Your Top #5 favorite sounds on TPA's tables

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Hi everybody,

What are your favorite sounds on TPA's tables (or PHoF)?

By "favorite sounds", I mean those sounds which give you chills and you will never get bored of they.

IMHO, a good sound design is 50% part of pinball fun.

Here's my top #5 (with related videos starting at the good point):

###1st###

- Ripley's believe it or not ***Super Jackpot***

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txaXci8B5F0#t=16m35s (16mn35s)

Come on, it just blows my walls!

###2nd###

- Medieval Madness ***Castle Multiball***
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWhfLFOfP54#t=28m35s (28mn35s)

Trumpets - Chaaarge - Lightnings - Muuuultibaaal!!! So Epic. I will never get tired of it.

###3rd###

- Tales of The Arabian Nights ***Lightning Lamp Comments***

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhkxpM9NcJI#t=6m25s (6m25s - PHoF table)

All of the comments, especially the "Ah, ah, ah, I looove the lightning!". It simply rocks.

###4th###

- Theatre of Magic ***Vanish Ball***
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJl7zJOxZy4#t=9m25s (9m25s)

I can't prevent myself to say it too while playing. VAAAAnish!

###5th###

- Taxi ***Joyride***
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN22k1Ff0oA#t=12m55s (12mn50s and 13mn15s)

It's just a "wheel of fortune", but have a sound of a big jackpot! JOYYYRIIDE!

Your turn.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
I too like "VANISH" from Theater of Magic, but only one sound that comes to mind...

Don't touch the door
Don't touch the door
Don't touch the door ... (BOOM)

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I like the sound that MB make the you make the (special) extra ball by points. that combined with the animation of drac smashing his guitar and ending with the knocking sound of and extra credit.

I never get tired of it.

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
I'm grinning from ear to ear every time I get a Sooooopaaarrr Jaaaaackpot. (rbion). it's just so completely over the top.

nothing comes close.

I just wonder how much attention you'd draw in a bar when scoring that?

Tapatalkin' at ya

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I can never resist throwing Harley Davidson's "There goes that mystery rider!" out there, in part because it's the best part of an otherwise pretty bluh table. ; D

Ooh and I like how at the start of ball 3 in ST:TNG, instead of Picard's usual gruff "Good luck" you get a whispered "Good luck" that kinda sounds like it's making fun of you. ; )

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2012
CV's Ringmaster: "Granny Ringmaster shoots better than you!"

STTNG - Data: "Had you propelled the ball on a proper trajectory, you would've been rewarded." Press both flippers during the line and Picard will interrupt him: "Thank you mr. Data!"

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
EB trumpets on TOTAN, makes me smile every time

MB - Bleh, I am Dracula and you are not!

Neon Multiball on CV

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I don't think you can beat the whole stacked multiball voice in MM, eg " Joust, Catapult, Troll, Damsel ...multiball madness! ", I love it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Hmmm...top 5 sound effects?

In no particular order:
  • The Super Jackpot from AFM: It's so over the top, it's glorious. The "oh, baby!" at the end is just the cherry on top.
  • The Multiball Madness startup from MM: Even more over the top, if possible.
  • The lit lock comment from CC: "Lock is lit, and so am I!" Never gets old.
  • The Warp Factor 9 sequence on STTNG: If that pulsing bass doesn't make you anxious, you're not alive.
  • The regular multiball jackpot from TZ: Or rather, what it should sound like rather than what it does sound like. (The sound effect in TPA is missing its treble portion.)
Honorable mention goes to RBION's "Slap that fool upside the head with a dead fish, mon!" and Scared Stiff's "Oooh, I'm having multiple jackpots!" lines.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
1. The entire Vacation Jackpot sequence from White Water. This is probably the most over-the-top sequence in any pinball machine I've ever played. It starts with a blaring fire alarm, then a whole bunch of voice samples, then the scream from the 5x Jackpot, then a moment of silence and a knock. It's everything you like about pinball sounds rolled up into one! Check it out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8jVYEWotJWk&desktop_uri=/watch?v=8jVYEWotJWk

2. "Back in my day, we didn't have Jackpots!" from Monster Bash. There's actually a meaning in this quote-earlier games give out Specials instead of Jackpots- and that makes it even more hilarious!

3. "JEFF! You are a weenie!" from Creature from the Black Lagoon. I know this is kinda cheating, but if you access the sound test on the real table, one of the last sounds will be this said in the same big, booming voice as in Unlimited Millions. There's also a reference to HAL in the sound test, as well.

4. "You... big... um, Sausage!" from FunHouse. It's very funny to see Rudy attempting to swear but getting sidetracked... After all, this is a kids' pinball machine!

5. "WOAH! Double Jackpot!" from Dr. Dude. Yeah, those two rappers can be very annoying at times, but when they say this, it completely makes my day. I find joy in "Millions!" as well, but that gets annoying after a while.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
"Funhouse? AHAHAHAHAHAHA"

"Quit playing with the clock!"

And the trapdoor scream.

All from Funhouse, of course.

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
In no particular order:

1 - "My God! She's alive!" - Bride of Pinbot
2 - "You big... sausage!" - Funhouse
3 - "Oohhhh nooOOoooO!" - Theater of Magic (secret ball lock)
4 - "Big risk, big reward... in the Twilight Zone" - TZ
5 - "I'm Lord Howard Hurtz, who the f&*# are you?" - Medieval Madness

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
AFM: the *crunch* when the extra ball hits the Martian (on the DMD)
MM: "Knock knock who's there (giggle)" (Duke of Bourbon)
MM: "Come on in and we'll take this outside!" (Duke of Bourbon again)
MB: "Bleh, bleh, bleh!" (Drac)
TotAN: "My ruby is yours!"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.