I really hope that there is a typo in this article!!

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
Although it's a shame that Farsight doesn't seem to be involved in this, I'm still glad that more Stern tables will be digitized! Let's just hope Zen Pinball uses a more realistic physics model for the Stern tables than what they use for their own personally developed digital tables. I've never liked them to be honest.

karl

May 10, 2012
But didn't Bobby say that Farsight is still involved with this in the latest interview on the podcast?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Although it's a shame that Farsight doesn't seem to be involved in this, I'm still glad that more Stern tables will be digitized! Let's just hope Zen Pinball uses a more realistic physics model for the Stern tables than what they use for their own personally developed digital tables. I've never liked them to be honest.

Zastian, you took the words right out of my mouth.

+1

As long as they get the physics right, then I'm cool with Zen getting the license.

karl

May 10, 2012
Sorry Karl, but
to me, this is like the greatest Pinball news in history- If it really is ZEN!
Zen deserve it so much. I used to talk a little bit about it in this thread:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10295-So-Zen-visited-Stern-today

I wont go there and start something ugly ;)

On the bright side, I have actually started to enjoy a few Zen tables lately. Both Family guy and that wild west table looks to be decent fun. Even a couple of Star Wars tables took me by surprise, but I still prefer the tpa engine. I like the viewing angles and physics on tpa much better, for starters but If not Farsight, then I guess Zen is the next best thing.

Just took me by surprise after hearing all the talk about Farsight and Stern

karl

May 10, 2012
Maybe FS didn't (or couldn't) renew the Stern license (which includes Gottliebs). Could explain why we haven't seen a Gottlieb pin in over a season.

Disclaimer - this is purely wild speculation on my part. Just stirring the pot.

That's what we are here for :cool:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
The Physics are fully tweakable in Zen Pinball / Pinball FX.

Every Zen table designer decides how much realism he wants to put in.

You can read it all in this interview:
http://paulsemel.com/exclusive-interview-zen-studios-pinball-designer-peter-grafl/

And guess what, Zen is already working on Zen Pinball 3!!!
(and Farsight .. TPA2 .. yeah right.. and TPA 1 ... it's a bugfest galore .. the visuals, audio and presentation .. ok I'm quiet)

Zen has 75 skilled employees and the power to do great things, as they proved in the past!!

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Zen has 75 skilled employees and the power to do great things, as they proved in the past!!
I remember reading somewhere that Farsight had 25 employees. I think I even saw a pic of all 25.

I thought Zen games were crap the last time I played them. Maybe I'll give them another try. Does Zen have leaderboards and tournaments like TPA?

karl

May 10, 2012
So, you are saying that you like zen better than Farsight, Biff?

Sorry, just messing with you. Nothing wrong with Zen at all. Different tastes and all that. I just found the article interesting and it looks like you did too :D

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Are Zen producing 1 table a month? 75+ staff (not all programmers, of course) producing 1 (originally-designed) table every, what, 3 months? is going to look a lot better short-term than 25-ish staff producing 1 (based on an existing physical object) table a month. Also that window allows you to "hide" any approval time on non-Steam/Android platforms.

Basically Zen <> FS. Just like Apples <> Oranges.

Now if someone told me ASK had suddenly acquired the Stern license, that would be something to get excited about.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Whoa. Gottlieb tables fall under the Stern license?

You're right, what was I thinking. I'll remove that post and brain fart.
Must have confused Data East / Sega. Not the first time I've mixed them up. Thanks

Too many Mooseheads with dinner I guess. :p

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts