Where is Sorcerer?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I'm confused... Can someone explain what the issue with Sorcerer is again? It's already in PHF Williams Collection, right? Is it because updating the table to current standards would be almost as cstly as a whole new table? I can't really see that. It's a pretty cool table and theme, I just ran into one in Nashville (OMG, guys, Game Galaxy, GO) and didn't fare that well... but it seemed like a table I would like to get good at.

I know Farsight likes to focus on the System 11 and DMD games lately because they believe they are more mainstream, but didn't recent data show that Big Shot is one of the top-played tables month-over-month?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm confused... Can someone explain what the issue with Sorcerer is again? It's already in PHF Williams Collection, right? Is it because updating the table to current standards would be almost as cstly as a whole new table? I can't really see that. It's a pretty cool table and theme, I just ran into one in Nashville (OMG, guys, Game Galaxy, GO) and didn't fare that well... but it seemed like a table I would like to get good at.

I know Farsight likes to focus on the System 11 and DMD games lately because they believe they are more mainstream, but didn't recent data show that Big Shot is one of the top-played tables month-over-month?

The main issue is, Farsight sold their physical Sorcerer table sometime between Williams PHOF and TPA, so they'd need to get a new one to get it up to TPA's standards. And I guess when TPA started, it wasn't on their list of priority tables, and hasn't got back there since. My guess is we'll eventually see it in Season 6.

And Sorcerer is a System 9 game, btw, the last second-to-last non-System 11 game per IPDB. Same MPU as Comet, which I expect we'll see sooner rather than later as well.

Last edited:

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I would love to see Sorcerer! The art work is amazing and I love playing it. Hopefully, they can find one that is reasonably priced that doesn't have a torn up PF. I haven't had any luck. If they were to do a second Halloween table, this would be great. If you could consider it a Halloween table....I would!

xray23

Mar 18, 2015
Sor-cer-er! Sor-cer-er! Sor-cer-er! Sor-cer-er!
Sorcerer_1-3.jpg

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
The main issue is, Farsight sold their physical Sorcerer table sometime between Williams PHOF and TPA, so they'd need to get a new one to get it up to TPA's standards. And I guess when TPA started, it wasn't on their list of priority tables, and hasn't got back there since. My guess is we'll eventually see it in Season 6.

I don't think that is the issue at all because Farsighted sold all of their tables after they released the Williams Collection on PS3 and Xbox 360. And they rebought all of the other ones (except Jive Time.). And finding a Sorcerer for sale probably isn't much of a problem because they found some pretty rare tables.

IMHO, the reason why they didn't do Sorcerer yet is because they traded the rights to do it so that they could release Fish Tales instead. At the time, Farsight was negotiating to expand their deal with WMS licenses and rather than release yet another Gottlieb or an early Williams SS table (Sorcerer), they opted to exchange the rights for Fish Tales. And the reasons why we didn't see it since is because Fatsight probably feels weird using asking Williams for the rights to do Sorcerer after exchanging it so soon and they probably thought they had bigger fish to fry (like popular Williams DMD tables.)

Members online

Members online