XBLA Sales Figures?

Jimmy Gambrill

Mar 27, 2012
I own Pinball FX2 plus every single table Zen Studios has released for it so far, but even I don't think it's fair to compare it to The Pinball Arcade. Pinball FX came out five years ago and The Pinball Arcade has only been released for a total of three months, so of course Pinball FX is more polished and has a plethora of features, but it didn't start out that way. Pinball FX was just as bare bones (if not more with only three original table) as TPA currently is when it first came out, but comparing both of these games in their current states is just ridiculous.
PinWiz, the WHOF disc was released in '09. FS have been working with this engine for years, come on now.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I see trolling facebook wasn't enough for Jimmy, now he has to stir **** up on a site called pinballarcadeFANS.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
PinWiz, the WHOF disc was released in '09. FS have been working with this engine for years, come on now.

I'll give you that one. I should have said Pinball FX2 has been out for a year and a half and The Pinball Arcade has only been out three months. I love pinball first and foremost which is why I own both products, but comparing the two in their current states is still ridiculous. By the way, just like Pinball FX2, The Pinball Arcade is running on an updated physics engine as well.

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
Hi Gail Schwartz here. I don't know what xbox sales are? But 2 people in my friends list have bought the game. Everybody has pinball fx2. I think people don!t know they are real tables because they are from the 80's and 90's. Maybe they never played them in real life? I think like pinball fx2 pinball arcade should make friends & give a free table fir all if this mess. Maybe people would buy it?

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
Hi Gail Schwartz again. I have it on the ipad2. I play the free tables . I didn't buy them because u am getting them 4 xbox. Besides I have Williams phof. I don't think alot of people bought it on iPad/ etc. When u can play free. Time killer. Something to do for a short period if time.

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
Hi Gail Schwartz here. I will buy new tables only until they have multi-player. I own Williams phof. Have 2 friends on xbox live that have the game & u guys. But won't buy Williams phof until multi-player. Xbox tag . Gailschwartz09.

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
Hi sly. Gail Schwartz here. I am a math major. I don't think the sales for pinball arcade are that good so far. Also after this mess I don't think that will help. Ibhave Williams phof . I don't know about anybody else . I have been playing pinball- real pinball for a long time. I always dreamed when I could play Adams family on a video game. Also space shuttle /blackknight/fun house/pin bot/ taxi/ no good golphers. Etc. I hope they clean up their act real quick. So I can live my dream every day .

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
Hi Gail Schwartz here again . Like I said before . I have friends 2 that have fx2.I think a very small number know what they are looking at because tables are from 80's & 90's. They don't want 2 waste money on the product because they don't know tables are real.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Gail, everyone can see it's you posting; your name appears to the left of your post. No need to announce who you are at the start of a post ;)

phantomfriar2002

Apr 13, 2012
These horrible threads are regrettably a sign that there's not much to say at this point. It's beyond time for the DLC and it's probably costing this game some sales on Xbox. Not trying to be a hater, but going from April to July with no updates -- just a bad, bad deal for everyone involved.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Well, the PS3 fans eventually had their faith rewarded. But I've certainly gone from being an XBox player to primarily playing this on Android.

ehansen24

Jun 25, 2012
I'm also concerned about the Xbox sales figures. I want Pinball Arcade to be around for a very long time. I did a bit of amateur research and came up with some basic numbers. If you go into Xbox game marketplace and sort Arcade games by most popular, you will get a list of about 450+ games. Pinball FX2 is ranked #9, and Pinball Arcade is ranked around #150. Two weeks ago, Pinball Arcade was ranked around #100. It's dropping fast, for only a 3 month old game. Hopefully the new DLC will boost numbers. But as it is, those numbers look pretty grim. Thank god for multi-platform sales.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
The lack of DLC is likely hurting sales. A lot of games on XBLA are one hit wonders, they're release, they sell a lot, then the sales trickle down. However, if you release more DLC once every month, you stay in the news and there's always more pinball tables to attract people to your game. ...But that requires you to have DLC for your customers.

To make matters worse, all this money went into getting this DLC on XBLA, but now three packs will likely be release at once. Three packs in one month after two months without will likely yeild less sales than one pack every month would have.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The situation sucks, no question. I think if they can get this sorted out and get the DLC content steadily rolling in, they will recover, especially after TZ is released. If they continue to have release problems like this, there will be trouble.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm also concerned about the Xbox sales figures. I want Pinball Arcade to be around for a very long time. I did a bit of amateur research and came up with some basic numbers. If you go into Xbox game marketplace and sort Arcade games by most popular, you will get a list of about 450+ games. Pinball FX2 is ranked #9, and Pinball Arcade is ranked around #150. Two weeks ago, Pinball Arcade was ranked around #100. It's dropping fast, for only a 3 month old game. Hopefully the new DLC will boost numbers. But as it is, those numbers look pretty grim. Thank god for multi-platform sales.

The fact that ANY pinball game can rank so high is an encouraging sign.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Tpa was ranked top 30 last week or so when I got my new 360 and checking out the rankings. pfx2 is also top 10 cause the app itself is completely free.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.