Your top 3 Data East Machines?

Which are your top 3 DE machines?

• Total voters

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've only played 2 of them. A friend has laser war and its great fun despite the theme, especially when you get the jackpot.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Takes From The Crypt, Robocop, and Phantom Of The Opera for me. A lot of these have a great theme but average gameplay (I'm looking at you Star Wars). Then there are those with nice gameplay but a theme that I don't care about (like LW3 or WWF).

Crypt and Robocop are cool to play and I like the theme. Phantom I've only played once, but it was fun and it is just a beautiful pin.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I voted for 3 machines that I played: Jurassic Park, Last Action Hero, Lethal Weapon 3. I may have also played Hook, but don't know 100% sure.

N

netizen

Voted for the three that I played the most back in the day.

Robocop
Simpsons
Rocky and Bullwinkle

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I went with the three "obvious" ones (TFTC, GNR, Tommy) because those are the only three Data East machines that I've played more than a game or two on.

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
A lot of these have a great theme but average gameplay (I'm looking at you Star Wars).

Have you been able to track down a Star Wars with the new official roms? It's a much better game, and adds a bunch of cool stuff that was glitched out of it. Also - just hitting the ramp is no longer the only way to get a real score.

It was tough for me, but I went with Tommy, Guns N Roses, and Tales from the Crypt. Tommy and TftC are a bit samey, but I love 'em anyway, and the habitrails on TftC are cool as hell. The right ramp shot is a fun one.

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
Stern officially released it on their site. It's not something like Cactus Canyon Continued which isn't supported by WMS (though is also cool!) , and it means that in the unlikely event that Star Wars does come to TPA, they would be able to use the rom.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I have not played SW with the new rom, but I certainly would like too. I read something on Pinside about it.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I wish you could have done a 4 table poll, I left out Tales from the Crypt. The ones I picked though are.

1) The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
2) Jurassic Park
3) Last Action Hero (you can never get enough Arnold)

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Last Action Hero
Lethal Weapon 3
WWF Royal Rumble

This was a tough poll, really wanted to add in BTTF and Batman to make it a perfect 5. Hahaha

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I've only played 2 of them. A friend has laser war and its great fun despite the theme, especially when you get the jackpot.

Laser war is a great game. People who hate on LW ususally took one look at the art package and then walked away :p

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I picked Star Trek and a couple of others. I really enjoyed this Star Trek a thousand times more than ST:TNG. The others I picked were Monday Night Football and Time Machine.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
GnFnR is easily their best table design wise and I personally like the band so the music was a bonus.

I voted for lethal weapon 3 and last action hero. I like the fast pace and some design elements. Rocky/bull winkle, star trek and tales from the crypt could have just as easily been in the top 3 though. I don't get too jazzed about most of the other tables though. Laser war is fun but it does look cheesy.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Laser war is a great game. People who hate on LW ususally took one look at the art package and then walked away :p

laser war does look like fun!! I have never seen one.
I guess im the only one who voted for playboy 35th. I use to love the champagne shoot out lane in between the left inlane and the left sling.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts