward to that being released.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Carl, hoping that comes out on PC soon. What do you think of it?
Great game, graphically you can see they're trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the Xbox 360 hardware, it would have been better as an Xbox One launch title as the framerate is pretty low (<30fps for the most part).

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Great game, graphically you can see they're trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the Xbox 360 hardware, it would have been better as an Xbox One launch title as the framerate is pretty low (<30fps for the most part).

Cheers, Carl. It does look like a great game. Trouble is, I like all the bells and whistles and >60fps too much, hence sticking to PC now.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I download a lot games for the iPad, but I usually play once and delete, nothing really grabs me very often. I have the old Atari console and coin-op collection, but the controls are only so-so on most games; Tempest works pretty well, so I don’t delete it… always loved that game, though I’m still lousy at it. I play quick games online with Nanosaur 2 and AirWings. Otherwise, TPA takes up 95% of my game time now. I should get out more often.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Summoner Wars for iOS is pretty damn cool. It's a cross between a board game and a deck building game like Magic The Gathering. Very polished.
http://appshopper.com/games/summoner-wars

I got it when it was free, but just now got around to trying it. Definitely worth a buck.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Going back to Dragon Quest V and marrying the other wenches to see how the story unfolds with them

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts