Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.9 [iOS/Android]

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Don't forget the pinball construction kit Zsolt was taking about! That would be a cool thing, and even might help us emulate some obscure tables ourselves.
A Construction Kit would just be awesome.
I'd probably never play anything else again.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I've been playing through all of the tables trying to gather up a list of items that ASK might want to address before calling this a done deal. I appreciate how responsive Zsolt and crew have been to what amounts to a handful of enthusiasts nit-picking their work. If no other tweaks are forthcoming, this is an amazing pinball sim as is. That said, here's a few concerns I still have:

Slings - Is it possible to make sling physics settings unique to each table rather than global? Overall, I prefer the setting at zero as it allows me to play pinball rather than watch pinball. However, some tables benefit from having more active slings. Or at least set the default at zero so that the tables don't give the false impression of being drainfests.

Ball reflection - This effect disappeared for me a few updates ago. The option is still available. I just don't see the effect anymore. I miss it.

The Special Thanks banner that scrolls at the top of the screen becomes mislayered when going from the table list screen to the individual table screen.

The ball still hesitates at times when it collides with the small rubber stoppers. The ball spins in place for a second before bouncing back into play - almost like it's having to figure out where to go for a beat. This may be a limitation of my iPad 2 since I have never seen anyone else mention this quirk. I never saw this before the improved physics. Not game breaking, just peculiar.

The player is still penalized for calling attendant. This is not much of a problem anymore since balls rarely get stuck now.
-----------------
Since this last update, I have not had one instance of a missing flipper. Good job!

I notice that the Game Time Credit now begins counting down as soon as the ball loads into the plunger rather than once the ball enters the table like it used to.

I second Snorzel's recommendation that now is the time to give these tables a thorough scrutinizing to make sure the scoring functions as it should.

Thanks again ASK Homework and Zsolt for bringing us Zacarria pinball!

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
The ball still hesitates at times when it collides with the small rubber stoppers. The ball spins in place for a second before bouncing back into play - almost like it's having to figure out where to go for a beat. This may be a limitation of my iPad 2 since I have never seen anyone else mention this quirk. I never saw this before the improved physics. Not game breaking, just peculiar.

This happens when you have too many effects enabled and the system cannot keep up. I'd suggest not running any reflection and, if they are enabled, turning off things like motion blur, lamp glow, etc. You need to pause mid game and use the FPS display in the graphics settings to fine tune to your device; you want to keep the FPS at a high 50/60.

Enabling the used/playfield dirt setting will really kill performance it seems, so on older devices i'd not suggest using it.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
This happens when you have too many effects enabled and the system cannot keep up. I'd suggest not running any reflection and, if they are enabled, turning off things like motion blur, lamp glow, etc. You need to pause mid game and use the FPS display in the graphics settings to fine tune to your device; you want to keep the FPS at a high 50/60.

Enabling the used/playfield dirt setting will really kill performance it seems, so on older devices i'd not suggest using it.

Thanks Spork. I've always had to run fairly bare bones, but I have always run with the used table setting. I'll see if cutting that off helps.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Don't forget the pinball construction kit Zsolt was taking about! That would be a cool thing, and even might help us emulate some obscure tables ourselves.

I cant wait for this! I am having a ton of fun with mario maker a pinball maker wouldbe amazing! My first pin will be called Amazeballs :p

74-89

May 2, 2014
Since this last update, I have not had one instance of a missing flipper.

I have.

Edit: After looking at this issue very closely, it appears to only occur on my Android device, as indeed the Apples now seem to be entirely free of any missing flippers.

I notice that the Game Time Credit now begins counting down as soon as the ball loads into the plunger rather than once the ball enters the table like it used to.

Thank you for pointing this out, I hadn't noticed it yet. This is how Game Time Bonus is supposed to work, I'm glad they fixed it.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

Did they ever mention if this would be a separate app? Image all the time wow would spend with a pinball construction kit. If they do this, I hope there is a way to share creations with friends.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I chose a Note 4 for my last upgrade, partly thinking about this editor with the S Pen.
Whilst we haven't yet got the editor, I did get myself 'Infinite Painter' app and I did get back into painting again.

Keep wondering how in depth this construction kit will be? Will you be able to draw your own playfield art?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.