Your favorite device/platform?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Which device/platform will be your favorite for playing The Pinball Arcade?

For me, it will be PC because of the controls. I have an Xarcade Tankstick, and the pinball buttons on the side are perfect. Also, the graphics should look really nice on PC hardware.

My 2nd place runner up is my iPad 2. Being able to play anywhere is awesome, without a doubt.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I thought about getting TPA for PC (as playing Visual Pinball on PC is very enjoyable), but I think I'm gonna stick to Xbox 360 for home and EVO 3D for playing on the go.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I'll be getting it for PS3 and PC (hope it will run on my 4-year old gaming rig..)
Even though I'm very impressed with how it runs, playing on my Galaxy S lacks the sense of control I do have on PS3. Might still get the tables to support Farsight though ;)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes...I'll be supporting FarSight as well by purchasing all tables for both my platforms. Purchasing tables is key to keeping this wonderful idea alive hopefully for years to come.

N

Nik Barbour

Which device/platform will be your favorite for playing The Pinball Arcade?

For me, it will be PC because of the controls. I have an Xarcade Tankstick, and the pinball buttons on the side are perfect. Also, the graphics should look really nice on PC hardware.

My 2nd place runner up is my iPad 2. Being able to play anywhere is awesome, without a doubt.

That Tankstick looks awesome! seen pictures of them before on emulation websites, but didn't know they had 4 side mount buttons.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I was planning to buy them all on the PS3, and some on the iPad, but now I think it may be the reverse. I don't seem to get time to play the PS3 as much anymore, yet the iPad is always right there. It's pretty nice to be able to play pinball while in bed.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I was planning to buy them all on the PS3, and some on the iPad, but now I think it may be the reverse. I don't seem to get time to play the PS3 as much anymore, yet the iPad is always right there. It's pretty nice to be able to play pinball while in bed.

That is exactly my deal too.....The iPad is so convenient it wins out over playing the PS3 all the time.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I have a feeling the iPad 3 is going to put PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics in your hands...(at least that's my hope !)....I'll cast a early vote for the iPad 3 as my favorite....lol

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
I prefer consoles to touch screens, because I feel like they are much easier to control. I played PHOF: TWC exclusively on 360 - so that's the controller I am most familiar with. I will try it out on the PS3, as well. In the meantime, I am grateful to get my fix on the iPad 2 -- but I am really looking forward to it coming to the consoles.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I didn't know you had just gotten it....where did you get it from ?

I didn't realize it had the side buttons either...that is perfect !

I ordered it direct from their site. They had a sale around the holidays so I got $20 off and free shipping....and yeah the side buttons really add to the pinball experience. The other nice thing is the trackball works great as a mouse too.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I ordered it direct from their site. They had a sale around the holidays so I got $20 off and free shipping....and yeah the side buttons really add to the pinball experience. The other nice thing is the trackball works great as a mouse too.

I looked at them when we first talked about them a few weeks ago and missed the one with the trackball....That is really a do everything joystick !.....You got me wanting one now....lol !

I love how it will work with any type computer or game system and not need any drivers.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I looked at them when we first talked about them a few weeks ago and missed the one with the trackball....That is really a do everything joystick !.....You got me wanting one now....lol !

I love how it will work with any type computer or game system and not need any drivers.

I think the one with the trackball (the tankstick) is the only one that has the pinball buttons on the sides. It's easy as pie to set up on PC. All you really have to do is plug it in since it's recognized as a keyboard & mouse automatically. I use a frontend program called Mala that's basically like a portal for all my various emulators (Arcade, NES, SNES, etc) and my pinball games (Pro Pinball, Visual Pinball, and of course The Pinball Arcade when it comes out).

N

Nik Barbour

Smartphones are a bit too small for this app really, but I like the idea of having all these future tables on the move.
Man i wish I had an ipad!
(hint hint - if my missus sees this! Or anyone else is feeling generous)

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I think the one with the trackball (the tankstick) is the only one that has the pinball buttons on the sides. It's easy as pie to set up on PC. All you really have to do is plug it in since it's recognized as a keyboard & mouse automatically. I use a frontend program called Mala that's basically like a portal for all my various emulators (Arcade, NES, SNES, etc) and my pinball games (Pro Pinball, Visual Pinball, and of course The Pinball Arcade when it comes out).

I'm glad you said that !....I would have probably order the wrong one......I have a iMac use for most everything, but use a old Windows laptop that I still use sometimes for old pinball games, sounds like his would work with both :)

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
PC will definitely be my platform of choice once this hits there. Reasons being power and high resolution! Since they're also making a 360 version I'm guessing it'll work great with the 360 controller for PC right out of the box (shoulder buttons for flipper, analog stick for nudging). I'll also probably grab my favorite tables for iOS as well so I can play when away from home.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
My favorite platform is the PlayStation 3! I also play my Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb collection on my PSP because of the three extra tables, and it plays better because it was released later than the PlayStation 2 version.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts