Where is Sorcerer?

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
So I just noticed FS has released just about every table from both the Williams and Gottlieb collections they did for consoles and handhelds into seasons 1 and 2, no Sorcerer though.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
somewhere on the board i read they swapped the license to make Fish Tales, till they could hammer out a new Williams deal. Considering digital pinball fans are so familiar with Sorcerer and it is highly requested, on top of being an awesome table, hopefully means we'll see it one day.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
somewhere on the board i read they swapped the license to make Fish Tales, till they could hammer out a new Williams deal. Considering digital pinball fans are so familiar with Sorcerer and it is highly requested, on top of being an awesome table, hopefully means we'll see it one day.

Not exactly. What happened was, they ran out of Williams licenses, so they chose to do Fish Tales instead of Sorcerer. They can only do a set number of Williams tables at a time before they have to renew their license, but it doesn't matter what those tables are.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I would also like to see this table in TPA. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Jive Time. I had some good fun with that table and it was a really challenging table. I also would like Bally's Nip-it. I think it looks like it plays good and saw the live PAPA video on it. It's kinda neat with the gator, zipper flippers, a gate on the right side, and a multiball! Also, it was featured in Happy Days! Please Farsight, bring these tables to TPA!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012

I thought Farsight renewed the Williams license, Since they've done HS and BK2K, and Earthshaker is apparently next up. So the way should be clear to do Sorcerer.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I thought Farsight renewed the Williams license, Since they've done HS and BK2K, and Earthshaker is apparently next up. So the way should be clear to do Sorcerer.

Yes, and it's not just those. Most of the games they released last season fall under the WMS license agreement.

Black Rose, Diner, Junk Yard, WHO Dunnit, and BSD all fall under it.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I really hope they don't do Sorcerer any time soon. And here's why: I recall a Facebook rep say that if they did Sorcerer, they wouldn't be able to use assets and would have to start from scratch. I take this to mean that they would be charging 5 dollars for this re-release and then use it as evidence that ems don't sell well.

If they were to change their mind and package it with another table, then I would say, "go for it."

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I really hope they don't do Sorcerer any time soon. And here's why: I recall a Facebook rep say that if they did Sorcerer, they wouldn't be able to use assets and would have to start from scratch. I take this to mean that they would be charging 5 dollars for this re-release and then use it as evidence that ems don't sell well.

If they were to change their mind and package it with another table, then I would say, "go for it."

Sorcerer is a Solid State with two ball multiball, not an EM. i never owned the older digital pinball collection it was in so i would have less of a problem paying the premium price. It'd be like buying a table like Diner to me.

Regardless, I've played a real Sorcerer many times and it is a super fun table with a great flow so I'd like to see it in TPA one day.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Sorcerer is a Solid State with two ball multiball, not an EM. i never owned the older digital pinball collection it was in so i would have less of a problem paying the premium price. It'd be like buying a table like Diner to me.

Regardless, I've played a real Sorcerer many times and it is a super fun table with a great flow so I'd like to see it in TPA one day.

+1

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

I think Sorcerer should have been one of the first TPA tables. I'd still love to see it, but I'm hoping we get Road Show, Getaway, Banzai Run, and Cyclone first. It's one of the earlier real pinball tables I got into, last seen at a local pool hall in summer 2000, since closed.

Sorcerer is the one real table I would actually buy if I had the money. Oh well, there's always PHOF.

Dirty Frank

Feb 20, 2013
Sorcerer ?
No thanks.

Sorcerer is a classic. I've been waiting for it since season 1. Once in a while I break out the old wii and have a go at it in the Williams collection. C'mon FS make it so! Dedpop, the answer is relative.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012

Sorcerer isn't even an early solid state in my book. It was released very late in the numeric period and uses System 9 hardware, which is very similar to System 11.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Sorcerer is a classic. I've been waiting for it since season 1. Once in a while I break out the old wii and have a go at it in the Williams collection. C'mon FS make it so! Dedpop, the answer is relative.

I just never could get into it.
And I remember it as a real drain monster.
But it's only my opinion. And it's relative.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

I do the same on the PS3...I love "Sorcerer".

I'm hoping they package it with the EM this season, which will hopefully be "Fireball".

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
I do the same on the PS3...I love "Sorcerer".

I'm hoping they package it with the EM this season, which will hopefully be "Fireball".

I'm always playing on PSP. I miss this table a lot on TPA.

UxB8LL8l.jpg

Wb6Nm04l.jpg

fbJo6X0l.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.