Zen Pinball - Star Wars

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Just discovered Android Zen has a table free view mode, exactly like the xbox version. Been playing this for 2 months and didn't know it was there.
Just press and keep your finger on the camera button, then the devices tilt sensors pan you around the table.

Of course, when you do that, for some reason FarSight gets $2.99 from ya. Go figger.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Downloaded the 3 table pack .

Boba Fett ~ tough table , not as good as the other 2 in my opinion , trying to get to the good parts , still a nice effort .

CLone Wars animated ~ very good at capturing the CG animated series , still murky on the goals , nice layout overall

SW Episode 5 The EMpire Strikes Back ~ best of the 3 , exciting toys , getting Vader Fury and cinema scenes seems easy , lightsaber remote practice , and more to enjoy .

The first 3 tables are as good as advertised , and it's nice to have the tables match the graphics of the preview videos they showed . Zen Studios plans 7 more pinballs in the StarWars sets .Hope one is a Princess Leia theme . Too bad they didnt have these out sooner so my nephew could enjoy them when he visited.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks Sin. The Empire Stikes Back table looked to be my first choice. But that will definitely be my first buy after reading your post.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Your welcome , I'm a huge Boba Fett fan , and I have nothing but joy when I play it , had a round where after the bounty mission goal was completed Slave 1 (his ship) flew in from offscreen and when I shot a pinball into the cargo hold it took off BOUNTY COLLECTED !. Fett sometimes rescues ball drains with his grappling hook , and animated Jabba the Hutt and Vader also make appearances . It's cool , but the other 2 tables outshine it .

The Star Wars franchise is the perfect license for Zen's style of "fantasy pinball", this is going to make them bigger than ever.

I had the pleasure of trying my PS Vita versions , no tradeoffs for the portable versions, I can't tell the difference , the Vita version is identical to the PS3 versions.

It's crisp and clean , and alot of care and hard work went into making it look as good as PS3's version. I still dont care for the Marvel or Zen core tables , but StarWars Zen Pinball is everything it should be.

are you aware of the plans to do a Kolchak feature film?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I just tried the demos for Empire and Fett. They did a great job with the theme ... but I just feel bored.
To me with Zen I just bat the ball around. The rule sets don't jump out at me. I can figure out the Pinball Arcade ones I never played pretty quick though. I'm just really having a hard time getting into the Zen tables. I wish I liked them, but something doesn't feel right.

Fearmonkey

Dec 2, 2012
Clone Wars is my favorite of the three so far. Not liking Boba Fett so much. Empire is okay-ish so far. I'll obviously have to give each table more time before I reach a final verdict of course. :p

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
All 3 tables are great. Really did a great job with the uniqueness of the different settings.

I played CLone Wars first and I was surprised how interesting and varied the missions were. Personally I thought it would be ramp Spam but I was pleasantly surprised.

ESB Wow so much to do. Stacked modes galore stages to each mission some really unique stuff. This table has a ton of stuff to do and it's only day 1.

Boba- Love the fact that you can choose how challenging the mission can be. It's mostly about the timer based but still it's a nice touch. got BOBA FE and that was it for tonight. Really focused on the ESB table

That said so far of the 3 I like ESB the most followed by BOBA then CW. That's how it stands now but that will change once I delve into Boba.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Although I have lost interest a bit in Zen after TPA, I will for sure get all the Star Wars tables. I just love Star Wars. :)

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
Just grabbed episode V table for both android and iOS and boba for android only. Honestly not interested in the clone wars. Maybe I,ll get it when I am bored with everything else. Yeah new pinball.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
How did u get the Star Wars table for iOS? My app shows no DLC...

50qpew.jpg

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
Their server is down, I was able to get one table downloaded after 12 retries on iOS. New tables appear after the request to the server which seems to fail for you (and many others), that is why you don't see them. My Android devices also do not show the new tables (one doesn't show any, another displays them as "coming soon").

N

Nik Barbour

Android is a stand alone app called 'Star Wars Pinball', try searching your app store maybe.

Can't download my table though - think the servers must be overloaded.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Purchased all three Star Wars tables on the Xbox 360 with no problem, but I can't seem to download any of the Star Wars tables on my Galaxy S III. I actually had to uninstall then reinstall Zen Pinball HD on my phone to even see the new Star Wars tables. I managed to purchase all three of them from Google Play, but when I restore purchases, all my other purchased tables download except for the three Star Wars tables. I keep getting "An error occured (yes, that's the way it's spelled onscreen) while downloading. Please try again later". I guess I'll give it another try before I head off to work later on.

By the way, I'm really enjoying all three Star Wars tables on the Xbox 360. Definitely a step in the right direction for Zen Studios. It's nice to finally get to play a few tables without generic background music. :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Bought the Boba Fett table on ios and they are indeed having server issues, took many retries to download. Also tried to go to Zen's forum but that wouldn't load either. Anyway initial impressions are quite good, way better than all that marvel crap. Things that annoy me with Zen's game, I hate the flipper sound! its so overpowering yet turning down sound physics volume means you lose out on other sounds. Also I prefer to play pinball in portrait on my ipad but with zen portrait is just horrible, too overhead or too far away whichever view you choose. In landscape I go round and round the camera views trying to find a nice balance but I'm never happy. I usually end up playing in landscape view 6 but it still isn't right.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Purchased all three Star Wars tables on the Xbox 360 with no problem, but I can't seem to download any of the Star Wars tables on my Galaxy S III. I actually had to uninstall then reinstall Zen Pinball HD on my phone to even see the new Star Wars tables. I managed to purchase all three of them from Google Play, but when I restore purchases, all my other purchased tables download except for the three Star Wars tables. I keep getting "An error occured (yes, that's the way it's spelled onscreen) while downloading. Please try again later". I guess I'll give it another try before I head off to work later on.

By the way, I'm really enjoying all three Star Wars tables on the Xbox 360. Definitely a step in the right direction for Zen Studios. It's nice to finally get to play a few tables without generic background music. :)

Android servers appear to be working again for both standalone and Pinball HD app.

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
On android I had to uninstall and reinstall to get working. On ios as others have said there are having server issues. It hung at 95% on episode V and never would start boba dl'ing. I had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to show up. I am still waiting on iOS.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Bought the Boba Fett table on ios and they are indeed having server issues, took many retries to download. Also tried to go to Zen's forum but that wouldn't load either. Anyway initial impressions are quite good, way better than all that marvel crap. Things that annoy me with Zen's game, I hate the flipper sound! its so overpowering yet turning down sound physics volume means you lose out on other sounds. Also I prefer to play pinball in portrait on my ipad but with zen portrait is just horrible, too overhead or too far away whichever view you choose. In landscape I go round and round the camera views trying to find a nice balance but I'm never happy. I usually end up playing in landscape view 6 but it still isn't right.
The sound in general needs work in Zen. I've adjusted the music volume to be louder and it still is way too quiet. There's far too many times where the tables are just too quiet in general. They're really busy, active tables and yet the sound is often hollow and empty and randomly quiet.

Tabe

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
Just got ESB and went ahead and got CW for variety on ios. They took all morning to complete on my iPhone 5. Android was real quick. Boba Fett's table was OK but I decided against getting it on my tiny phone's screen. CW turned out better than I expected. On my nexus 7 and tf700 they look amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.