Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.5 [iOS/Android]

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
That's a weird lightbeam, I have it too in daymode, but less obvious than your example.
Did you try this: in graphic settings hit 'default', then switch to night mode and set inside light 100% & outside light 100%.

Yes., tried this but then i get this,
3cf2f1a76166d7e4ffa01c6418f14325.jpg

00a4a92ec7508ba0a274ef33fa6efce6.jpg

And i just dont like this view, because its all reddish, dark and vage, i dont see the crisp nice artwork, it took a long time of bughunting to get the lightning back on all elements of the tables, and now the only alternative of getting rid of this distracting beam is having to switch to nightmode, and this is personally not the way its supposed to be.
7413b3db0f0390487703c2492c65b26a.jpg

5a37ef4e9a8f8505df5a126f59c2d2d6.jpg

this is not conform the lightning on the Real Zacc tables.

If this beam is ment to be caused by the incoming daylight from outside the building, i would certainly move the table to another location !!

I respect the opinion from others who like this view but then please give the opportunity to shut this beam off.

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I'm with Flipper bump in wishing to turn off the direct sunbeam in the day setting. I was happy with the settings I was able to tweak from the last update.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I really like the Stormy night mode which casts a lightening flash beam across the table periodically and crashes of thunder.

74-89

May 2, 2014
I really like the Stormy night mode which casts a lightening flash beam across the table periodically and crashes of thunder.

Me too. I wouldn't mind a stormy day mode to go with it and the shadow could make sense in that setting. Optional rain sound could be implemented. Either way, I think a fully lit day mode should be added to the menu.

Until then dark mode with 100% outside light (?) will have to do.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Either way, I think a fully lit day mode should be added to the menu.

Until then dark mode with 100% outside light (?) will have to do.

I'm not finding a suitable setting for emulating the old daylight setting. Turning up outside and inside light in night mode helps, but I can't balance the colors properly. The chrome is all pink and blue, and the table ends up washing out a bit with no pop. Zsolt, please bring back the old daylight settings! You can make the direct sunbeam an option like you did with lightning flashes.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I'm not finding a suitable setting for emulating the old daylight setting. Turning up outside and inside light in night mode helps, but I can't balance the colors properly. The chrome is all pink and blue, and the table ends up washing out a bit with no pop. Zsolt, please bring back the old daylight settings! You can make the direct sunbeam an option like you did with lightning flashes.

Very Much Agreed, various selectable daylight settings are totally fine with me, with the old daylight settings included.

Last edited:

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
I do like to say that night storm mode are electrifying ! specially when u play Magic Castle and Spook ..it gives a nice atmosphere plus to the table itself !! another hand ... ( the another one ) I miss the night mode ( just dark ) and day time without shadows ....cause this " kill " ....ok , let's say just KO the art on the playfield , I think it's going too much a to Arcade games style and putting behind the simulation spirit , it includes the fidelity on the art graphics ... ok still there but with too much effects blur the art itself ...it's like a girl with too much make up ! Solution ?? of course are ... keep it all cause it's all good - settings Light mode " clear playfield " as before - Dark mode " as before " and plus Storn mode ! and we have it all without sacrifice important aspect of the table - Also for those like the shadow and the light bean crossing the table ...would be interesthing to choose the background ! the new one with the light crossing the table and other with clear playfield ---- and hey ! i miss the old dark mode background with the arcades beside the table !!! otherwise its have being an great upgrade on the zaccaria pinball .... but please, keep the clear mode on light and dark , anything else should be an option and voila !!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yes to keep neutral light / dark setting without ambient interference.

As an option, please go crazy with whatever weather or deterioration effects you come up with. They are fun.

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
Is it just me or is some of these tables just virtually unplayable due to the brutal physics? Take Mystic Star as an example. Every bounce ends in the outlanes, even when nudging. The entire play involves just keeping the ball from draining. Forget about trying to score points. After playing it for an hour, the best I could manage was 450K points. The highest possible showing score is 9,999,999. To get the high score that I got, I was nudging so much that if this were the real table it would tilted on every ball. There are two possibilities, the real one was this difficult or the physics are still way off for the tables. It seems to me that the slings went from bad to worse.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Is it just me or is some of these tables just virtually unplayable due to the brutal physics? Take Mystic Star as an example. Every bounce ends in the outlanes, even when nudging. The entire play involves just keeping the ball from draining. Forget about trying to score points. After playing it for an hour, the best I could manage was 450K points. The highest possible showing score is 9,999,999. To get the high score that I got, I was nudging so much that if this were the real table it would tilted on every ball. There are two possibilities, the real one was this difficult or the physics are still way off for the tables. It seems to me that the slings went from bad to worse.

I haven't wanted to say anything about this for fear of it sounding like a complaint. Others here have asked for more power on the slings but to me, they already threaten to turn some of these games into a spectator sport. Lucky Fruit is one of the best examples of this, anything hitting the lower slingshots will volley with increasing force until it drains.

I would like the slingshots to be less powerful, but I'm really happy with the default physics in general.

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
I haven't wanted to say anything about this for fear of it sounding like a complaint. Others here have asked for more power on the slings but to me, they already threaten to turn some of these games into a spectator sport. Lucky Fruit is one of the best examples of this, anything hitting the lower slingshots will volley with increasing force until it drains.

I would like the slingshots to be less powerful, but I'm really happy with the default physics in general.

In observing the interaction of the ball with the playing field, when the ball travels down toward the bottom, most times it will hit the slingshots. It is like the slingshots cover too much of flippers, reducing the chance that the ball will come down on the flipper. This is the case on a number of the tables like Fire Mountain. The physics, other than excessive ball spin, seem pretty good. I think that some adjustment to play field objects and how they influence the ball need to be made in order to make some of these tables enjoyable to play. In ASK's defense, they do not appear to have access to some of the actual tables like Farsight does. I don't know what it would take to adjust the design of some of these tables.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I agree with the concerns about the slingshots. I had no problem with the way the slings responded before this update. Now on many tables the ball volleys back and forth before ending in an outlane drain.

night

May 18, 2012
I haven't wanted to say anything about this for fear of it sounding like a complaint.

If you have an issue, just say it, we are here to make Zaccaria better! It should never be your problem if some can't handle complaints on their fav pinball app. So far I find the Zaccaria section a great place without any of the fundamentalism I have personally experienced on the TPA forums in the past.

But I don't understand why the slings are a problem, because you can adjust them in the custom settings. Try set it to 0%! I just did that to give it a try and then they react very weak.

I had the the issue with Space Shuttle where the ball was send too often to the outlanes after a short slingshot match. No time yet to fiddle with my settings, but perhaps a bit of tweaking is needed!:)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Completely agree with Night. Just say what you're thinking - there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Don't agree with the slings comments personally though :)
Slings are by design , created to do what you complain of. They are precisely angled to throw the ball to the other sling building their way up the sling height until they throw the ball into the outlane. The player should use a precisely timed up nudge to break the trajectory path.
Current adjustment in Zacc app seems perfect to me and should cater for all , from those who wish weak, to those who wish strong settings .

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
Doh! I didn't realize the slings were adjustable. I should have known better!

I have already messed with the settings. Turning up the strength on the slings helps and creates other issues in other areas. It's like a rusty pipe, you fix one leak only for it to create another one somewhere else. I have talked about having custom physics setting for each table. Right now, I think that if you changed the physics for one table, it changes them to the rest. While this solution is not 100% ideal, it would help. I use TPA as the standard. TPA does not have these kinds of issues with physics and they do not have the ability to change the settings. They have achieved a good balance that provides a challenge for good players while not making it virtually impossible for those with lesser skill on some of the tables. I have nothing but respect for ASK Homework and their developers. Overall, I like this app despite the shortcomings. My guess is that the developer is ultimately trying to get the app to a point where we have one setting for all tables so that we can start having competitions where everyone is playing with the same physics and circumstances. I am providing some valuable feedback from a player who is not an "expert", but is "slightly better than average" as Steve Ritchie often put it.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I tend to agree. The default settings should be as accessible as possible to the "newcomer" and "general" player. It's great that you can customise everything but the defaults should provide the best possible experience. I've found the difficulty of tables has increased recently and I'm playing a lot less than I was.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts