What will we see for the rest of 2013?...

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
As for the opinion of "kickstarter fatigue" , I don't know about that , I didn't help that one , because:
1) Im poor right now,
2} Terminator 2 Pinball was not exciting enough to my tastes to part with $10 , and
3) then there's the StarTrek Table getting a lackluster conversion to Vita that really put me off the entire TPA game

However the recent patch updates shows that FarSight has decided to polish up past tables and try to make amends , and that's why I will put $5 into Terminator 2 Pinball when it's released , I might even buy the core pack on Steam when that hits .

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
>.> Much like TAF, I really don't get the appeal of Fish Tales. It actually looks awful.

Give me EBD any day, played it a few times on VP and that was fun.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
>.> Much like TAF, I really don't get the appeal of Fish Tales. It actually looks awful.

Give me EBD any day, played it a few times on VP and that was fun.

Never played FT, have you. Yeah. Play it first. Nothing "awful" about it (except maybe the music, but the whole theme is tongue-in-cheek, which changes the dynamic). Before the first time I played it, I thought, "looks pretty cool, maybe it'll be a top 40 table", then I played it, and it blew me away. In my top 10 for sure, and I've actually played a good 100+ real tables in my life, including almost all of the most highly thought of ones, and FT ranks right there with them. Comboing the Boat Ramp is one of the most buttery and satisfying things in all of pinball.

Then again, if you don't like Addams...

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Never played FT, have you. Yeah. Play it first. Nothing "awful" about it (except maybe the music, but the whole theme is tongue-in-cheek, which changes the dynamic). Before the first time I played it, I thought, "looks pretty cool, maybe it'll be a top 40 table", then I played it, and it blew me away. In my top 10 for sure, and I've actually played a good 100+ real tables in my life, including almost all of the most highly thought of ones, and FT ranks right there with them. Comboing the Boat Ramp is one of the most buttery and satisfying things in all of pinball.

Then again, if you don't like Addams...

Granted, yes, never played the real one, and that is a luxury considering its hard to find places that have any pinball table let alone nearby.

As I pointed out, I do have VP on the computer (I do not have tables that TPA have, or will have which makes EBD gone from that library), and had tried out FT (also watched a few videos of it, mainly PAPA). I just don't find the appeal of it.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Well, so far, we've got Terminator 2: Judgement Day, and all indications point to Tee'd Off showing up in Table Pack #18. That's two of the above predictions (though neither of them difficult ones). The other table that seems to be coming for Table Pack #18 is Haunted House. That one I didn't see coming. So 2 for 3, so far. Since Haunted House will replace one of the nine tables I predicted, I'm going to pull back on one of the Steve Ritchie tables I mentioned. I said we'd see two out of the three tables High Speed, High Speed II: The Getaway, and F-14 Tomcat. I'm still hoping we see two or even all three of those, but knowing what we know now, I'll revise my prediction to say that we'll only see one of those three.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I was doing some reading into High Speed and found that they're currently doing a series of reproduction playfields. Considering that the original High Speed had playfields that wore down pretty easily... I'm guessing that FS are waiting until they can grab a reproduction playfield, otherwise we're going to see very grainy low res playfields to cover up the thousands of minor blemishes in the artwork from long term use.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I was doing some reading into High Speed and found that they're currently doing a series of reproduction playfields. Considering that the original High Speed had playfields that wore down pretty easily... I'm guessing that FS are waiting until they can grab a reproduction playfield, otherwise we're going to see very grainy low res playfields to cover up the thousands of minor blemishes in the artwork from long term use.

Don't know how long they'll have to wait (or if they'll wait for one of those). I'm hoping they don't wait on High Speed too long. That is the one single table I most want for The Pinball Arcade, more than Addams Family, more than Simpsons, more than Indy, more than LotR, or any other high-demand Kickstarter. I've just always had a great fondness for that table. Of the three Ritchies that I mentioned for this year, that's the one I'm hoping for. But, if they do wait until 2014 or later for High Speed due to a higher-quality real-life playfield or whatever, I still think one of the other two (HSII or F14) will show before the year is out.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Well, so far, we've got Terminator 2: Judgement Day, and all indications point to Tee'd Off showing up in Table Pack #18. That's two of the above predictions (though neither of them difficult ones). The other table that seems to be coming for Table Pack #18 is Haunted House. That one I didn't see coming. So 2 for 3, so far. Since Haunted House will replace one of the nine tables I predicted, I'm going to pull back on one of the Steve Ritchie tables I mentioned. I said we'd see two out of the three tables High Speed, High Speed II: The Getaway, and F-14 Tomcat. I'm still hoping we see two or even all three of those, but knowing what we know now, I'll revise my prediction to say that we'll only see one of those three.

Wait... I can't find my calculator. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.