Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.9 [iOS/Android]

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Zolt, what about proper controller (HID) support for the games menu system?

The flippers work great in-game, just navigation via controller is useless. Can only use my mouse/remote cursor, and scrolling can't be done without a trackpad, so I'm unable to edit settings e.t.c.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
ill undelete posts for a new ipad...(tpa and pinballless for almost 3 months..tis and addiction) gotta love alittle ask tho

74-89

May 2, 2014
Okay thanks for letting me know 74-89 i didnt know that the renewed playfield art was already updated, but to be honest, i dont see much of a difference between the old and the updated playfield.

And specially when comparing the upper playfield art of the ASK sim to real Time Machine, theres still a big difference,

Also, i didnt read anything about some tuning on the lower slingshots preventing the ball being shot into the outlanes too much, which would be a big improvement because this really doesnt happen this much when watching movies of different zaccs on youtube.

It would be just great if the last issues could be adressed before support gets on a lower level at the final stage of development of this app.

And Yes, i would like it alot too if the coloured flippers could be added

I think the playfield art was redone but not the plastics, the black spires had appeared sometime before that. They didn't change and neither did the look of the clear plastic or the row of lights behind the curved red panel.

Of course nothing can be expected but I think there will still be updates. Zsolt said they wanted to wait until all of the tables were finished before adding the Zacc flippers.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
To Zsolt: Lower slingshots. Colored Flippers.

74-89 out.

Indeed !! ASK should fix this issue with the lower slings asap because this gets pretty frustrating by now, its no fun playing this collection as is now !!

Coloured flippers are cool ofcourse but for me its by far more important to have fun while playing.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Any news on a PC port? I would so much prefer to play this on my computer rather than my mobile...

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
IOS Update is available Red Show is a cool table and also here the lower slings just volley the ball up to the middle playfield or into the drainlanes, please fix this ASK as the final finishing touch making this retro collection Gold

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Well it's looking like we are pretty much at the end of the line for Zac Pinball. It's been fun watching the collection of tables grow, and I really love many things about the game. Unfortunately the pinball physics are just not really there and most of the tables are still sort of frustrating to play as they end up being drainfests. There's just a general lack of dynamics in the way the ball interacts with the tables. Instead of there being a wide range of ways that the ball can react to any collision, it feels like there is only 3 or 4. Know what I mean? I still go back to Blackbelt (one of my favorite tables) and the way the ball bounces between the one-way gates after an initial plunger shot. If you watch a vid of the real table, the ball bounces back and forth between the two gates several times and then drops through any one of the chutes down to the playfield. In the sim, it bounces off the left gate and then drops down through either the first or second chute every time. It's just an example of what I see as a fundamental issue.

As a Gold member, I certainly don't feel like I've been cheated though. ASK has given me my money's worth for sure. It's just unfortunate that I probably won't really play these tables very often due to the fact that most of them just aren't very fun for reasons that don't have much to do with the actual tables themselves. Personally, I wish less time had been spent on certain graphical enhancements and more spent on improving the physics engine...

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I respectfully disagree about the quality of the physics. I find them the most realistic in virtual pinball, across the board. The slings on the Zaccaria tables, however are a problem. Maybe this is the case on the real tables too? Outline drain hogs!

Zaccaria ME has far and away been my best app purchase ever. And I've spent hundreds over the years.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Just want to add my shout out of a job well done on this collection. Turns out zaccarria made quite a few tables and now that they are digitized they can be enjoyed by pinball fans world wide - legacy preserved.

Agree that some of the tables needing some physics tweaks on the slings (lucky fruit). Nudging left and right just delays the inevitable outlane drain - however I have been having success up-nudging right as the ball goes over the sling so it hits a barrier above the path of the outlane and drops back to the flippers. Ideally I would like to see nudging up during the ping pong action between the sling take the power out of the ball movement so it drops down into the flippers that way. (Like IRL).

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I respectfully disagree about the quality of the physics. I find them the most realistic in virtual pinball, across the board. The slings on the Zaccaria tables, however are a problem. Maybe this is the case on the real tables too? Outline drain hogs!

Zaccaria ME has far and away been my best app purchase ever. And I've spent hundreds over the years.
Completely agree. As an Android user we only got our introduction in Feb this year, but wow.
Ask homework really achieved what I think virtual Pinball should be.
They stunned me with PC quality graphics and sound quality. The physics whilst not perfect, are a vast improvement on other similar apps, and I feel give an accurate impression and feel of what Pinball is about for me, which is constantly being on the knife edge of holding control. It's still not unusual for me to have a sub one minute 3 ball game in Zacc.
Plus customer service is unsurpassed. I have never seen a developer and team work so hard to achieve their goals whilst accommodating their fans.
I hope Ask do more with Pinball and I very much look forward to putting more money their way in the future.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Update v3.9.1 will have a new switch in Settings menu that turns 'Ad for extra ball' on/off.

Please if possible see if leaderboard scores can be limited to games played without the free extra ball, especially since it looks like the number of extra balls is limited only by the # of vids one watches. Hope you guys feel you achieve real success with this game you desirve it :). Please keep us updated on whats next! I would really love maybe one more update for the little stuff in the bugs threads and then... PC! Thank you Zsolt

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Please if possible see if leaderboard scores can be limited to games played without the free extra ball, especially since it looks like the number of extra balls is limited only by the # of vids one watches. Hope you guys feel you achieve real success with this game you desirve it :). Please keep us updated on whats next! I would really love maybe one more update for the little stuff in the bugs threads and then... PC! Thank you Zsolt

+1 on the legit high scores only leaderboards (free extra ball option off)

I worked/played hard to earn my iOS high scores - hate to lose that to ad watchers.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I think we should make a combined effort to look at the scoring on all EMs and sugest corrections where they may need to be. Red Show I think needs changed based on the card, double special = maybe both sets of drops complete? I will post in the Red Show thread after i think about it more. Great job finding those details 74-89.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I second Snorzel's request to keep us updated on what's next, Zsolt. It's no understatement to say discovering Zaccaria ME was one of the highlights of this last summer for me.

I'd still love to see a PC port of the app, perhaps via Steam, for which I'd gladly pay. Cab support would be an amazing bonus.

Also wondering if you're in negotiations with any other vendors for table rights. Or, does TPA have a lockdown on the entire market?

night

May 18, 2012
Don't forget the pinball construction kit Zsolt was taking about! That would be a cool thing, and even might help us emulate some obscure tables ourselves.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.