Pinball Arcade now on Steam Greenlight!

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I already own the PS3 version. I'm not voting for this until Farsight can prove to me they are able to update games without completely destroying them.

Nice for you that you can play on your PS3. I don't own one, nor do I own an XBOX. So would you please vote for TPA on greenlight so I can finally play it on my PC? Pretty please?

CQQLKAT-LEE

Jul 8, 2012
Just tried to vote set up a log in account and it said my account doesn't have sufficient privileges to be able to vote need to buy a game or activate micro privileges or something like that. That's ridiculous just to cast a vote??? Is there something I'm doing wrong or do I actually have to spend money just to vote??

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
It's ok Guys I bought games on Steam in the past and voted for it . But I'm sure VALVE is only looking for current Steam account users to vote on this , since we are the active userbase that buys games .

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
The Steam description says "Platforms: pc, mac".

Am I to assume that this means there will be two Mac versions: Mac App Store and Steam, and that we could see Steam Mac releases well before the Mac App Store?

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Uhm , ? Steam is their DRM , If they limit only PC to Steam , which seems to be the plan, then you have very little piracy occurring as the Steam client checks for unauthorised content , which is why they can offer so many games on it, because it is a secure platform for delivering digital content. The risk of getting caught using a unathorised game is total ban, meaning you lose the entire account and all game store items .

the thing is, when a steam game gets cracked, you do not need any steam client running (same with other 'protection'), nor does steam know, you are playing a cracked steam game...

but you dont have the leaderboards and online... actually you do have online, but its not on the official servers so you are severly limited to your 'buddys'...

pc = easiest-metodh-of-getting-away-with-playing-games-for-free

and running cracked windows, office, adobe and well, everything released on the pc really...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
pc = easiest-metodh-of-getting-away-with-playing-games-for-free

and running cracked windows, office, adobe and well, everything released on the pc really...

Android is just as easy....iOS is pretty easy too.

Like you said, the thing with PC pirating is you usually can't play online with cracked games, and everybody wants to play online, so that cuts down on a lot of piracy.

But there's always going to be pirating on all platforms, even 360 and PS3.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
eh, forgot about mobile devices X)

all stuff that gives you root access has ultra easy access to cracked games...

well i dont play actually anything on my computer apart from magic the gathering online and various emulators for old stuff... for tpa i might consider it, but since i play it allready on xbox... we'll see

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
i agree :)

my reasoning is: why would i want to play stuff i don't care enough to buy and support in the first place?!?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
And by the way, Farsight, could you tell how many people have voted on your game? (Not the percent of the necessary ratings, but how many you have actually gotten?)

EDIT: Damnit, the vote count has gone. Can you guys still tell how many votes you have?

EDIT 2: All votes MUST COUNT. The next 10 Greenlit games will be announced October 15. Don't hold off!

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Sorry if I repost this, but because they removed the percentage bar, would you give out updates weekly on how you guys are doing with Greenlight (ranking and votes)? Like what Pin Wiz does with his XBLA Sales updates?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Side note...id assumed Your dev team had everything lock stock and barrel, guess everyone has a boss eh, i guess geeks never do make great management...compliment!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts