Zaccaria Pinball

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

May 10, 2012
My biggest problem with this app is the physics. There is no flipper bounce at all and I just found it incredibly boring to play. No harm in spending a few bucks to download it and try it out for yourself. If you are a fan of dream pinball or the original machines it is probably worth checking out

PS! What bull**** is this??? "night obviously didn't get the memo. The hive mind has already decided that there’s nothing to like here."

It just so happened that a couple of us that played it first did not like it. If you have another opinion speak up for Christs sake

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I don't have a working iOS device anymore so can't try it, however I played Age of Pinball pre-TA days and it wasn't too bad although I was never crazy about original tables. I remember I used to set the table to Pro-mode and the physics were a lot better and the ball was more weightier. Do they still have that option, and if so does that improve play?

The photos look pretty good. Maybe if they get feedback they might be able to improve things. Maybe they will add a bouncier rubbers add-on :).

Seriously if the game is good I didn't mind paying for add-ons. After all this is their living and they need to pay wages.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
That video actually exceeded my expectations. The lack of flipper bounce would drive me nuts though. Dead bounce = drain.

night

May 18, 2012
I wrote a review in the app-store with the physics problems covered, so I hope it will help the developpers. With some tweaking it could become a lot better. And I hope they update the ball.. still thinking about buying some add-ons out of curiosity.. I'll post some update pics if I will, need to drink some more whiskey first.

night

May 18, 2012
Night modus. Now, this would be pretty interesting if they put that option in TPA.
I think it is too dark, too blue, but nice effort. Perhaps they tried to simulate black-light or something. For the look I would have preferred a blend between the default lighting and this.

If you are brave enough to buy Zaccaria pinball, don't ever buy the extra balls, it's crap! You can't tell the difference between the materials of the balls..

As a graphics-man I do appreciate little details like the slightly flickering lights in the red ramp in the back.. The ball looks much better in night modus btw.

image%2520copy%25204.jpg

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
In case someone from A.S.K. Homework read this, I made a 30% blend of the default table with the night table. I think this looks much better, more balanced.

blend.jpg

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Does anyone else find it weird a company named A.S.K. Homework is making pinball sims?

Behnam

May 14, 2012
I once asked A.S.K. about their name, and what their logo represented... The name A.S.K. is the first letters of the company founders names. But noone on the team actually knows what the logo is supposed to be...
BTW they uploaded a new smooth gameplay trailer:

Last edited:

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Boy, who's the guy who plays this? His constant pointless flipping is really irritating. lol

The tables themselves look really nifty, though. And the physics don't seem as off as I expected them from reading some postings here. But as it always is with these things... you don't really know how bad things play until you play them. ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Finally broke down and bought this app like I knew I would. Visually the tables are pretty good on my ipad 4. The night mode is also a nice little add on. The feel of the ball and flippers is really bad. You don't fell connected to the flippers when you are playing (not sure how else to describe this). Don't buy the five ball upgrade. Three balls is plenty. It is almost difficult to lose a ball at times. The nudging is also bad. I'm not sure it was even working but you hardly need it. If they were not real Zaccaria tables, I would say stay away from this. But for me the Zaccaria table design and art is enough for me to give this a mild recommendation. I like how you earn time on an extra ball as a bonus. I also like their outlane design and outlane flipper saves such as in Devil Riders. The artwork is very nice in an artsy/druggy style.
Do I love it? Is it as good as TPA or Zen? No, but it was enough fun that I know I will play it again. It is tough to play this game and not keep saying to yourself, boy I wish TPA had made these tables. Hopefully they will improve the physics. They are planning on releasing 27 tables including Farfalla, which is a big plus.

Note: $1.99 only gets you one table. The other 2 tables are in app purchases. Other features such as dark room lighting and ball skins are also in app purchases.

night

May 18, 2012
Boy, who's the guy who plays this? His constant pointless flipping is really irritating. lol

The tables themselves look really nifty, though. And the physics don't seem as off as I expected them from reading some postings here. But as it always is with these things... you don't really know how bad things play until you play them. ;)

First I though it really sucked, you are used to TPA. The biggest problem is that the ball doesn't bounce off the flippers. I think with a some serious tweaking this could work out. For the table itself (TimeMachine), well.. it is what it is, I honestly don't know the rules, they are nowhere to be found in the App, so it's just a bit of flip-flopping. What's most appealing is the graphics (no, it's not Zen quality, but still a nice effort) and the fact that it is a recreation of an actual vintage table. It's cheap-cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts