What's your favourite table you know will never come to TPA?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Police force has a take high score feature, which is seriously abused by people trying to score. they will start a 4 player game, and play with ALL of them to the best of their ability. on the last ball of each player, they will add the highest current score to the current players by shooting right ramp twice (RIGHT RAMP TWICE TAKES HIGH SCORE). People can and do do this in real life. If you can loop the center ramp over and over (not unheard of on location) you can really score big, as it's MUCH easier to loop forever then phantom of the opera was.

for this table only, the 4 player game option MUST be removed for this reason.

If they make it, it'll be just as it is IRL. Hopefully it won't be tuned too easy, though.

Also, I'd love to see this one in TPA!

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
So, let's discuss No Fear again.

That particular sportswear brand is bankrupt right now, so maybe they could use the money, but it has the name of a bunch of sports-related people AND Nascar in the table which makes it a lot harder to get. Not sure if we'll ever see it in the game.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
AND Nascar in the table which makes it a lot harder to get. Not sure if we'll ever see it in the game.

The Nascar table may be possible if they release the European Grand Prix version, which should skirt the licensing issue.

Hopefully they consider that table at some point. I never cared for the theme but the table itself is quite a lot of fun. The gimmick of the balls looping around the outer edges of the table is pretty awesome too - it basically works like a larger version of the HS2 super charger.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I know the NASCAR version has licensed music that would be an issue. Does anyone know if the Grand Prix version has the same music?

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I was talking to Bobby, and he said that No Fear is written down on their list for one of these seasons. So to me this sound really good, I really hope for No Fear, it's a really fun Steve Ritchie Game.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Police force has a take high score feature, which is seriously abused by people trying to score. they will start a 4 player game, and play with ALL of them to the best of their ability. on the last ball of each player, they will add the highest current score to the current players by shooting right ramp twice (RIGHT RAMP TWICE TAKES HIGH SCORE). People can and do do this in real life. If you can loop the center ramp over and over (not unheard of on location) you can really score big, as it's MUCH easier to loop forever then phantom of the opera was.

for this table only, the 4 player game option MUST be removed for this reason.

I think this method actually might make PF more interesting... :)

I enjoyed PF when it was new... it's kind of an easier version of Cyclone. Then I hated it. I don't remember why.

From the late 1980's Williams, I'd rather see Grand Lizard, Millionaire, Space Station, F-14 Tomcat, Banzai Run, Swords of Fury, and Bad Cats before PF.

2d6uvlw.jpg

tenparts

Aug 1, 2015
The obvious picks for this thread are anything from Atari, Data East, Sega, Capcom, and above all else Zaccaria (and Mr. Game and tecnoplay).

Specifically, I also don't see us getting DE Star Trek anytime soon, since TNG "beats" it historically.

I'd really like to see Solar Fire or Grand Lizard, tables which might seem "redundant" . I think Grand Lizard is a better package than Black Knight.

A somewhat more likely pick is Corvette. I'm sure it'd be expensive, though.

edit: Someone is a really scummy person who knows nothing of how video games as a medium have developed.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Pretty interesting to read through the whole thread. Some tables ended up making it into TPA that folks didn't think would be possible. Hope that trend continues.

invitro

May 4, 2012

I read that story, and Minter clearly ripped off Atari and Dave Theurer. And his whining in that story is particularly sleazy. I don't see what his case is... does he think he should be able to sell a copy of Tempest as his own work? (After reading his wikipedia article, I see he's made a full career out of ripping off classic arcade games. Yuck.)

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I think we end up seeing a good percentage of the System 11 tables but it seems like a lot of the Sega and Data East pins are doomed. Licensing just makes it seem unlikely. Another fun one:

batman_forever_pf.jpg

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
In keeping with original criteria of the thread being unlicensed, I'm gonna say any Capcom tables.

I wanted to play Elektra more than I could because i felt like I only saw the surface. I highly doubt that will make it. Orbit is a really cool, one-of-a-kind table concept that I'd love to have in TPA just for posterity, but it's highly novel and not a game that could sell for $5. The Joust table is really cool and would also be neat to have for posterity, but it's an impractical choice for TPA. Revenge From Mars, also impractical, but also a milestone table. In the same respect, Humpty Dumpty. Checkpoint.

Basically, my ideal TPA is more of a museum than a "best of." I'm all about preservation and historical context.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
To begin the misery, I'd love to see Mousin' Around, but deep down I know it's not coming.

Granted 18 months after this post I think it has a pretty good chance of coming. If TPA goes beyond season six then I would say it's definitely happening.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I know this is fantasy for right now but it would be awesome if we got all of the System 11 tables.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts