X-Files Return

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I was wondering if the announced X-Files return could potentially make it a little easier to get the licensing to make this table? I always kind of enjoyed it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
We are in the minority my friend. I actually like it too. Many hate the tight ramps and also dislike the rules. A filing cabinet is also not exactly an exciting idea for a toy. But I love the theme and music. The table art is well done and I actually like the filing cabinet. Not a top twenty table for me but I always play it when I see it and would be in favor of seeing it make its way to TPA if it can be done without a kickstarter. Might be a good question to ask Bobby King. Maybe with the X-Files return it would be possible?

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Agree with everything you said. If somehow this could be done without a KS it would great! Does anyone know who has the licensing rights for this? I assume the actor likeness and voice overs would need licensed as well. Hopefully, they would not be to greedy. At least Christopher Lloyd isn't involved...lol

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I'd like to see that table in TPA as well...
and I'm super excited about the new x-files season :)

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I'm with all of you, this game Rules!!!!!!, I always have fun playing this game at the show I go to every year. I love the Music, Voiceovers, and just fun old gameplay, it kinda fits in the category of my Safe Cracker want game.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah i enjoy the X-Files table as well. Wonder if it would need any type of KS to bring it to TPA....if so i think we can forget about it ever coming to TPA

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Yeah, I wonder if it would need one as well. It has been, about 20 years since the X-Files have been on. Maybe they could look at it as free Advertising for something they already made money on. A little exposure to the kids that didn't watch the X-Files. Or perhaps they should allow it to apologize for that crap-tastic last movie.....ughhhh.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I would also like this table to come to TPA. I think it looks cool, I dig the music, and I really like The X-Files show. I think the file cabinet toy must have influenced Zen Studios El Dorado table a little.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
If anything, the series having a revival on a major network would make it's license MORE expensive.

You may be right-unless the licenser(s) are on board with TPA. I'm not too sure if a revival of the series would make it kickstarter worthy. The Terminator has been in the public conscience for the past few years, and the T2 table kickstarter passed by thin margin. TAF has raised the bar so much that nothing short of the Simpsons or LoTR would probably pass.

Also, the snafus that KS supporters have about claiming their rewards and table availability on their platform of choice could prove to be a problem, despite visible efforts on FarSight's part to show support for previous, long-drifting plans like DX11 and the 360 version.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If this needs a kickstarter, then I think we can forget about it. But if FOX is looking for some publicity to shine light on the TV series reboot, maybe it can be had on the cheap side. I think that is the only realistic way it can happen imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts