When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks SV

Looks pretty good. Sound effects and callouts seemed fine, but music seemed a little low (drowned out). Did it feel that way when playing? Those magna slings are going to be fun.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Aaand the display/game code is still slow.

I know Tee'd Off had this problem before, since it was the first Gottlieb DMD game on TPA that was emulated.

There should be a solution for this as well.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Obviously, this is just an opinion, and I respect that. I am curious to know though what you would point to regarding TPA quality plummeting? Seems to me their builds are better than ever, much less buggy upon release than the first few seasons. The table graphics are consistently good, and they even finally managed to overhaul Black Knight (way late, I'll grant you that). So please, care to back up your statement?

Oh yes, you're right and I'm wrong. They've fixed the bug in the Getaway that was causing the ball to stay in the table during superchargers-now it flies out of the table like it should.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Oh yes, you're right and I'm wrong. They've fixed the bug in the Getaway that was causing the ball to stay in the table during superchargers-now it flies out of the table like it should.

Don't be so *****y it's a fair question, don't crap yer knickers kid

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is the left scoop tuned to always fire SDTM? I know that it's not unknown - I've played a real table tuned that way - but it is really annoying and just about unsavable.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Thanks, Sun Vulcan!

Lighting looks nice. Models look good.

TPA ball physics are always lackluster and pong-like, but I've accepted they're probably not going to change. The current physics engine plays ok when set to a steep slope -- F14 is a good example. Why a more level, slower playing slope on GB? It's always setup on location to be lightning fast! TPA's GB seems slower than Star Trek and F14. Strange choice. Maybe it's just the Twitch video (?)

Last edited:

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Is the left scoop tuned to always fire SDTM? I know that it's not unknown - I've played a real table tuned that way - but it is really annoying and just about unsavable.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

i hope not. the one i played was always sdtm from the scoop, and it had an extra sensitive tilt.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
i hope not. the one i played was always sdtm from the scoop, and it had an extra sensitive tilt.

I only ask because it happens in the video. How on earth do you play a game like that? The scoop is also the EB shot, so basically you collect an EB, and have an insta-drain. Very sucky and poor tuning on Stern's part.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I only ask because it happens in the video. How on earth do you play a game like that? The scoop is also the EB shot, so basically you collect an EB, and have an insta-drain. Very sucky and poor tuning on Stern's part.

I've played on 4-5 different GB machines and have never had an insta-drain out of the scoop. The operator can adjust where the ball goes when its ejected. If that happens IRL then the operator is just being a dick.

karl

May 10, 2012
What I did when I owned a Ghost Busters Premium was to adjust the power on the kickout from the scoop. (you can do that in the menu on newer titles)

Had the same problem before that. (on the real machine)

Let's just hope that Farsight did not go all "plays like the real thing" on us, and recreated all the air balls on that machine. :) I have never seen so many airballs in all my life.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've played on 4-5 different GB machines and have never had an insta-drain out of the scoop. The operator can adjust where the ball goes when its ejected. If that happens IRL then the operator is just being a dick.

Yeah, that needs to be done. It's either poor design or poor setup. Either way that must be removed like on a properly adjusted (setup) pin. The pin is plenty hard enough without that kind of silliness.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
No download was required since i play on disk for the Xbone. I also didn't have to pay and it's unlocked (not the limited edition).

Fun table i've never played IRL....because no human being can stack books like that.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Hmmm, TFH wonders when he will be able to play the table on the PS4 and if they solve the insta-drain from the scoop before it's released: Never ever had that happening to me on the real GB table. Airbals though... man...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.