Williams' Collection Volume 3 guesses

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I suspected "CP" was not Central Park, it is also the initials for Champion Pub.

Even if Zen were to land the Gottlieb license someday, I would expect Central Park to be way down on the priority list...

Maybe I was talking about Cow Poke or Cosmic Princess.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I’ve just noticed that there’s a logic behind the releases so far!

If you go back and watch the original Williams announcement video, you’ll see that the instruction manuals stack in the following order. In reverse (top to bottom):

1. Medieval Madness (Vol 1)
2. Fish Tales (Vol 1)
3. Attack from Mars (Vol 2)
4. Black Rose (Vol 2)
5. Theatre of Magic (Vol 3?)
6. Cirqus Voltaire (Vol 3?)
7. Tales of the Arabian Nights (Vol 4?)
8. White Water (Vol 4?)

So logic dictates Vol 3 contains ToM and CV ;)

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
For starters, I think it'll still be DMD only machines. Also judging by this last pack, I'm thinking one AAA title and 2 lesser. In other words, no MB and ToM in the same pack. Per licensing agreements, I also suspect Monster Bash will get packaged with Creature as a 2 pack at some point, unless there's a 3rd Universal license you all can think of. So my guesses are...

Whitewater
Champion Pub
Indy 500

Are you counting Indianapolis 500 as a minor license? It is a full themed table and a registered trademark of Hulman & Company.

But you're probably right that there won't be any pre-DMDs yet, I didn't think of that when I said Radical! I need to think about my guesses more.

Last edited:

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015

If you go back and watch the original Williams announcement video, you’ll see that the instruction manuals stack in the following order. In reverse (top to bottom):

2. Fish Tales (Vol 1)
4. Black Rose (Vol 2)
8. White Water (Vol 4?)

This is some solid analysis.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Theatre of Magic and Circus voltaire would be so great. Completed with a non TPA released table like Indiana Jones would make the 3rd pack perfect. Perfect? Oh, I forgot Monster Bash.
ToM and CV are in such a better shape compared to MB in TBA, so MB has first priority.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

2. Fish Tales (Vol 1)
4. Black Rose (Vol 2)
8. White Water (Vol 4?)

Estute observation! We also know that they like to package tables together under the same manufacturer label (Williams tables together/Bally tables together) and that list follows those rules. If you are right, we only have to guess the third table in each pack.

My new guesses:

Pack 3 (Bally) - Champion Pub
Pack 4 (Williams) - Road Show

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
Are you counting Indianapolis 500 as a minor license? It is a full themed table and a registered trademark of Hulman & Company.

But you're probably right that there won't be any pre-DMDs yet, I didn't think of that when I said Radical! I need to think about my guesses more.

Citizen, never ever apologize for throwing Radical! out there haha

I have no guesses as to table packs, but do you really break up Totan/TOM/CV into 3 different packs? by volume 5 we should be getting into licence stuff and I'd imagine licence 1 will be the heaviest hitter that I don't want to Jinx. but that will bump one of those tables into pack 6 which then has to contend with MB, the shadow, congo, creature etc.

That said I think they should release 3 packs as 1 heavy hitter, one middle tier table and something from the 60s/70s/ early 80's that pinheads will love but then modernize the hell out of it for the zenified version with dmd's toys etc. Everybody's happy.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
But I'll add Cactus Canyon to this with the caveat that they make it cactus canyon/ Cactus canyon continued in one table. Make it happen zen!

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I'm hoping that Zen will start including 1 table that's not already in TPA in every pack. That makes commercial sense as well, since it'll be FX3 exclusive.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don't know this for fact, but let's say Zen has a 5 year plan. It would certainly make sense to spread out the AAA titles over that time so as to keep the excitement up with each new release. I think the general worry is a carry over from TPA, which is to say people want the major titles quick out of fear they won't come at all before the eventual demise of the game. FarSight used to always say they didn't know how many seasons they'd do, just that so long as there was demand they'd continue. Zen has said no such thing, while seemingly only getting larger each year, and instead has said they are in this for the long haul.

I do like the idea of AAA, mid tier, and other. Right now I am most anticipating whatever the first non DMD machine will be and what they'll do for enhancements. My go-to thought is always Whirlwind, with actual tornadoes on the table instead of spinners, with cows and debris flying around and perhaps a fully custom DMD with animations. If they can pull new DMDs off, those System 11 and earlier tables will feel like new.

And by all means, anything other than getting Cactus Canyon Continued included with the regular game is a fail. Once you've played it, you cannot unsee just how incomplete the original version is. Goes from being a really shallow game to something quite engaging.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] there are a lot of tables people on here seem to love that I just can't get into such as whirlwind or funhouse. In funhouse because I've been playing it since the earliest farsight versions, but i'm wondering how many of these meh tables I bought and skip over because of how fs tuned them? That's what i'm looking forward to from rereleased tables. I might actually like whirlwind haha but my short wishlist is radical, the shadow and Congo so I know I'll be waiting a while like you with rollergames which thanks to you and the podcast i play every year at PAPA.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I am a Pat Lawlor fan, Whirlwind is essentially the reason. And no, TPA doesn’t do it justice. I’ve said it many times too, sitting next to Whirlwind at the arcade I worked in was Rollergames which is probably the closest Steve Ritchie ever came to making a PL style machine!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Going back to the Williams manual theory, I can see where this is going. Unless Zen already has most licensing nailed down, Packs 3 and 4 will probably contain:

Theatre of Magic
Cirqus Voltaire
????

Tales of the Arabian Nights
White Water
????

That leaves two toss ups, assuming Zen keeps going with the 3-packs. Licensing full-themed games is out, of course. Narrowing it down to DMDs only, we have, according to the IPDB:

Bally

Champion Pub (Great table but cash fights and alcohol could be a problem. Zen has one.)
WHO dunnit (assuming gambling is not a problem)
Cactus Canyon (rare game, hard to find? Continued versions if CCR happens?)

Safe Cracker (Yeah, it's an eligible candidate. And could be a nice surprise too!)
Revenge From Mars....might not be ready for emulation yet.
Scared Stiff is an Elvira license. I bet they're willing to snag it for a 2-pack, with Party Monsters.

Williams

Jack*Bot (again, assuming gambling is not a problem)
Red and Ted's RoadShow (ZZ Top is in Getaway so this shouldn't be a problem. Zen has one.)
No Good Gofers (Too easy on TPA, a very welcome upgrade!)
Hurricane (Seen in Budapest Pinball Museum.)

No Fear might be a bit of a stretch, considering all the licenses involved.

The tables that appeared are very exciting. I recently played a real Arabian Nights and it's truly fantastic. Seeing how TPA's version got too easy, I can't wait for Zen to do this.

Last edited:

tizzomr

Feb 10, 2013
Whitewater
Radical!
Red & Ted’s Roadshow

would be a nice mix, but I’m thinking The Machine: Bride Of Pinbot, will almost for surely be one, of the three they go with.

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Skateball
Radical
& Gameshow ...showcase bananza is going to have so many enhanced animations popping all over the place and Keith McTeeth will be fully 3d rendered

Cant wait till they give us something that we dont already have.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.