What tables did you play today?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
8x multiplier is a good start.

I find that I keep coming back to Victory quite a bit.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012

Yeah I figured it out, thanks though. I tend to prefer to go through things myself in case I find something interesting, which happens occasionally. Tables usually become extremely one-dimensional after you find the optimal scoring strategy so I like testing out different stuff to get more fun out of them before the grind starts.

e: Not that going for high scores isn't fun, but it's usually a lot different than progression or casually slapping at stuff.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
As long as you always focus on the extra ball hole first, you're sorted. A ball is locked and released when you drain, on top of that you get a traditional extra ball. Basically two extra balls in one go. So focus on that first and you can play an incredibly safe game. When that first happened I thought it was a glitch, but no, it's incredibly generous for five relatively easy shots.

Don't collect the extra ball from the upper playfield as it doesn't lock the ball, so it's just one extra ball.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Yesterday I played Champion Pub and Taxi. Today I was able to spend time on Firepower & Tales of the Arabian Nights.

OMG today was extremely frustrating. Only now have I realized how drainworthy and obnoxious TOTAN and Firepower are. It's impossible to shoot the center targets without draining on Firepower and it's impossible to shoot a loop on TOTAN.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Bump time

Yesterday I put some time on Victory & Scared Stiff. Realized how difficult and floaty Victory is and how easy Scared Stiff is. Nevertheless had fun playing them.
Today, High Speed & Ripley's Believe It or Not. Further encouraged me notice how the physics have changed a heck of a lot (on RBION it felt impossible to make any shot on purpose, but HS was fast and flowing)

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Played RBION and had no problems with aimed shots. New Hs. Feared a crash and was happy when it didn't happen.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Playing the Williams Challenge today I had a horrible, disastrous Bride of Pinbot experience. Took her through full metamorphosis 4 times before the Billion point opportunity came up. That has never happened before. I'd say 3 out of 4 times in the past, it comes up 1billion points.

Okay, so I hit that, and quickly built up two more non-billion point metamorphoses. Totally frustrating, but coping with it by recalling how, in the past, I've complained about how easy this table is. Somewhere along the line I saw the message that I had gotten maximum points available for the challenge. This was my best BOP game by far. Still on ball two with at least one more extra ball saved up.

Then the cat wants a little attention; he nudges, bumps, pushes. This is a 23 lb. cat, so there is some force behind the soft, fuzzy impact. He lifts his head up under my elbow and the ipad screen rotates to landscape, then back to portrait... And freezes. It holds that pose for about ten seconds, then blinks out and returns to the home screen. I tap the pinball icon and it doesn't remember a thing about the last 30 minutes.

That's it. Game over, game erased and I don't feel like playing Bride of Pinbot ever again. I mean, I will eventually, but right now I see that Netflix streaming has the 3 rd season of "hell on wheels." Forget this pinball crap.

But maybe I'll slip in one game of Big Shot first.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Loaded up today to make sure that 60 or 70 people didn't overtake me in the tourney since last night and bump me to bronze. I decided I might as well take a crack or three at my worst table, which I thought was Carcass-errr-Cactus Canyon, but it turned out to be Funhouse.

First ball, near insta-drain with like 15,000 points. Must...resist...restart...urge. Second ball I just took off. I never actually reached the third ball on account of running out the 20 minute timer for the first time ever! Sure, my 31 million points was only good for about 80th in silver... but not bad for a table I still haven't even got my initials on the local high score board yet(though I think I did get somewhere over 10 million in another tournament).

FH used to be one of my worst tables, the timing(and those blue targets) just didn't click for a long time and it surely has my record for most plunges straight down the drain or off a flipper and drain. I think I may have actually scored zero on this table once if that is even possible - I know I did on something and it seems it had to be Funhouse. So I think I can be excused for feeling a just little bit of pride despite it being a fairly easy table to play long games on.

Edit: Login timed out AGAIN typing this. I swear it wasn't more than just five minutes!

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
JunkYard & Bride of Pin•Bot today.

- Noticed that JunkYard became a lot harder since I last played it, some of the shots don't appear to sync up with the flippers.
- Why is getting the Billionaire's Club hurry-up so much tougher on Bride of Pin•Bot now? Never had so much trouble with it before.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I've been getting in a little time on the four new tables on PS4. Love the flow on High Speed, and the theme in WHO Dunnit. : D

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Black knight.... Then got sick of getting my arsenal kicked... The junk yard because it's easier.... Then no good gofers because of golf. I actually wouldn't mind if gofers were taunting me for real golf.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
My local game store had TPA set up on their ps4 so I had one game of CV. Shoked on join the cirqus but made 1st place on the leaderboard with 52M I believe. First time I got to see the ps4 lightning first hand, looked good to me.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Black Knight 2000 + Cue Ball Wizard

- BK2K is a lot harder than I remember. It feels much harder to get ramp-loop combos than it was in the previous iteration.
- Something felt "off" about the physics on CBW. The flippers had the same laggy feeling the ones on CFTBL did.

Members online

Members online