Zaccaria Pinball

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
I've owned over half of these tables and played several of the others at my friends house. We had large zac collections about 8 years ago.

Zankor was really rare and one that I spent hundreds of hours restoring. It was truly disgusting when I got it, but it turned out nice and I played the heck out of it for 4 years.
I should have never parted with it.

My other favorites in no particular order were Pinball Champ, Farfalla, Magic Castle, Soccer Kings, Mexico 86, Pool Champion. Devil Riders was just OK.
These are all generation 2 games, but special mention goes to Stargod (my favorite generation 1 game).

Of all the zacs I've owned and played I didn't care for BlackBelt and Time Machine.

It's very exciting to be able to play these again, at least on the ipad. I plan on getting the pinballs again someday, but this time I will need to get them all :)

I'm really excited for Spooky and Magic Castle as well. Has anyone out there actually played them? I've seen a few videos, but not much is out there.

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
I'll be at Pinfest too, but you would be lucky to maybe see 1 zaccaria there. There are a few locals that have the common zacs like Time Machine, Devil Riders, Farfalla, so you may see one of these.

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
Magic Castle is very fun. It has an upper playfield and its tough to hit the 3 ghost targets. The backglass is cool too in the middle you have a large flasher and when you hit the ball up to the upper playfield, zaccula (dracula) pops out of the backglass, makes an evil laugh and the BIG flasher goes off, its very cool. The game has lots of drop targets, the mini flipper outlane save and a hauntingly good soundtrack with many phrases for a 1984 game.

My friend Joe in Chicago has a Spooky that he restored and posted a video on youtube years ago. One of the few zacs I never played, so it will be cool to be able to play this one.

Thanks Sotie and dtown. I'm relieved to see Spooky and Magic Castle on there. I've never played them but they are spoken highly of on Pinside and I really wanted them to be part of this.

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Magic Castle is very fun. It has an upper playfield and its tough to hit the 3 ghost targets. The backglass is cool too in the middle you have a large flasher and when you hit the ball up to the upper playfield, zaccula (dracula) pops out of the backglass, makes an evil laugh and the BIG flasher goes off, its very cool. The game has lots of drop targets, the mini flipper outlane save and a hauntingly good soundtrack with many phrases for a 1984 game.

My friend Joe in Chicago has a Spooky that he restored and posted a video on youtube years ago. One of the few zacs I never played, so it will be cool to be able to play this one.

It sounds like Magic Castle is a really good pin. I've only seen one video on YouTube for Spooky. It just might be your friend. Thanks for the info on the Zaccaria Pins.

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
I noticed something missing in Pinball Champ 82 and Devil Riders and other generation 2 zacs you're working on....

At the end of the real game, an announcer usually chides you or congradulates you!
If I recall things like "What a low score, try harder", or "You';re a pinball champ!" I really miss hearing the ending phrases at game end.
With Pinball Champ, there is a lamp on the backglass that blinks when the woman or man is speaking. Pretty cool.

If I recall Devil Riders also spoke at the end of the game:
Things like "I'm sorry you're an amateur rider", etc....

Magic Castle really rubs you out for a bad score, and Farfalla says things like "For this score no comment!"

It would be great to get those updates.

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
I noticed something missing in Pinball Champ 82 and Devil Riders and other generation 2 zacs you're working on....

At the end of the real game, an announcer usually chides you or congradulates you!
If I recall things like "What a low score, try harder", or "You';re a pinball champ!" I really miss hearing the ending phrases at game end.
With Pinball Champ, there is a lamp on the backglass that blinks when the woman or man is speaking. Pretty cool.

Magic Castle really rubs you out for a bad score, and Farfalla says things like "For this score no comment!"

I'm sure Zsolt will probably see this. It might be something they can add in a future update. Let's hope so!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hey luvthatapex, and welcome to the forum. I recognize your name from Pinside. We've been having a good time discussing the Zac app in here. But it's nice to have someone on here with some experience with the real thing. So I hope you stick around to give us you thoughts on future tables and updates.

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Hey luvthatapex, and welcome to the forum. I recognize your name from Pinside. We've been having a good time discussing the Zac app in here. But it's nice to have someone on here with some experience with the real thing. So I hope you stick around to give us you thoughts on future tables and updates.

I second that! Welcome! It's great to have someone who has owned and played the Zac pins!

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
Thanks, I sure will. I lived and breathed zac tables for 4-5 years and helped everyone learn about the games. Of all the games I ever owned, these were the nicest games for their time period. They had incredible artwork, fun features, speech (gen2 games), game time bonus (fun but novel) and interesting toys. I also got to know owners all around the globe and traded/bought sold parts with them in order to fix our games. It was a magical time I will never forget.

Although I had some Italian contacts in Bologna, I never was able to speak directly with the zaccaria brothers, perhaps someday. If only to thank them for their incredible games.

I'm sure Petrik Laszlo was the source for much of the material we see in this pinball app. He has probably the largest zac collection in the world and is the nicest guy.
He is also in Hungary. If I ever go to Hungary I would love to visit.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Definitely. Welcome to the forum, luvthatapex.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, thanks for the awesome insights into the tables, and welcome to the forum.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
So I bought this and am enjoying it. After reading the instructions and watching some videos on time machine, I'm pretty sure they have scripted the red special and the orange special incorrectly.

Instead of activating red, the drop targets automatically award a MACHINE letter. This is incorrect per the zaccaria pinball website. Further, when the red is activated (through the A-F targets), it dos not appear to be on a timer, and does not flash as it should in a real game. It seems to stay lit until hit.

Also, the orange specials are lit in the incorrect order, meaning the highest scoring is activated first (further up on the table) when it should be the other way around.

Any way for these to be fixed? I know other things have definitely been improved. I'm hoping these scripting errors can be as well.

Reference: rules. http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/rulesheets/index.html

Red and orange target behavior video one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8kFrZs9dq8

Video two:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHySFvc2et4

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. Of course we will implement them.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks, I sure will. I lived and breathed zac tables for 4-5 years and helped everyone learn about the games. Of all the games I ever owned, these were the nicest games for their time period. They had incredible artwork, fun features, speech (gen2 games), game time bonus (fun but novel) and interesting toys. I also got to know owners all around the globe and traded/bought sold parts with them in order to fix our games. It was a magical time I will never forget.

Although I had some Italian contacts in Bologna, I never was able to speak directly with the zaccaria brothers, perhaps someday. If only to thank them for their incredible games.

I'm sure Petrik Laszlo was the source for much of the material we see in this pinball app. He has probably the largest zac collection in the world and is the nicest guy.
He is also in Hungary. If I ever go to Hungary I would love to visit.
Yes, László has all the Zaccaria pinball machines. We have visited him and it was a huge experience. He was very helpful and assisted us a lot!

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
So I bought this and am enjoying it. After reading the instructions and watching some videos on time machine, I'm pretty sure they have scripted the red special and the orange special incorrectly.

Instead of activating red, the drop targets automatically award a MACHINE letter. This is incorrect per the zaccaria pinball website. Further, when the red is activated (through the A-F targets), it dos not appear to be on a timer, and does not flash as it should in a real game. It seems to stay lit until hit.

Also, the orange specials are lit in the incorrect order, meaning the highest scoring is activated first (further up on the table) when it should be the other way around.

Any way for these to be fixed? I know other things have definitely been improved. I'm hoping these scripting errors can be as well.

Reference: rules. http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/rulesheets/index.html

Red and orange target behavior video one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8kFrZs9dq8

Video two:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHySFvc2et4
Thanks a lot! This issuse will be fixed too.

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
Looking over the tables that will be released, here is breakdown of generation 1 vs generation 2 games.
Generation 1 games had simpler sound cards with just 4 tones, while the generation 2 games featured more elaborate sound mixes with speech (for most games).
It was at the end of the generation 1 games (around Earth Wind and Fire) that the option "Game Time Bonus" was included.

Generation 1
------------
House of Diamonds
Star God
Locomotion
Hot Wheels
Shooting The Rapids
Fire Mountain
Future World
Earth Wind and Fire
Winter Sports

Generation 2
-------------
Mystic
Farfalla
Time Machine
Zankor
Stars Phoenix
Spooky
Space Shuttle
Soccer Kings
Robot
Pool Champion
Pinball Champ 82
Mexico 86
Magic Castle
Devil Riders
Clown

It's quite a treat they decided to include Mystic as this was a kit that zaccaria produced using Bally boards. I've never played this one, so it will be cool.
I'm sure there are very few of these around.

Also of note, Stars Phoenix was near the end of the Zaccaria game production and was the first game to offer MULTIBALL. Some may say Soccer Kings offered multiball too, but its really not true as the playfield ball was held under the playfield and another ball in the trough behind the soccer goalie was released on the upper playfield during the goalie rounds. It must have been quite a trick when the game was released in 1982.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.