What is going on? We DEMAND transparency!!!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
While the ps4/console community have justifcation for sure....damn you lads are *****y!, i dont mind new posters or very irregular psters but this s8ngle thread floats posts that are frankly better left to the soapbox rants of facebook....can i get a like?

SteveLate7

Sep 24, 2017
While the ps4/console community have justifcation for sure....damn you lads are *****y!, i dont mind new posters or very irregular psters but this s8ngle thread floats posts that are frankly better left to the soapbox rants of facebook....can i get a like?

Sorry. I am just bitterly disappointed about this endless delays.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Was the 23rd ever officially announced by FarSight as a concrete release date for the update? Or was it just a hopeful estimate by one FarSight employee that he threw out on an unofficial fan forum? Seems like it was the latter, but maybe I missed something. If it is the latter, that's not what I'd call lying.

Edit: And apparently, according to the patch thread, the EU patch has indeed been deployed and should be ready soon, whenever it goes through on PSN. People are already getting the US patch. Time to turn my PS4 on.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Was the 23rd ever officially announced by FarSight as a concrete release date for the update? Or was it just a hopeful estimate by one FarSight employee that he threw out on an unofficial fan forum? Seems like it was the latter, but maybe I missed something. If it is the latter, that's not what I'd call lying.

Edit: And apparently, according to the patch thread, the EU patch has indeed been deployed and should be ready soon, whenever it goes through on PSN. People are already getting the US patch. Time to turn my PS4 on.

Dont speak sense gtfo

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Ok, so i have no problem to admitting when i was wrong or I jumped the gun... So yes i was wrong and did speak a little to soon. There was an update today eventually... Not sure when it finally came out, but when i was checking other things i saw there was a new update being downloaded for PBA...

I went through some of the things, mainly the lighting and the tables that were unplayable, well the two notable ones, but did check the lighting on multiple tables that were very dark at least for me....

I can say that the ball reflection/lighting does look a lot better and was definitely better than what i was thinking when i read that the guy said he added a light to follow the ball, that had me worried.. Luckily its not how it sounds...

It is better, that's for sure, but it still feels like there is something off or missing... Like I've suggested and or replied too Farsight through NUMEROUS support emails and on Facebook, chats, etc...

So I'm definitely not new to PBA or with speaking with Farsight, just never posted on here till recently because i figured i would try one more time to try and figure out what was going on and trying to find more support for PS4 and consoles in general... I like others have given up on trying too say what issues was going on and asking when things would get updated or fixed because all we would ever be told is "Soon" or they blame Sony and or any one else other than themselves...

This Tom guy does seem like he is trying and definitely doing a lot more than anyone else has for PS4... So I'll give him that and most frustrations is against Farsight as a whole and for how console customers have been treated....

I've been a Farsight customer since PC... I originally had all tables up to like judge Dredd or last action hero, was one of the last ones i got before my cpu broke down.... I then turned to Xbox 360 and again had paid for all tables again up till the last one came out which i think was starship troopers i believe and ever since then we 360 customers continuously have asked why no more tables were coming and what was going on as there was numerous bugs still and we kept being told "soon" and how there is going to be a new huge patch that was going to have all the fixes that the PC has had and was going to have a bunch of new tables...

This was going on for like 2 years of being mislead... I FINALLY made the jump to PS4 as it seemed like Farsight has ended support on 360, but didn't want to tell us that they have moved on from 360... Last year i believe or late 2016 they finally released a new update for PS3 that had new tables up to season 6 i believe or might of been up to season 5 and then they just got season 6 after, but it was after i had already moved on and was hopeful along with the other people still on 360 was finally going to get as well that they kept promising for over 2 years....

They still never updated the 360.. Then we go pay for season 6 last year and we never got another update after that and no other new tables, but the PS3, the PS3 which is an out dated console, ended up getting all season 6 tables before the PS4... Then was told via email by support that there was going to be a new update by end of November, then we find out on FB early December and kept getting pushed back...

So the frustrations have built... Then having purchased a lot of the same tables not once or twice, but 3 times now and we get treated like they could care less, thats even more frustrations and i know i was a fool for always giving in and re-purchasing the same tables or packs..

So i and i know others want to give them a chance, we're just tired of being lied to and seeing more attention given to other platforms... Like I've pointed out many times to them, you don't see other companies like Zen Studios split their customer base by releasing new content for one platform over another, they have released new content for all their platforms at the same time and when there's been issues they have released a fix or patch shortly after....

This has been the soonest I've seen them issue a fix after a patch was released, so like i said I'll give credit when it is due like this was..

Now just hope there isn't other issues that this new patch caused or if so they can get them fixed quickly...

Thanks again to whom it concerns, guess that would be "Tom" and anyone else involved, and again I'll admit when i was wrong and or spoke to soon today...

As for the other things if there are any, I'll post them another time, for now I just want to finally go back to hopefully having fun with this game again as its been a long, long time since being able to play and enjoy this game....

Thanks

funchords

May 13, 2017
Anger is just love disappointed.

I felt the same intensity as the OP ... I love this product, and was disappointed with the cosmetic bugs introduced since the disc release and then not fixed. I just own Seasons 1 and 2 (which I just bought and started in the past few weeks).

Anyway, when you see intensity like this ... it's because we love it.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
And in the end I can understand the frustration. Quite some people here have purchased all tables/seasons, so you're talking about a 200 - 300 US/Dollar investment. If something I bought for that kind of money doesn't work the way it should and the shop/manufacturer would just let me sit with it for without any form of communication, I can imagine that peope get frustrated and expose their frustration on the internet.
I can also understand that some mods on this forum and some other pinball enthousiastics might think otherwhise, and yes... maybe the timing of TS was a bit off with Tom's posts in the other sections, but I can't blame him. Farsight has made a big mess of the PS4 support the last 2 years. A version ful of buggs, no new tables & no information...

Anyway, on the other hand... I am really glad with what Tom has been up to. I've finally been playing TPA for hours & hours again since a long time. Sure, a few small/new bugs here and there, but the tables look a lot better again and we have NEW tables. FINALLY. And the other bugs? I guess they will be solved as well. So, TFH is a happy camper.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
No Like

No likes for this post, Heretic.

Frankly, Farsight owes the PS4 community an apology for the months or years of poor support.

If Tom can turn things around, great.

But when a consumer pays good money for a product, one expects a good product.

Until very recently, Farsight wasn't delivering. Hence our anger, frustration, and yes, *****iness.

Being asked to tone it down rather than acknowledge the problem does nothing to improve customer relations...

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I don't know, I'm pretty happy with the progress being made with Tom at the helm. Is there still issues? Sure. But Tom really seems to be concerned for us PS4 gamers and has obviously been working hard to bring TPA to a better place than it's been for quite a while. I have confidence that Tom will get PS4 TPA working well in a fairly timely manner. He's already done quite a lot in the short time he's been on board. Most of my anger and frustration has melted away just knowing we have someone who apparently cares working on it. He already said that we should expect another update in February, and we've already gotten more updates recently than we have gotten in the last year.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
No likes for this post, Heretic.

Frankly, Farsight owes the PS4 community an apology for the months or years of poor support.

If Tom can turn things around, great.

But when a consumer pays good money for a product, one expects a good product.

Until very recently, Farsight wasn't delivering. Hence our anger, frustration, and yes, *****iness.

Being asked to tone it down rather than acknowledge the problem does nothing to improve customer relations...

Exactly, I for one don't feel bad at all for Farsight losing money by having the season 7 pass come out at $4.99 and $7.99... Though noticed how fast they got that fixed where as when they messed up the lighting or made us wait a year just about for tables we paid for...

To be honest, I truly felt that Farsight should have released Season 7 for free for console users, both systems as we both got screwed... Even if it was just for a week or two, kind of like how Zen gave EVERYONE the newest table pack completely for free the first week or two it was released and that was just a "Thank You" to their customers, they haven't been getting angry posts by customers on their forums or Facebook pages like Farsight has, so really they didn't have to give anything for free and to be honest the two original tables they released were actually pretty good and not cheap or lazy....

Now if Farsight wasn't in the bad negative light that it's been in on consoles and was more like Zen, then I actually would have felt bad for that mistake, but like I said, since they can't even apologize and or give a little compensation to console customers, then it was karma and served them right.... And keep in mind, i used to be pro Farsight when i was on PC and 360, even when i was being lied to for over two years that the 360 would be getting a huge update, i still supported and waited....

But we're past that now... I don't hold this Tom guy responsible and have nothing against him, I get he is doing a lot and doing his best. My frustrations are just with the company, the people above Tom that thought consoles wasn't important and just cared about money... Plus with Tom keeping his word so far has definitely made me take a step back and not put blame on him....

If you look at the Facebook comments, you'll see a lot more frustrated people, or would have seen, they've started banning people and censoring people lately, but some have started to chill again with the recent updates and more importantly Farsight/Tom keeping to their word with what has been said recently as far as when to expect a new update or patch whether it was in the newsletter or the stream and or from posts and replies....

So yeah, it's gotten better, we just have to hope it continues and hope they get Tom more help and he's not the only one working on PS4 or consoles in general...

Plus this forum isn't that easy to find either, i couldn't find it from the website for pinball arcade or under Farsight's page... I had to specifically search for pinball arcade forum/message board... So that's another reason I'm sure there hasn't been that many disgruntled or upset customers.... Plus most people are used to the Twitters, Facebook type posts and comments, I'm old school and prefer forums like this....

Apr 3, 2015
'To be honest, I truly felt that Farsight should have released Season 7 for free for console users, both systems as we both got screwed... Even if it was just for a week or two, kind of like how Zen gave EVERYONE the newest table pack completely for free the first week or two it was released and that was just a "Thank You" to their customers'.
xZOMBIEx

I agree with that comment and feel it would do much to heal the rift between PS4 console owners and Farsight.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
There's no reason for this site to be linked on any of FarSight's websites or social media pages. This is an unofficial site. The owner/head admin doesn't work for FarSight.

The FarSight presence here is 100% a show of good will towards the community on their behalf. I've been using forums for almost 20 years, and this is the only unofficial fan forum I've ever found that receives this level of recognition from the company in charge of whatever is being discussed.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Free stuff.....smh. For example, just because one company gives out something for free, doesn't mean another company has to do the same. If McDonald's is giving away a free burger, you don't go into Wendy's, Whataburger, In n Out, Burger King, etc... demanding a free burger too because McDonald's is. Now I'm hungry.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Free stuff.....smh. For example, just because one company gives out something for free, doesn't mean another company has to do the same. If McDonald's is giving away a free burger, you don't go into Wendy's, Whataburger, In n Out, Burger King, etc... demanding a free burger too because McDonald's is. Now I'm hungry.

Thought you were going to go all Olive Garden on us for a minute there. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.