What implications does the new Stern-Pinball Arcade app have for PC?

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
The more I think about it it seems like this would be a new game? Stern Pinball Arcade? Or do you think it is likely it's still a part of Pinball Arcade with a Stern section? Or something else?

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
It'd be awesome for them to include it in with the original for consolidation reasons, but I'll just be happy if they allow portrait mode. Would love to play a digital version of TWD!

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Also a point Gorgar made in the other thread is would this have to go through Steam Greenlight again? I wouldn't think so.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I think it is basically the same app, just keeping things separate for licensing.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
AS i understand it they have to make it a separate app on mobile so they can restrict it to platforms capable of emulating sam/spike.

for PC it will probably just a second copy of the same engine, or the same program.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
A bunch in all the different threads on every site suggesting that it won't be to make sure virtual cabs don't takeaway from potential sales or some such nonsense.
or the idea that they might not ship with it initially...to me its a core standard feature that is required..without it game isn't feature complete.

Portrait is the defacto view for mobile and tablets anyways..its not like they won't have to address it somehow.
Just consoles its a non issue

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
The more I think about it it seems like this would be a new game? Stern Pinball Arcade? Or do you think it is likely it's still a part of Pinball Arcade with a Stern section? Or something else?

It said right in the announcement that it is a separate title.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
A bunch in all the different threads on every site suggesting that it won't be to make sure virtual cabs don't takeaway from potential sales or some such nonsense.
or the idea that they might not ship with it initially...to me its a core standard feature that is required..without it game isn't feature complete.

Portrait is the defacto view for mobile and tablets anyways..its not like they won't have to address it somehow.
Just consoles its a non issue

I'm sure it will have portrait mode, but I also think this is the reason Farsight recently said that cabinet support is no longer happening. I'm sure Stern wants to keep the authentic experience available to their real machines only.

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
Real machines they no longer sell (i.e. production lines over..kaput; you get only get them USED for LOTS of money)....yeah makes sense.

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
You think they will go into Stern's recent backlog of tables, or is this just going to be future tables from now on- starting with GOT?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Real machines they no longer sell (i.e. production lines over..kaput; you get only get them USED for LOTS of money)....yeah makes sense.

You think they will go into Stern's recent backlog of tables, or is this just going to be future tables from now on- starting with GOT?

Sounds like new and recent to me. The pics they're showing are of the Metallica playfield, which is still being built new.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

I agree with Metalzoic. I would assume only the recent stuff. I'd be shocked if this includes older titles like LOTR or TSPP. But I'm only speculating (just like everyone else). Only Stern and FS know the answer for sure.

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
The way I initially thought it would work was to digitize tables going forward, depending on how strict their licenses are- so we would only see GOT and future stern releases... but it'd be fantastic to at least play some of their recent makes like TWD, Metallica, or Kiss! We'll have to wait and see!

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I think it would be better to add 'em to regular PA on PC, for convenience's sake, just so we don't have to switch the game every time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts