PS3 NA Version 2.14 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I don't have a convenient way to get pics of them posted here at the moment. I'm sure someone will post pics soon enough though.

It looks like they each correspond to a specific table. Like the first one has the martian face from AFM on it.

I qualified for the eyeball in the tournament but I wasn't in the top ten or anything like that. I bet it has something to do with owning all of the tables or completing the goals possibly.

I don't know what it could be. I didn't place in the tourney because I don't think I even played all the tables. I bought every table so far though. And have Wizard goals all done on a few. Don't notice a single one I didn't have to begin with. Odd

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Snap a few pics if you can. of any of the new ones. Really curious now. Did you win any tournaments or anything?

Wow you got that right. The smile and 8 ball look fantastic now.

Yeah, I see 20 balls added.

pictures coming up shortly.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, I see 20 balls added.

pictures coming up shortly.

Cool, glad there's someone around more on top of things than me. I'm off to bed anyway, I'll let you guys figure out what else is new and catch up tomorrow.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Must be something to do with the tournament because i own all tables as well, plus im a season 2 pass owner. I didnt play in the tourney. (Cant remember why :confused: huh) Did both of you guys, ER777 & Spoonman, place fairly well?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Thanks for taking pics.
I'm wondering if it's a season pack perk...if so, I'm annoyed.

Edit: Shot down that thought. haha

Edit2: Would love it if each table had a Wizard goal ball.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for taking pics.
I'm wondering if it's a season pack perk...if so, I'm annoyed.

Edit: Shot down that thought. haha

Edit2: Would love it if each table had a Wizard goal ball.

Sorry it took me so long.. Photobucket on the iPod is beyond useless for sharing photos!
20 minutes later.. the laptop comes out.. hehe
20NewPinballs_TPA-vgo.png

I think one of the balls might be missing it's texture map, unless it's supposed to be all black.
A few are pretty neat (golf ball, pool ball), but really, you aren't missing too much here if you don't have 'em.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Must be something to do with the tournament because i own all tables as well, plus im a season 2 pass owner. I didnt play in the tourney. (Cant remember why :confused: huh) Did both of you guys, ER777 & Spoonman, place fairly well?
It may be tied to the custom ball add-ons. It's been confirmed that you get the eyeball one, when you buy both the TZ and Star Trek custom balls. Most likely, once you buy those two add-ons the other custom balls will unlock as well.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
@spoonman: Thanks for the pictures. Yeah, I don't have a single one of those. I really would like to see what the people that have them have in common.
I really like the golf+billiards ball and the lightning and knight ones aren't too bad either.
Very odd...

Edit: Maybe the all black one is for Black Hole ;)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
@spoonman: Thanks for the pictures. Yeah, I don't have a single one of those. I really would like to see what the people that have them have in common.
I really like the golf+billiards ball and the lightning and knight ones aren't too bad either.
Very odd...

Edit: Maybe the all black one is for Black Hole ;)

No problem man. Thanks for letting me know about the update on PSN.

Hehe.. Maybe you are right about the Black Hole ball.

Anyone find any other updates?
I was just thinking.. If Farsight ever does start including a Changelog we won't have all of this fun guessing what might have changed. :p

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm not too crazy about the change to the ball reflection. While it looks nice on some tables (TOTAN), it ends up looking like glass or crystal in others (Dr Dude).

In fact, it makes tables such as Cirqus Voltaire and Theatre of Magic much harder to play with the ball almost disappearing into the darkness. Hopefully this can be adjusted.

Here you can see how this is a problem, but when it's moving fast its nearly impossible to see. :(
null_zpsb8841299.jpg

Last edited:

Boggystyle

Jul 2, 2012
I think I'm just as happy to have the "friends" leaderboard fixed as I would have been with new tables; it got a tad tedious searching for friends' scores on the "all" list. It's nice to know what I'm up against again.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I'm not too crazy about the change to the ball reflection. While it looks nice on some tables (TOTAN), it ends up looking like glass or crystal in others (Dr Dude).

In fact, it makes tables such as Cirqus Voltaire and Theatre of Magic much harder to play with the ball almost disappearing into the darkness. Hopefully this can be adjusted.

Here you can see how this is a problem, but when it's moving fast its nearly impossible to see. :(

Hey! I thought it was a bug. And reading this, I am convinced that is a new bug.

I launch Funhouse, using the green ball as usual. But, surprise, there was no reflection on the ball, no light FX. A dark green colour (very awful by the way). I quit, go to the ball selection menu, choose the standard ball, relaunch a game... and the same thing happens. No reflection! The ball looks almost translucid (and hard to see, as on your screenshot).
So, I start a game on Monster Bash, same thing!

Ooooops, bug alert!!

I quit and relaunch the game, and the ball reflection was back to normal (for the standard ball, I didn't retry with the green ball... because I'm pretty sure that the reflection change of color balls occurs a bug with the reflection of the standard ball).

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Hey! I thought it was a bug. And reading this, I am convinced that is a new bug.

I launch Funhouse, using the green ball as usual. But, surprise, there was no reflection on the ball, no light FX. A dark green colour (very awful by the way). I quit, go to the ball selection menu, choose the standard ball, relaunch a game... and the same thing happens. No reflection! The ball looks almost translucid (and hard to see, as on your screenshot).
So, I start a game on Monster Bash, same thing!

Ooooops, bug alert!!

I quit and relaunch the game, and the ball reflection was back to normal (for the standard ball, I didn't retry with the green ball... because I'm pretty sure that the reflection change of color balls occurs a bug with the reflection of the standard ball).

It did that exact same thing to me the first time I played after the update. All the balls were dark and flat, very difficult to see on darker tables. I went into the Extras menu to change it to the R2-D2 ball (not sure what else to call the silver/blue stripey one) and it had this bizarre PINK lighting to it.

Played for a few tables, exited the game to go eat, and when I fired it back up, that was all gone and the balls were incredibly shiny and metallic. The green one looks almost 3D on my screen. They are still slightly darker, but yeah, something has changed in the ball lighting and effects, and it *may* be my imagination but it seems to "settle down" just a bit more realistic-like when trapping and doing some intense flipper work. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, I almost posted this last night but I wasn't 100% sure that my system wasn't bugging out after the weird ball stuff going on immediately after the update. There also seems to be less frame drop and stutter when the ball is flying around the lower half of the playfield, IMO. Very good update all around!!

Now just give us some controller mapping and an option to disable those two-stage flippers and we're REALLY getting somewhere guys!

Definitely more than just fixed leaderboards here.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Sorry it took me so long.. Photobucket on the iPod is beyond useless for sharing photos!
20 minutes later.. the laptop comes out.. hehe
20NewPinballs_TPA-vgo.png

I think one of the balls might be missing it's texture map, unless it's supposed to be all black.
A few are pretty neat (golf ball, pool ball), but really, you aren't missing too much here if you don't have 'em.

Cool. It seems that they are each base on a different table. Let's see if anyone can help me fill in the blanks. Starting from the top left and moving right before going into the next row:

1. Theatre of Magic (the trunk)
2. Taxi
3. ?
4. Scared Stiff
5. Ripley's
6. ?
7. Monster Bash (Frankenstein's Monster)
8. Medieval Madness
9. Black Knight
10. Harley Davidson
11. Gorgar
12. No Good Gophers
13. Genie
14. Funhouse
15. Creature From the Black Lagoon
16. ?
17. Bride of Pinbot
18. ?
19. Big Shot
20. Attack From Mars

That leaves Totan, Black Hole, Cirqus Voltaire, and Elvira and the Party Monsters for the question marks. (Assuming these are all season 1 tables.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
I just updated but no balls did I miss something?

Yeah has anyone determined if these are part of a ball-pack, or just supposed to "be there"? I don't have them, but I have never bought any custom balls thru PSN. If I get all of these by purchasing a ball pack, I may just do that.

A little clarification, FarSight? I'd love to give you some more of my money, but it would be nice to know that there is something new to get, ya know? ;)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Played for a few tables, exited the game to go eat, and when I fired it back up, that was all gone and the balls were incredibly shiny and metallic. The green one looks almost 3D on my screen. They are still slightly darker, but yeah, something has changed in the ball lighting and effects, and it *may* be my imagination but it seems to "settle down" just a bit more realistic-like when trapping and doing some intense flipper work.

Reading your statement, it seems there is a problem for me with the custom balls (1.10 european patch). Smiley ball and Eight ball look good without the reflection, but green and red balls are awful. No shiny and metallic effect at all.
But the worst is when I set back to the standard ball, it's like on the screenshot posted above: I can barely see it. I have to quit and restart TPA, and the standard ball is fine again.
So, if I choose again a custom "colored" ball (the green or red one), the same bug occurs: no shiny effects (dark and flat) and it messes up the standard ball.

There also seems to be less frame drop and stutter when the ball is flying around the lower half of the playfield, IMO. Very good update all around!!

Yeah, I'm not crazy!

Actually, I found that the lag in 1920x1080 has been drastically reduced... and the game is a last playable in this resolution! \o/

Frame stutter (ball "hiccup") is still obvious but happens much less often.

-----------------------------------------------------
EDIT: by the way >

"- The overall sound level seems to have been increased (see this thread > http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2980-Lower-sound-than-my-other-games ). I don't need anymore to turn up the volume when I launch TPA (1.10 european version). It has now almost the same volume level than my other games (still a little bit lower, but it's way better than before)."

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
I'm going to switch back to 1080p for a few games and see how it holds up at that resolution. I've got it dialed in pretty good at 720 with game mode enabled and that's made it very playable recently... almost as tight as PHOF.

That's strange about your balls. (uhhhhh.... ok yeah I just typed that) I can't comment on the EU version, we're on 2.14 here I don't know what the differences are, and without any sort of changelog or info from FarSight, we're all just sort of guessing here. I do know that exiting out of the game, back to XMB and restarting it 45 minutes later, everything was cleared up and all the balls were fixed, with the new lighting and shadow under it. I've never seen those blue and green balls glitter so much! It's actually so cool it can be distracting.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ok . when they gave TZ Kickstart backers all a Pro Mode table but not STTTNG backers , I did not complain . But if you're telling me because I bought every Season One table at full price and not the Season 1 pass that I don't get the Season 1 Ball set , then that's going too far , I paid more , and I deserve the set just as much as any Season Pass owner , more so as a early adopter.!!
overindulging much mods? I posted in bold instead of the ruder allcaps to show I was very upset , but hell if you prefer I'll use the gratuitous punctuation marks

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Ok . when they gave TZ Kickstart backers all a Pro Mode table but not STTTNG backers , I did not complain . But if you're telling me because I bought every Season One table at full price and not the Season 1 pass that I don't get the Season 1 Ball set , then that's going too far , I paid more , and I deserve the set just as much as any Season Pass owner , more so as a early adopter.

I don't think it's that. Pretty sure spoonman would have had all season one by the time the passes came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.