Worst/most boring game on pInball Arcade?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I like El Dorado because sniping drop targets makes me feel like a boss. There's a simple charm in it!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Goin Nuts is the worst by far. It's the Hungry Hungry Hippos of pinball, just mindlessly mash the flippers and hope for the best.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It's a tie between El Dorado and Goin' Nuts.

However if I were to exclude those two, it gets a lot trickier. Haunted House probably.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Goin Nuts is the worst by far. It's the Hungry Hungry Hippos of pinball, just mindlessly mash the flippers and hope for the best.

+1

I actually kinda like El Dorado. Central Park is one that I do get bored with though. Especially when you get like 15 extra balls.

N

netizen

I have a feeling that if the pop bumpers in Goin' Nuts worked properly the game would be quite different. Unfortunately they are still the slack, unresponsive, half dead, pop-bumpers that we saw in the initial releases of Firepower and Dr Dude.

El Dorado: City of Gold is a shooters game, it is great for improving your accuracy and working on keeping the ball under control; provided it doesn't fry your patience. However, those background noises are pretty pathetic.

I still have no love for Harley Davidson, find Black Rose to be absolutely abysmal, and most days will feel the urge to throw whatever I am playing TPA on through the window if I make the mistake of playing The Champion Pub.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012

Yes. This. I could almost forgive it being a simple masher if there was some good background music or some satisfying sound effects. But, there is nothing redeeming about that repetitive noise it makes. I still play it on rare occasions, and the collector's instinct in me wouldn't feel right if I didn't have it. But, yeah, it's my least favorite table.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
For worst game I would say Lights, Camera, Action. Most boring would be Victory. I know it is popular to hate Goin Nuts and it is a pretty awful table but there is a certain amount of frantic action by starting with multiball and a unique challenge. I hate just about everything about LCA. The voice acting is amongst the worst, the music is dreary and the gameplay is not fun or engaging while the shots are uninspired and success is a reward of pure luck rather than skill. Victory is the most boring to me just because everytime you hit a checkpoint you have a several second long pause. The voice acting and music is better than LCA and it does have a better selection of shots and rewards.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
The worst part about LCA is having to that shoot out after every ball launch. That gets old fast. For most boring I would say either Victory or Cactus Canyon. I just can't get into them. The constant repetitive video mode in HD is also pretty boring.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Goin Nuts has its unique concept, and even if i wouldnt play it a long time (specially because of the music), it's far to be the worst one... and yes El Dorado is maybe the worst one. For me Victory, Central Park, Black Rose and (this wont help me to make friends ;) ) Taxi are also worst than GN.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
In TPA, I don't like tables on which you can't play "on the fly" or "wildly" (i.e. you have to strictly follow the rules and make some particular shots, otherwise you score nothing). When I play pinball, I like to just keep the ball alive, shoot randomly, and see what happens. But on some tables, it's just boring as you can keep the ball alive for ages but score nothing:

- Creature from the Black Lagoon
- Ripley's believe it or not
- Bride of Pin*Bot
- Dr.Dude
- Cue Ball Wizard

Victory is not on the list because the game design is very original (checkpoint system).

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
In TPA, I don't like tables on which you can't play "on the fly" or "wildly" (i.e. you have to strictly follow the rules and make some particular shots, otherwise you score nothing). When I play pinball, I like to just keep the ball alive, shoot randomly, and see what happens. But on some tables, it's just boring as you can keep the ball alive for ages but score nothing:

- Creature from the Black Lagoon
- Ripley's believe it or not
- Bride of Pin*Bot
- Dr.Dude
- Cue Ball Wizard

Victory is not on the list because the game design is very original (checkpoint system).

At first, I was surprised to see you include three games on the list with huge shots (CFTBL-Super Jackpot, BoP-Billionaire's Club, and CBW-9 ball 1/2 B).
But you're right-because in each of these games, long, boring periods of time elapse between these events. Whenever I play BoP, I can go 6-7 times spinning the big wheel (scoring low each time) in between lightings of the B-club.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Goin Nuts has its unique concept, and even if i wouldnt play it a long time (specially because of the music), it's far to be the worst one... and yes El Dorado is maybe the worst one. For me Victory, Central Park, Black Rose and (this wont help me to make friends ;) ) Taxi are also worst than GN.

It's okay to dislike taxi. I personally think it is a good game but I am not fond of diner, hate bad cats and really dislike Indy jones. I absolutely think mark Ritchie tables are mostly mediocre to awful except for fish tales.

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
LCA I only really like for the music anyway, Worst table for me would be Goin' Nuts as I haven't tried El Dorado, I just don't like the Time Limit aspect of Goin' Nuts

Also, Haunted House is good imho 😊

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts