What's your favourite table you know will never come to TPA?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I think it comes down to the FIFA license. I don't believe any player names are mentioned in the game (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and it's not like you'd have to pay for the mention of a country. The dog mascot would have to be addressed too, but that might even be covered under FIFA.

All in all I think this table is certainly more likely than say NBA Fastbreak, but the fact FarSight skipped over releasing at same time as World Cup doesn't bode well. Maybe someone should bring that up with them, ask if they even considered doing a coinciding release. Certainly more likely to get an answer to that than if they are going to or what the licensing hold up is.

And by the way, it is a really fun table. A bit clogged in the middle like an hourglass, but that's my only gripe. Shooting goals is very satisfying.
If need be, they could always change the name to something like "Football Championship" and some of the art (change W-O-R-L-D-C-U-P TO F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L or any other word(s) that have 8 letters) and you'd have it, except for Striker, the USA dog. He is a problem because he's featured extensively on the DMD, and eliminating him would mean redoing a lot of the animations.
Chances are, though, if we were to have seen this it would have been released around the world cup.

Icepagoda

Jun 6, 2014
Gottlieb: Spirit
Premier: Vegas
Capcom: Breakshot / Big Bang Bar
Sega: Batman Forever
Data East: Jurassic Park / Phantom of the Opera / Tommy
Bally / Williams: Xenon / Kings of Steel / The Shadow / Demolition Man / Paragon or Lost World / Joust
Stern: Tron / Lord of the Rings

Nesbro

Jul 18, 2014
Baby Pac-Man, Granny and the Gators, Caveman, and any other video/pin games. I know for sure the licensing on Baby Pac would be hard given it was unlicensed to begin with. Then there's the issue of emulating the games and everything. Oh yeah, on the topic of Pac-Man, also Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Man.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Eventually we will run out of unlicensed DMD games, so I see System 11 games coming like Fire!, Mousin Around, Bad Cats, Cyclone, Police Force, Bally's Gameshow, and Many, Many, and Many more. I would love those over early 80's (except for Xenon) and EM machines. I could seriously see them coming eventually.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Eventually we will run out of unlicensed DMD games, so I see System 11 games coming like Fire!, Mousin Around, Bad Cats, Cyclone, Police Force, Bally's Gameshow, and Many, Many, and Many more. I would love those over early 80's (except for Xenon) and EM machines. I could seriously see them coming eventually.

+1

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

That would be just fine with me. :)

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012

Would love it if that happened. Always said from the beginning my dream was to have the complete system 11 lineup in TPA

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Still pining for Rollergames, basically 100% guaranteed to never make it. I can't imagine getting licenses for Splice, Thermos and GamePro would be easy! Unless they're all-encompassed into the license WMS initially drew up for the game... hmmm.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
The Wizard of Oz. The GUI right now seems streamlined for a dot matrix display or other display of similar dimensions, and the monitor for Wizard of Oz needs the dimensions it's in to display everything intended. It's also a very new table, and its price means I'll never see it on location nor can I afford one.

After that is NBA Fastbreak, since the current NBA would not be interested in licensing a product from like 15 years ago. For the same reason, I don't think we'll ever see Stern's NBA, another machine I'd like to try but won't anytime soon because of its scarcity.
-----------
likewise; I doubt that that will come ever or a long time at best.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Cosmic Princess, or any other early-period Stern for that matter. I don't think we'll see any these if the actual selections have any correlation with the voting.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Cosmic Princess, or any other early-period Stern for that matter. I don't think we'll see any these if the actual selections have any correlation with the voting.

Seawitch placed 9th in the Stern/Data East/Sega poll last year, so I think it has a healthy chance of seeing the light of day, but aside from Seawitch (and F2K), Catacomb is the only other classic Stern with even a puncher's chance of making the cut. Sadly, this probably means that Lightning will never make its TPA debut...

Crazy_Kong

Jul 10, 2013
I would love to see Bally's Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man but i think the payment for the rights are playing in a higher league. :(

Members online

Members online