What is going on? We DEMAND transparency!!!

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Why is it so hard to just be honest with your CUSTOMERS?!?!

I just got to try out TPA the other day after the huge patch that had, what 3 patches in one that should have been released last year, but instead we were left with an unplayable broken poorly lighted pinball game...

There is multiple tables that crash when just trying to run them. The lighting STILL is not fixed... Why did you guys even add that bulb brightness option as it doesn't do anything... I've put it all the way down, all the way up, in the middle, etc.... and its no difference... Yet when you try to use the room slider its either to dark or will just light up outside of the table or like around it... The table play field is still to dark like right in the middle.... The best way i can describe it, is there should be a hanging light right above the table so you can see the play field.... When you use the room slider, it's like all and that area, but the table field doesn't get any better...

Also the default steel ball just looks like a matted dark grey color with no shine or reflection... That's what makes it hard too see as well... Go look at the default steel ball on Zens Pinball FX3 and their table play field and that's kind of how nice and bright it should be...

We want the table to be nice and bright, we want the outside of the table dark, heck, you can just black it out on the outside, that would be better than seeing that generic background and floor that we do see...

Luckily, the glow balls help, but we shouldn't HAVE to purchase an add on like that just so we can see where the ball is... Before the update most of us used that bright green ball since that was the easiest to see on most tables.... Now we have to purchase the glow balls to get a better view....

The tables were fine before you added the stupid table bulb sliders... They weren't as dark...

The default ball looks 100 times better on my Samsung Galaxy S8+, why is it that a mobile version looks better than the PS4 version? Even the lighting on the tables look better on mobile than PS4...

It seems like you all are trying to cut corners and just port over the PS3 and or 360 version over to the PS4 and probably the XB1 as well... I don't have an XB1, so i won't discuss that, but I wouldn't be surprised...

Quit trying to port an inferior product to a much better console that can look just as good as PC...

We got one update last year and that's the one that messed up the lighting, then you all held onto 3 patches until this year and released them all at once and ended up breaking other things that was working just fine before....

Now you all are concentrated on getting the port over to switch, so it's it safe to say yet again the PS4 will be ignored again all year and we have to live with this mess again till you all decide to do anything about it?

And please don't give the BS excuse that Sony delays the patches or blame anyone else because there are other companies that are able to release NEW pinball tables across all the platforms they support at the same time and they are also able to release patches to fix issues pretty quickly as well...

Pinball FX3 had some issues when it released... Zen jumped on it and got a patch and fix for it within 2 weeks... not 1 month, 3 or more months later, etc.... They also didn't go mess up other things when they released their patch....

Also through all the patch notes, there is NOTHING that says you all fixed or adjusted the lighting, so all the people that THINK they did, it's just that, you thought they did or think it looks better because you either haven't played in a long long time since it was unplayable or just trying to convince yourself its better because you want it to be.... butt unfortunately it hasn't got any better... but like i said, at least the glow balls help, but those should be given for free if that's what we have to use to see the damn ball...

Please tell us what is going on and no more lame excuses or less and delays... We are getting fed up that you all prioritize PC and Mobile platforms over consoles and now probably have the switch more of a priority than the PS4 even though the PS4 is a more powerful console... We have already warned switch owners be wary of getting your products because you tend to forget about console customers and or give us crappy last gen ports....

When will there be a fix for the things you broke in the last patch and when will the lighting be fixed and the ball lighting or reflection on the ball, the default one in particular... Like i said, look at pinball FX3 to get reference to how it should look...

If you're transparent to us and up front and honest, then we'll be more understanding and forgiving... Though right now and this is just being up front and honest with you all at Farsight, i would rank you all as the second worse developer/company right behind EA.... Only because you treat your console customers like garbage and don't care... You just cater to PC and Mobile platforms first... The PS4 should look just about the same and play the same as ther PC version and definitely better than the mobile version, but it's definitely lower than the mobile version....

Oh, also some of the tables feel weird, like the ball feels way to floaty, especially on World Cup Soccer... The ball and physics on that feel horrible...

For as long as you all took on this last patch, it shouldn't have all these issues and should have fixed a ton of stuff... Heck, it should have been like a whole new upgraded version of the game as a whole, but instead its like you just released the tables that we should have had MONTHS ago and said you tweaked some things here and there, but it's not as noticeable as all the NEW issues and problems that you all caused to it...

So what's going on and when will these issues be fixed, definitely not going to wait another year like last year...

arthurh

May 2, 2012
If your first post is to give us this rant - then how about another first post to let you know the following:

While you may be frustrated with Farsight's care of the PS4 platform the last several years, this is just plain wrong.

What must it be like for Tom to work on these patches, update us frequently on this forum, and then see this type of venomous reaction? I for one appreciate that Tom has taken the effort to restore the very transparency that you're asking for. What it really comes down to is that you're complaining about the quality of the very first patch that Tom attempted. While there are flaws, at least we have someone that cares about listening to the bugs and fixing them. If you actually read Tom's posts in the last two weeks, you'd see very clearly that he acknowledged some mistakes, and is trying his best to fix them. Most of all, he immediately listened to the feedback on the lighting and bulb issues, and I get the feeling that he genuinely cares about giving us - Farsight's long-suffering PS4 customers - exactly what we are looking for.

I don't know you at all, but maybe you should take a rest from the ranting and raving and actually try to engage in some constructive communications. Maybe even move on from Farsight to another product if you are that angry. It doesn't help to be that venomous to the very person trying to restore the game to where it should be.

Tom, if and when you read the above post - please take to heart that there are many PS4 users who greatly appreciate that you have come on the scene, and have already started to restore the transparency and communications that were lacking in the past. I know there are bugs - unintentional ones - that your efforts might produce. But I do trust that you care enough to fix them, as mentioned in your posts. Thanks again and I so look forward to seeing fixed versions of all the tables you can get to. Please ignore the noise from people like this.

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Aw man! You're gonna wish you would have held your tongue come Tuesday's update. Next planned patch is January 23. It's pretty obvious you have not read through the last two patch threads. We got a new guy working on PS4's TPA (Tom Devaney) and he has been very transparent about what is going on, the mess he walked into, and what he is doing to make things right.

Believe me, we all have felt the frustration you're feeling over the last year, but you let it rip just a couple days too soon.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
lyannasmaller.jpg

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/13021-Patch-1-19-NA-and-1-20-EU
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/13060-Patch-1-20-NA-and-1-21-EU

Could have tried reading those two active threads in this subforum first. They address pretty much everything in your post.

Now you all are concentrated on getting the port over to switch, so it's it safe to say yet again the PS4 will be ignored again all year and we have to live with this mess again till you all decide to do anything about it?

Tom works on the Sony versions. Switch SPA/TPA would not interrupt his work.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
The Squeaky Wheel

If your first post is to give us this rant - then how about another first post to let you know the following:

While you may be frustrated with Farsight's care of the PS4 platform the last several years, this is just plain wrong.

What must it be like for Tom to work on these patches, update us frequently on this forum, and then see this type of venomous reaction? I for one appreciate that Tom has taken the effort to restore the very transparency that you're asking for. What it really comes down to is that you're complaining about the quality of the very first patch that Tom attempted. While there are flaws, at least we have someone that cares about listening to the bugs and fixing them. If you actually read Tom's posts in the last two weeks, you'd see very clearly that he acknowledged some mistakes, and is trying his best to fix them. Most of all, he immediately listened to the feedback on the lighting and bulb issues, and I get the feeling that he genuinely cares about giving us - Farsight's long-suffering PS4 customers - exactly what we are looking for.

I don't know you at all, but maybe you should take a rest from the ranting and raving and actually try to engage in some constructive communications. Maybe even move on from Farsight to another product if you are that angry. It doesn't help to be that venomous to the very person trying to restore the game to where it should be.

Tom, if and when you read the above post - please take to heart that there are many PS4 users who greatly appreciate that you have come on the scene, and have already started to restore the transparency and communications that were lacking in the past. I know there are bugs - unintentional ones - that your efforts might produce. But I do trust that you care enough to fix them, as mentioned in your posts. Thanks again and I so look forward to seeing fixed versions of all the tables you can get to. Please ignore the noise from people like this.

Sorry, Arthur, but I don't think the poster's anger is misspent. You know the old saying that the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and FS owes us PS owners a lot of oil after years of bugs, delays, and inadequate communication.

Let us hope this new guy Tom can turn the situation around, but I don't think knee-padding is an appropriate response to improving the situation either.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Sorry, Arthur, but I don't think the poster's anger is misspent. You know the old saying that the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and FS owes us PS owners a lot of oil after years of bugs, delays, and inadequate communication.

Let us hope this new guy Tom can turn the situation around, but I don't think knee-padding is an appropriate response to improving the situation either.

Please don't add fuel to the fire here. Constructive criticism and posting bugs/issues is what will help Tom fix the PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade...not salty rants like that of the OP.

Tom is already open to communication and is actively resolving issues so no need for threads like this and posts like yours. We are all getting what we've been asking for so please, let the man do his job.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Please don't add fuel to the fire here. Constructive criticism and posting bugs/issues is what will help Tom fix the PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade...not salty rants like that of the OP.

Tom is already open to communication and is actively resolving issues so no need for threads like this and posts like yours. We are all getting what we've been asking for so please, let the man do his job.

Yes, we're getting a few answers, but so far we've also gotten more bugs -- including two unplayable older games -- and still no fixes to the lighting issue.

Do you work for FS, or are you a friend of Tom's?

Otherwise, we can always take our rants to a more open forum like FB, if that's what FS prefers...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes, we're getting a few answers, but so far we've also gotten more bugs -- including two unplayable older games -- and still no fixes to the lighting issue.

Do you work for FS, or are you a friend of Tom's?

Otherwise, we can always take our rants to a more open forum like FB, if that's what FS prefers...

I do not work for FarSight but I am one of the moderators of this forum. I am merely asking you guys to minimize the ranting and refocus that energy into helping the cause instead of continuing to complain about it.

However, this is not the place to debate this issue so let's please move on.

arthurh

May 2, 2012

Completely disagree. I have been frustrated as well. However, being constructive and polite always pays dividends, especially if we have someone that is now willing to engage with us on a more frequent basis. Also, I don't work for Farsight, and I don't know Tom.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
FB Here We Come

I do not work for FarSight but I am one of the moderators of this forum. I am merely asking you guys to minimize the ranting and refocus that energy into helping the cause instead of continuing to complain about it.

However, this is not the place to debate this issue so let's please move on.

You're right, Pin Wiz, I'll bring this up on the TPA page of FB...

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
So its Tuesday, January 23rd... Still no update or patch... Once again we get screwed and once again delays, wonder what excuse it'll be this time?? Maybe you all should have held your tongue because like clockwork there is nothing.... So now we get another week of unplayable tables, lighting still messed up, and so on....

Also Farsight or this "Tom" guy everyone is talking about, just cause you all included the glow balls doesn't let you off the hook on not fixing lighting... I really don't want to use the glow balls on every table just to be able to see the ball and play....

Speaking of which, those are bugged as well... if you try to select one of them by scrolling to the left, they won't appear, you have to scroll thru the right for them to appear or if you go to the left you scroll until just past the other new balls like scroll till you see the taxi ball and then scroll to the right and they magically appear...

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
You really should read the current status from the ps4 sub forum, tom seems fairly new and getting upto speed with such a large codebase (that i suspect is alittle messy to be kind) is gonna take some time, maybe by the time you fixes you want come out youll have matured alittle and not be so self centred, your issues are more than justified but what do you want a cookie? Try to be patient just alittle longer, its not as if every other console user hasnt experienced the same issues. *still holding tounge*

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
The lighting is in the process of being fixed. Tom has been going through all of the game's 90-some tables individually tweaking it.

There's even an entire thread about it right here in this very subforum.

I'd link it but I doubt you're interested in reading it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.