Which table plays the best?

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Which TPA table(s) do you think plays the best? Not necessarily your favorite table, but the one you think has the best physics, ball control, realism, etc. I was going to do a poll but there's too many, If the thread gets huge I could compile the results, but ths is a discussion not a poll, so you can name and discuss as many as you want.

I'm going to start with Dr Dude. This one, although not popular for some reason, plays very well. Aside form a few little quirks, it plays very close to the real thing.

Next, Gorgar. The entire package is great on Gorgar, but the physics really feel good to me. I keep coming back to this one when I need a challenge.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
I think WHO dunnit and Scared Stiff are the tables I consider the best in terms of gameplay and physics.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
With very few exceptions, I think T2 feels a lot like the real table. High Speed is very close to it's real life counterpart (I can't wait to analyze the crap out of the Getaway).
Tales of the Arabian Nights is very well tuned. Big Shot feels like an EM and Central Park has a really good feeling to it, despite that I've played neither in real life.

A post tuned MM turned out really good.
Except for how easy the ramp shot is, Bride of Pinbot Plays amazing.

Star Trek TNG is wonderful.

Have to second Dr Dude.
Instead of High Speed, I should just give kudos to Season 3 in it's entirety.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I think WHO dunnit and Scared Stiff are the tables I consider the best in terms of gameplay and physics.
At first I didn't care for Who Dunnit, thought it was too bouncy, and it definitely is....but I'm having fun playing it, so I guess that's all that matters. The phone shot can be tricky, which is good.

Scared Stiff does play well, a little too easy though. It's up there with Funhouse as one of the easiest tables on TPA.

With very few exceptions, I think T2 feels a lot like the real table. High Speed is very close to it's real life counterpart (I can't wait to analyze the crap out of the Getaway).
Tales of the Arabian Nights is very well tuned. Big Shot feels like an EM and Central Park has a really good feeling to it, despite that I've played neither in real life.

A post tuned MM turned out really good.
Except for how easy the ramp shot is, Bride of Pinbot Plays amazing.

Star Trek TNG is wonderful.

Have to second Dr Dude.
Instead of High Speed, I should just give kudos to Season 3 in it's entirety.
Yes, love Star Trek, it plays very well. I have neglected this table.

See I'm feeling like season 3 has sort of gone away from what I had hoped for. I want more tight, snappy, ball and flipper physics. Flight 2000, although maybe a bit too powerful slings, is a good example of what I would like more of.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
You want ultra sensitive tilts too?

I'll admit that the tilt sensor is too generous but F2K's is a little overdone.

Anyways I think STTNG and FT are the best playing tables.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
You want ultra sensitive tilts too?

I'll admit that the tilt sensor is too generous but F2K's is a little overdone.

Anyways I think STTNG and FT are the best playing tables.
No I don't want ultra sensitive tilt, but I would like the nudging to be more realistic. Discussion about this here.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Tables that i think were very well done.

WHirlwind. still easier then real life, but not the cakewalk that is Funhouse or Twilight Zone.
Dr Dude. Yeah its' about right.
Cue Ball Wizard. This is really close in difficulty.
Big SHot. totally nailed it. It feels like an EM, with all the unfairness they normally have.
Star Trek: TNG. this is close to as drainy as real life.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts