Bug iOS Version 1.2.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
iPad 4, 6.1.3 Centaur
No crashes so far, but there is a dead zone to the left of the right flipper. Placing my thumbs in the same place as every other game, flipper doesn't flip. Have to move right thumb further right to make it work.

Same thing with Pinbot. Tried Ripley's for a test and all was good. Want to bet moving the Startrek launch button lamed the right flipper on the new tables?
Maybe if the rest of you can ever get to play a game you can confirm?
Portrait, btw.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Do the nudge zones appear in the free version? I don't see them and have tried the pausing/changing nudge options trick posted earlier and don't see them?
Go into Table Options, and set Show Nudge Zones: On.

Same thing with Pinbot. Tried Ripley's for a test and all was good. Want to bet moving the Startrek launch button lamed the right flipper on the new tables?
Maybe if the rest of you can ever get to play a game you can confirm?
Portrait, btw.
This can happen if you have not yet set a touch scheme for a table. Go into Table Options, and choose any touch scheme other than the one currently displayed. Resume play, then go back into Table Options and set the touch scheme to the one you actually want.

btmmayor

Apr 12, 2012
Go into Table Options, and set Show Nudge Zones: On.

I didn't see the option for it not even thinking to scroll down on the options screen. Duh!! Thank you.

Now I just hope the table crash issues in the paid version get sorted out. Love the new tables.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Device: iPhone 5
Table Affected: Centaur
Frequency: 100%
Issue: Pop bumpers don't register for scoring. About half of the hits on the right bumper and about 25% of the hits on the left actually register for the 1000 points.

Pejota

Aug 20, 2012
Also saw the crash on table load on my iPhone 5 with 6.1.4. Tried deleting and reinstalling PBA and the bug went away until I replaced my pba.dat with my backed up version. I really don't want to lose my scores and goals.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Also saw the crash on table load on my iPhone 5 with 6.1.4. Tried deleting and reinstalling PBA and the bug went away until I replaced my pba.dat with my backed up version. I really don't want to lose my scores and goals.

You can save your scores remotely on the FS server then load them again in the new app. Go to the main menu's options then scroll to "back up save data" near the bottom of the list. I don't think there's any reason to replace the pba.dat file since FS enabled this feature.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I have the same problem as many others - the game crashes when I enter a table to play it (during the fly-over). Crash logs have been sent to Stuart.

iPhone 4s, 6.1.2.

DITTO

iPod Touch, 4th gen 6.1.2

Man, first the PS3 leaderboards and now this.. :( I guess I'll move onto the Kindle Fire HD for the time being.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yep. iOS 5.1.1 on my iPod... crashes at launch. Not even the free app works.

Last edited:

Pejota

Aug 20, 2012
You can save your scores remotely on the FS server then load them again in the new app. Go to the main menu's options then scroll to "back up save data" near the bottom of the list. I don't think there's any reason to replace the pba.dat file since FS enabled this feature.

Wow, I had no idea that saving it remotely was added as an option, so thanks for that! I just rolled back to 1.2.7, replaced my backup of pba.dat, backed up remotely, then re-upgraded to 1.2.8 and surprisingly no more crashes. I didn't even have to restore from the remote backup, go figure.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
iPad1 can only be upgraded to 5.1.1, which crashes instantly every time.

This is an all time low, even for FarSight. You get kind of used to the buggy tables but not even being able to open the app? I guess it will take an additional week for them to get it through Apple-approval, or what do you think?

wannabepba

Jul 28, 2012
Ipad 2, 6.1.3
App version 1.2.8
Bought Season 2 Pro Pack
Refreshed all tables

App crashes when opening any table (stopped at 3 tables)

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Middle left nudge zone results in tilt on first touch in Central Park. Seems all other zones work fine.

I am not seeing this behavior; I can touch the middle left zone 7 or 8 times before tilting. Same with middle right nudge zone.

Velly intellesting! I noticed that diagonal nudges tilted Genie with one touch earlier today but was waiting until the flurry of new posts slowed down to report it... but now I tried CP and Genie and they're just fine, keeping in mind that diagonal nudges are more severe than single-axis nudges.

Chris, have you changed your nudge scheme from A to something else, played a bit, and then changed it back? I did notice some strange "nudgeness" happening (and other people have reported a partially dead flipper zone) until I did that.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Luckily, I haven't experienced any crashes on my iDevices as so many of you have but I was just reading some posts and had a thought... Have any of you tried deleting your tables in the Manage Tables options then re-downloading them? Also, logging out of your farsight account and then logging back in again? ... just throwing ideas at the wall to see if anything sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.