Request Who wants Bram Stokers Dracula to be this years Halloween table?

Do you want BSD to be this years Halloween table?

• YES. 'Do you believe in destiny......'

Votes: 75 88.2%
  • NO. 'You are but mortal, after all!....'

Votes: 10 11.8%

• Total voters

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I like Victory a lot. Nice variety in shots and interesting scoring rules. It's a nice change to the modes and lock-> mb -> jackpot routine of many other tables. Too bad it looks low res and the audio is crappy (as in most Gottliebs). Still feels like a good TPA addition imo.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
El Dorado does get annoying after a while though, as it has like three sound effects as its entire sound library. There are EMs with greater sound variety. Was that an early solid-state? Was that all the sound its memory could hold?

I think it was Gottlieb being el-cheapo. El Dorado: City of Gold was a mid 1980s rehash of a mid 1970s EM (called El Dorado, natch). They did a few other EM rehashes in the mid 1980s which to me sounds like they were hit by the arcade crash hard.

Put it this way: El Dorado City of Gold was released the same year as Space Shuttle (Space Shuttle is the only pinball game in 1984 that moved >5000 units).

I'm betting the EM version of El Dorado would've been less annoying in the sound department. :)

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Is it historically significant in some way? It has its own TV Tropes page whereas stuff like Haunted House and Cactus Canyon don't.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
There's been so many different themed versions of El Dorado so its a popular layout. I'd wish they done the Target Alpha version of it which looks nicer and doesn't have the annoying "drums" playing.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
The Canada Dry version is out of the question too, I presume.

All right, so it IS a historically significant table. I think its inclusion is justified then, though if what you guys say is true, there were better versions to choose. Maybe this was the easiest one to obtain.

N

netizen

All right, so it IS a historically significant table. I think its inclusion is justified then, though if what you guys say is true, there were better versions to choose. Maybe this was the easiest one to obtain.

or with it being a Solid State it was cheaper to emulate rather than script :/ Unless Farsight were more open about their intentions to release more of the same system 80(A) games it's all going to be a matter of speculation.

One would think that with the inclusion of an emulated HH and ED, both system 80(A), that BH would have been redone relatively quickly ... however there is an idiom regarding assumptions that is alluding me right now :rolleyes:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

It was originally done for their Pinball Hall of Fame collection on the older consoles. Thus the work was already done and they could release it as a second table with minimal effort. I would have preferred the EM version myself.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
LOL, maybe that's the Stern table were getting this season and BSD is never coming to TPA..........imagine the horror!!

That is a really great run down of the table Dokken.......

(Thought I'd repost it in a video player for more people to enjoy)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2013
I hope we get B.s. Dracula this season ..and i hope when they make it they make the table they give it somewhat a darker setting for the old consoles so you can see the lights better,There is 3 more tables that know one knows yet that are still coming and one of them is a Stern table so only 2 really so keep your fingers crossed

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
If they can get Freddy then no, that should be Halloween and Dracula should be released ASAP.

If they can't then... I'm not sure . I'd still rather have it sooner.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.