Pinball Arcade now on Steam Greenlight!

ZForceFFC

Jun 7, 2012
Will TPA on Steam have to deal with the same draconian process for DLC that the PS3/360 do? Or will DLC be released roughly along the same clip as the Android/Apple versions. I voted either way, but I might actually switch my platform of choice to PC if it means getting DLC faster

Latin00032

Aug 8, 2012
Nope. Added EUR 5,- and it still won't let me votwon't let me votead:

I tried doing the same thing. I added some money to the account but it won't let me vote. I'm doing this from my phone. I thought i bought a game once. I'm doing this from my phone. I have to wait till i get hinge to see if i actually remember buying a game.

Damn.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
I already own the PS3 version. I'm not voting for this until Farsight can prove to me they are able to update games without completely destroying them.

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
I hope FS take the time to answer whether or not it will support full screen portrait view at launch. Just a yes or no will do.

A bit more PC specific details would be nice, instead of just copied and pasted info.

Thank you.

Last edited:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Created an account to vote and it won't let me, I first have to buy a game.. :mad:

Welcome to the cluster of w@nker$ that are: Steam.

That said - Voted.

Hoping for some REALLY nice PC only stuff, in terms of a decent gaming PC being 10,000 times more powerful in it's abilities than any console. Well, mine is, anyway.

Last edited:

thetrout

Apr 10, 2012
Will TPA on Steam have to deal with the same draconian process for DLC that the PS3/360 do? Or will DLC be released roughly along the same clip as the Android/Apple versions. I voted either way, but I might actually switch my platform of choice to PC if it means getting DLC faster

Patches and DLC can be released whenever the developer wants on Steam. That's one of the major perks for developers - patching updates and selling DLC is really, REALLY easy.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I don't think we'll have full cabinet support (multiple displays, etc) done by the time it launches. As for simple portrait view, it may be in by the time we release. Not sure how long it'll take for Steam to greenlight it.

From what I understand we will be able to release when we want, so it should come out around the same time as the phones.

Steam also allows for beta's. It's up to managment but I imagine they will want to do a beta before each release (similar to the android one). When I have more details I will share.

As for the specs, we don't have a wide variety of PC's here to test with so I'm not sure the min or recommended. I can tell you it runs perfectly fine on a Intel Q6600 quad core 2.4ghz with an nVidia 8800GT. In theory it should run on any decent CPU (we only use 1 core and it runs fine at 2.4ghz. I haven't done profiling so I'm not sure the actual requirements) with a graphics card supporting shader model 3.0 or better and DirectX 9.0c. I'm less familiar with ATI cards, but for nVidia that means GeForce 6 or newer (Possibly some higher end GeForce 5 cards)

epthegeek

Mar 30, 2012
I don't think we'll have full cabinet support (multiple displays, etc) done by the time it launches. As for simple portrait view, it may be in by the time we release. Not sure how long it'll take for Steam to greenlight it.

What's the backup plan if the greenlight votes don't ever total up to enough?

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Even Steam games get pirated so it doesn't matter if games have DRM or not. Pirates will always find a way to get what they want.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
It needs some decent DRM though else it'll be pirated to death.

Uhm , ? Steam is their DRM , If they limit only PC to Steam , which seems to be the plan, then you have very little piracy occurring as the Steam client checks for unauthorised content , which is why they can offer so many games on it, because it is a secure platform for delivering digital content. The risk of getting caught using a unathorised game is total ban, meaning you lose the entire account and all game store items .

Members online

Members online