Zaccaria Pinball - PC Steam beta

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
My first impressions, a few things stick out.
1. There is something with how the ball moves. A physics issue where you can cause the ball to go faster in a way that is not physically possible. I'm not sure how to describe it.
2. There appears to be a rule/correction in place (at least on the 1 free table) that when the ball is bouncing between the slingshots for too long, it will do a turn and drop to the flipper. Now, I am in understanding that actual games that do this are doing so not because it is designed for it, but that something is wrong in the pathways or electricals. The Zaccaria game should correct this bounce issue and not make the ball drop instead.
3. The sound level varies on some tables. Some sounds are louder than others for some reason.
4. The camera takes too long to pan from the top of the playfield after launching the ball.

Otherwise it is kinda cool. The achievements are a bit over the top. I'm not sure if I would pay the full price or even buy additional tables. Part of the issue may be that I have no history with these games.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I use a PS2 controller with x360ce for Pinball Arcade and I'm not having any luck with Zaccaria either. Do I need to resort to a program that converts gamepad input to keyboard presses or is there a way to get this working with x360ce?

I'm using XPadder for my controller. Most tables are working well, but a few suffer from flipper "cancellation" (push left flipper, the right goes down, and vice versa. Haven't tried the latest update. Maybe it's fixed. Just wanted to recommend XPadder

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
New Balls Please

[MENTION=2322]Zsolt[/MENTION]
Is there any possibility to add some additional metal ball choices to the Steam version of Zaccaria pinball? The existing metal ball is pretty good although appears to be a little pixalated.
I know a lot of people change the balls in Visual Pinball to the types they like, so a lot of people would appreciate more choices I am sure. The existing balls could be kept and maybe add a Steel2, Steel3, Chrome, Gold, Dark Steel, etc. Scratches on the balls are also quite good to show ball spin.

The Pro Pinball Chrome ball is excellent, and the Pinball Arcade Chrome ball is also good.
I took some printscreens of some examples - sorry that some are a bit lowres.

new_balls.png

I am not sure what others think.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Love the visibility of the Pro Pinball steel ball.

Yes that ball looks so real when you actually play the table and it is in motion.

One thing I noticed about the existing Zaccaria ball both on Steam and Android, is when the ball is on the LEFT hand side of the table, it reflects a lot of white light. It doesn't do this on the right side.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hi [MENTION=2322]Zsolt[/MENTION]

Suggestion for the Demo: Could you allow to have all Gold features unlocked for the free table, so people could try out all the cool settings? It would surely be beneficial for the sales of these features.
Maybe you have right. We also thought of this idea. Thanks for the reminder!

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
[MENTION=2322]Zsolt[/MENTION]
Is there any possibility to add some additional metal ball choices to the Steam version of Zaccaria pinball? The existing metal ball is pretty good although appears to be a little pixalated.
I know a lot of people change the balls in Visual Pinball to the types they like, so a lot of people would appreciate more choices I am sure. The existing balls could be kept and maybe add a Steel2, Steel3, Chrome, Gold, Dark Steel, etc. Scratches on the balls are also quite good to show ball spin.

The Pro Pinball Chrome ball is excellent, and the Pinball Arcade Chrome ball is also good.
I took some printscreens of some examples - sorry that some are a bit lowres.

new_balls.png

I am not sure what others think.
Yes, there is. :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Yes, there is. :)

Zsolt speaks and the next day it is delivered on Steam!

NEW FEATURE! The ball is renewed with better and nicer metal effect, higher resolution textures, 24 skins and 3 customization options (ball reflection, ball light, ball contrast)

Many thanks Zsolt to you and your awesome team! Can't wait to play with these :).

If anyone gets some nice settimgs then please share :). My plan is to try and find a nice skin/settings that represent a chrome ball in the midnight mode.

re: http://steamcommunity.com/games/444930/announcements/detail/890967051409108782

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Zolt, thanks for the awesome work on the new ball, textures and options. They look great!

As an added bonus, some of the patterned skins really show off how good the ball physics are too. Top job :eek:

Incidentally, it has probably already been reported but I'm seeing weird graphical anomolies around the ball on Star God. Especially around the centre of the playfield and when rolling over switches. Looks like blocks or shadows drawn in front of the ball. I'm on nVidia with latest drivers.

Nice work once again :cool:

EDIT: There's a similar ball draw issue when rolling over the switches on Circus.

Last edited:

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I'm unfortunately still experiencing an inability to hold both flippers in the up position. They cancel each other out when using my uhid type controller.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Hopefully they get the flipper issues figured out for you guys^ I would also still like to have the left and right click of the mouse be able to control the flippers. Other than that wow I am blown away! This game just continues to improve, the ball looka awesome, haven't even tried the new modes, but I had blast playing last night

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
How does one permanently stop the tables from moving back and forth or up and down. I've read the forum tried the suggestion and nothing works for me, HELP. I just want my table to stay put. I have not been able to figure out the adjustment I need to make. I'm sure it's easy to do, but not for me.

It's just so darn frustrating. Between Zacc and TPA, I at least want one pinball table recreation program to work for me and make me happy. Please kind forum members, help. I know the problem with Zacc is me.

TPA is a whole 'nother story....Thanks for your help. :)

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
You need to make sure the static cam is set to on in the custom cam settings

You have to make sure you have selected a camera that is 4 or higher, you can only set custom views for 4 or higher, in your camera views while playing.

You can eliminate the side to side in custom cams, even while static, by setting the "Dead Zone" to 100.

All the other setting you'll have to fiddle with to find your preferred view. Try using the test button to see what will be displayed until you find something that works for you.

If you're playing in portrait, I think there was a thread on the Steam discussion about getting a good view.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
You need to make sure the static cam is set to on in the custom cam settings

You have to make sure you have selected a camera that is 4 or higher, you can only set custom views for 4 or higher, in your camera views while playing.

You can eliminate the side to side in custom cams, even while static, by setting the "Dead Zone" to 100.

All the other setting you'll have to fiddle with to find your preferred view. Try using the test button to see what will be displayed until you find something that works for you.

If you're playing in portrait, I think there was a thread on the Steam discussion about getting a good view.

Thanks Spork. I had my "Dead Zone" numbers reversed. I had it at (0) instead of (100). I sure appreciate the help. :D

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I like the nudge settings, but not a fan of the "photon torpedo" feedback sound when you nudge. Any way to turn that audio off? ... just the nudge sound

PinJimmy

Jun 27, 2012
I just recently discover this game and I must say it plays and looks great.
Stopped playing TPA long time ago because of the lack off console support and pushing quantity over quality, so im happy that I found this.

Wish these guys had the rights to make the williams/dataeast/stern etc.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts