What's your favorite type of pinball table?

What's your favorite type of pinball table?

• Electro Mechanical (Central Park, Big Shot...)

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Solid State (Gorgar, Centaur, Firepower..)

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Alpha Numeric SS (High Speed, Pin*Bot, Funhouse...)

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Pre-2000 DMD (Fish Tales, Twilight Zone, MM...)

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • Post-2000 DMD (Ripley's, LOTR, Metallica...)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Piccalilli

Oct 13, 2012
I like games from each category, but I much prefer the SS and EM categories. To me the games feel more open and free flowing; by this I mean that there isn't as much directed game play in modes and the like that you have to do specific shots in a specific order as often to get the same level of enjoyment.
This accurately describes how I feel too.

whoozwah

Oct 30, 2014
Pre-2000 DMD. It seems that mid to late 90s era produced most of the tables that I have the most fun playing.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I like and appreciate all eras of pinball. It's all about putting myself into the right mindset for the game.

For EMs and early SS games, it's about finding the right ways to rack up the points and figuring out how the bonus works. A lot of these games revolve around bonuses just as much as playfield scoring.

For Alphas, it's all about the multiball. Figure out the multiball procedure, get that jackpot, and build your score along the way.

For DMDs, it's about the modes. Go for the best modes and try to get to that wizard mode if you can.

Really, I have favorites in every category. If I absolutely had to choose, I think I'd go with alphas because they have the best balance between older and newer generation games and sort of bridge the gap between them.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I like and appreciate all eras of pinball. It's all about putting myself into the right mindset for the game.

For EMs and early SS games, it's about finding the right ways to rack up the points and figuring out how the bonus works. A lot of these games revolve around bonuses just as much as playfield scoring.

For Alphas, it's all about the multiball. Figure out the multiball procedure, get that jackpot, and build your score along the way.

For DMDs, it's about the modes. Go for the best modes and try to get to that wizard mode if you can.

Really, I have favorites in every category. If I absolutely had to choose, I think I'd go with alphas because they have the best balance between older and newer generation games and sort of bridge the gap between them.

+1

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
For me there's no real favorite. I started on 70's EM's and played regularly through to the System 11's (Alphas). Rarely had chances to play DMD's but did play Addams Family, Family Guy and STTNG. I picked SS games as my 'favorite', but would like to see more of these 3 genres in TPA.

PunkTiger

Apr 12, 2014
Even though I cut my teeth on EM machines (and would love to see more of them on TPA), I put in my vote for Solid State. I find many of my faves are boards of the late 70s/early 80s.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I like anything from System 11 and up until now, like Pinbot and Mousin' Around to The Addam's Family and Wizard Of Oz. I think I've said this a bunch of times, but if it hadn't been for Addam's Family I probably wouldn't be playing Pinball. I was in my 20's and that Machine called me over and then I was hooked into Pinball Machine, and probably will be till I die.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.