world cup 94

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
how likely is this to end up on TPA? i know there will be licensing issues with FIFA to deal with but its not endorsed or voiced by any footballers or anything so not sure how difficult/costly it would be to get. anyway would dearly love to see this on here, great fun. GOAL!

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
We have one locally that I play a lot, I love this pin. I don't care one bit for soccer, but the theme is great for a pinball table.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
The biggest difference would be they would need to license it from FIFA, which I believe EA has exclusive video game rights to.

This is pure speculation, but I think the fact that FIFA is not mentioned in the title (or anywhere in the game) is an advantage. If it were called "FIFA World Cup 94" they'd likely be in deep ****. But I see WCS94 as doable, as far as FIFA aren't reluctant about it (who cares about a 20 year old mascot that even soccer fans don't remember anyway? :p)

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
This is pure speculation, but I think the fact that FIFA is not mentioned in the title (or anywhere in the game) is an advantage. If it were called "FIFA World Cup 94" they'd likely be in deep ****. But I see WCS94 as doable, as far as FIFA aren't reluctant about it (who cares about a 20 year old mascot that even soccer fans don't remember anyway? :p)

The flyer for the machine even say "officially licensed product" and there are pictures of the FIFA World Cup trophy all over the machine, so it's a good bet they would need to obtain a license from FIFA.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I'm not saying they don't need a license, just that I doubt EA's title license would be a problem. They have done plenty of other licenses without need for a Kickstarter, it's just the movie and band ones that tend to be larger issues.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It's a good game but that dog is so damn dated and the machine itself has a very ugly light green thing going on with it.

It's pulling a strong second place in our community Bally poll. Which blows my mind but hey what can you do. No idea this was such a popular board.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's got a shot that's a really good gimmick and easy to understand. Get the ball past the goalie.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
It's a good game but that dog is so damn dated and the machine itself has a very ugly light green thing going on with it.

It's pulling a strong second place in our community Bally poll. Which blows my mind but hey what can you do. No idea this was such a popular board.

The theme is great, with or without the dog. It's got such a light hearted fun mood to it, and the commentator adds to it. Gameplay wise it's a varied table that requires you to shoot all over the playfield, and awards great points for doing many different things, with both the regular multiball and cities being worth going for.
The only potentially "bad" thing about it is that I can imagine a digital version being a tad on the easy side.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't care for the theme at all, but it is fun and exciting to play. Would be a great addition to TPA.
A place near me has an Addams Family and WCS. My nephew much preferred WCS over AF. The way it plays has a wide appeal. My nephew was yelling goal by the end of this second game on it. Amazing how that game sucks you in. And the penalty shot is a nice gimmick too.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I used to own a WCS, it's a great fun game, highly recommended. What's not to like about scoring a goal with a pinball?

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
It's a lay up. Great theme and seemingly accessible license. The actual tournament is next year too.

I don't want to wait till next June before the pinball version. Pretty please Farsight?

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
I would hope and maybe expect that we will see WCS '94 released in conjunction with the World Cup next year. Love playing this in VP, it's without a doubt my favorite table not in TPA yet.

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
As more man plays Pinball than woman I'd say go for a machine based on a real man sport. Monday Night Football. Now that is a great theme. :)

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts