when will we see cabinet options?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Here, here. Thumbs up.

We all react differently, mpad. In my case, I am really looking forward to cabinet options, I see that there is activity in a thread about it, go have a look in anticipation but
time after time it is anger management control here. I fully understand and are in agreement that some complaining is in order when things drag on, though.

I only reacted because Farsight has told us the truth.... No cab options before the consoles are up to date(it sucks) but nothing much to do about it, it just got a bit to much complaining I felt.

I have nothing at all against anyone here and for the record, I have never complained about anyone to the moderators in all my time here. It's better to say what you feel in the tread and move forward :)
but I was out of order suggesting and temp break. Mods do a good job most of the time deciding things like that.

If you want cabinet support, more power to you.

Me personally, I'm content to stick with the PC just for continual updates and new tables arriving in a timely manner. It's far from perfect and there are still some bugs, to be sure. But at least we don't have to wait months (or in the 360's case, years) for updates. Nevertheless, I can understand why PC users are miffed at the undelivered promises of cab support and DX11 use. FarSight has seriously lofty goals for TPA, and reality seems to be intruding on those goals, and making some players upset in the process.

I'm just saying, from experience (and I have voted with my dollars) that things can be worse.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Thanks for filling in guys. Good to see I am not the only one waiting for cab.

I must say I LOVE the new table on my cab! It really has a lot to offer, and Gottlieb, wow. Didn't see that one coming, great table.

But TZ, still has issues. 3 balls in the launcher, and table view changes so it is unplayable too. That should have been fixed by now. TZ is a Kickstarter table. It should shine.

imagamejunky

Sep 2, 2013
ANOTHER UPDATE.....
And NO Cab support of any kind.
I would be ecstatic if I could just MOVE THE FLIPPING PLAYFIELD LEFT OR RIGHT SO THAT IT'S FLIPPING CENTERED FOR CHRIST SAKE
HOW HARD IS THIS TO PROGRAM??????

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I too would've really liked to have seen some PC news in the newsletter.....ah well, back to hearthstone...

Loadedweapon

Oct 26, 2013
yea maybe this new programmer Scott can give us some in game screen rotation and movement of the dmd to another screen... more and more tables with no new features.. They might make some money if they just put in a little time to cater to the people that spend money on this hobby... Still waiting to buy tables for my cab.. :(

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
They might make some money if they just put in a little time to cater to the people that spend money on this hobby... Still waiting to buy tables for my cab.. :(

Yup; it's usually good to pay attention to your most passionate fans. They are the ones who will help the game grow through word of mouth.

I, for one, would even be willing to pay extra for good cabinet support. There are always those who will complain about price/value, but I'd have to think that most people who spent thousands on a cab would be willing to pay a few bucks extra to help cover costs and/or make it a higher priority. Something like TPA is so much cheaper than real pinball (either playing on location or owning your own) that I don't really see how you can complain.

Edit: P.S. Bacon is amazing!

Last edited:
N

netizen

Just throw us a bone or something.

howie-pinball-board.jpg

mpad

Jan 26, 2014

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hm, if this is true I really have to decide how to think about it. Really depends of what FS has in mind for us private Cab owners...

http://www.pinball-m...com/?page_id=34
"Farsight Studios: Developing a coin operated version of the popular <b><i>Pinball Arcade</i></b> app, which is to be housed in a Virtuapin cabinet."<br /> *‎

Original post by dyopp21 over at VP forums:
http://vpforums.org/index.php?/topic/28500-Farsight-to-make-Coin-Op-version-of-TPA?

It would most likely be running on a PC so good news if the PC version gets the same treatment as promised so many times in the past. Also it might speed up the delivery of cab features. Then again it might be exclusive to the arcade. Can anyone at FS confirm?

K3V

Nov 1, 2013
Got tired of waiting (and seeing my DMD and backglass monitor go unused) so I went back to explore my options for other pinball software. I had been previously running Future Pinball under Hyperpin and decided to try the PinballX frontend with Visual Pinball/PinMAME this time around. Very happy with the results, I like the physics a lot better on Visual Pinball and PinballX is much easier to manage than Hyperpin ever was.

Really wanted to stick with Pinball Arcade but it was time to move on. Won't be buying any future tables or seasons until cabinet mode is in there.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, I am done after this season too. I am done buying tables unless they start supporting cab. I have enough tables to last me if they don't want to start providing proper support. Looks like Diner will be the last table for a while. Glad to see others feel the same way. Wish more people would be more vocal about it. When they take cab off the bottom of their "to do list" I will start supporting them again. Hope everyone joins in and states their displeasure with their lack of support. Kickstarter? Dream on if you think I am supporting it when they don't provide proper support for cabinet.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
There simply aren't that many people to complain about it really, compared to the overall demographic for TPA, cab owners are only a drop in the bucket. And you only give them the same 5$ per table as the rest of us, barring KS time, which, well you aren't supporting.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
There simply aren't that many people to complain about it really, compared to the overall demographic for TPA, cab owners are only a drop in the bucket. And you only give them the same 5$ per table as the rest of us, barring KS time, which, well you aren't supporting.

Exactly.

striggell

Nov 19, 2013
Reason a lot of people are upset here is fair sight have stated numerous times a cab version is coming. I bought 2 full seasons on 2 different accounts based purely on this statement. I'm sure more than a few other cab owners also own multiple copies of this game. We spend big dollars on our cabs and would happily support kickstarters and generally throw a lot more money towards this program than your average user who may purchase a couple of tables. Only problem is I think the general consensus is that we're being taken for a ride and if the article above is any indication, the only cab version we may ever see is one we have to play at an arcade. Seriously visual pinball is starting to get so far ahead of pinball arcade it's really starting to become a joke that this is paid software

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Reason a lot of people are upset here is fair sight have stated numerous times a cab version is coming. I bought 2 full seasons on 2 different accounts based purely on this statement. I'm sure more than a few other cab owners also own multiple copies of this game. We spend big dollars on our cabs and would happily support kickstarters and generally throw a lot more money towards this program than your average user who may purchase a couple of tables. Only problem is I think the general consensus is that we're being taken for a ride and if the article above is any indication, the only cab version we may ever see is one we have to play at an arcade. Seriously visual pinball is starting to get so far ahead of pinball arcade it's really starting to become a joke that this is paid software

Exactly. I stopped buying tables a long time ago. I would happily buy every other table available and even pay extra for a cabinet support DLC package. I pretty much just check this thread every month to see if there is any update. Eventually I will just give up.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts