Bug Android Version 1.18.1 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7 1st Gen / 4.3

Bug Description: HH "Monster Bonus" display shows "12345" after TPA is suspended and restarted

Steps To Reproduce: Start HH, suspend app by pausing and returning to Home screen, and then resume app.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: This may be debugging text left in place as a placeholder graphic. As the bonus is updated, the static image is replaced by the actual bonus digits. This is similar to score section of the HUD display digits going blank upon resuming the game.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Ok seeing the T2 side by sides something is definitely changing. The labels on the arrows leading into the skull for instance appear ever so slightly out of focus in the first SS posted (top down). It's subtle but areas like the red ring border around the 3 drop targets in the center and the shape of the arrow targets on the skill shot side all seem slightly smoother. These are not the changes I noticed the first time around when "it worked" in the betas so I was looking for the obvious glitches from the past to compare but honestly don't remember if I ever tried "changing it back to ON" in the betas since HH was the only table that seemed to be unable to handle the performance hit and I'm not a crazy huge HH fan in the first place ;).

For whatever it's worth, I think it's doing something......

Yes, now that I have the pictures on my PC it's easier to tell by flipping back and fourth. Mipmapping off looks much better than on.
Is that how it's supposed to be?

Here's a cropped version of both. It should be easier to flip between the two on a larger screen with this aspect ratio.
With it turned on, the text on the arrows under the skull become very blurry.

Unfortunately I notice a lot of jaggies with it off, but I'd rather have that than all of the detail blurred.

Mipmapping ON
crop-TPA-T2-Mipmapped-vgo.png

MipMapping OFF
crop-TPA-T2-Not_Mipmapped-vgo.png

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yes, now that I have the pictures on my PC it's easier to tell by flipping back and fourth. Mipmapping off looks much better than on.
Is that how it's supposed to be?

Here's a cropped version of both. It should be easier to flip between the two on a larger screen with this aspect ratio.
With it turned on, the text on the arrows under the skull become very blurry.

Unfortunately I notice a lot of jaggies with it off, but I'd rather have that than all of the detail blurred.

Mipmapping ON
crop-TPA-T2-Mipmapped-vgo.png

MipMapping OFF
crop-TPA-T2-Not_Mipmapped-vgo.png

Yes, off = best setting for newer devices.

I still think this menu setting needs to be better explained in the What's New part of the app listing, or the menu item changed to something more meaningful for the average punter.

Also, jagged edges suggests you might want to activate MSAA x4 graphics setting in the developer options of your device. That should smooth things out a bit for you. May cause a performance issue, so test it out and see how it goes.

Last edited:

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7 1st gen / 4.3

Bug Description: HH does not register extra balls from main floor kickout

Steps To Reproduce:

Light the EB target by knocking down four drop targets and shoot into the kicker.
Extra Ball is not awarded and light remains lit.
Achievement is not unlocked, and "Shoot Again" light is not lit.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: An early beta did award the achievement, but I've since cleared the table data and re-downloaded the rez with the new release.

FIXED in the "d" build. EB earned from both main level and attic, with playfield Shoot Again lit & achievement earned.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Vers 18.d
HH
I could archive the Extraball goal, but only at the second time. At the first time, the ball in the right target and blinking extraball was ignored. Maybe its a timing issue? In depends of light on/off and the ball hit the goal?

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 4

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Teed Off and Haunted House both had an issue with the barrel spring protruding past the bounds of the cabinet.

This had been fixed (this post originally reported the issue, but I decided to get a screen shot and discovered the issue was fixed :))

Last edited:

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Vers 18.d
HH
I could archive the Extraball goal, but only at the second time. At the first time, the ball in the right target and blinking extraball was ignored. Maybe its a timing issue? In depends of light on/off and the ball hit the goal?

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 4

You have to hit the EB when the light is on. If the ball bumps the target on the way in the hole, the light will go out. This is in the table rules -- it's not an easy shot!

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7 / 4.3

Bug Description: Scoring over 1M on HH won't register.

Steps To Reproduce: Score 1M+

Frequency: ?

Additional Comments: This bug was present in early beta but fixed in the 18c update.

Still OK in the "d" release. I was able to score 1.3M in the game, and it registers on the local high score table. Alas, had airplane mode on so TPA didn't phone home to the leaderboard servers.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013

Bug Description: HH attic is h-h-h-haunted! Model glitch to the left of attic pop bumper acts like magnet, can get ball stuck

Steps To Reproduce: This one is hard to catch: the ball needs to be fairly low-velocity in the attic to notice. On the drop-target side of the attic (player's left), there is an invisible... something... on the table that grabs the ball and slings it into the pop bumper. It's most noticeable when you can perform a trap with the left flipper.

Frequency: When ball is slow enough: 100%. Not noticeable during faster play.

Additional Comments: Once -- and so far only once -- I was able to get the ball stuck on this spot, causing it to bounce off the pop bumper repeatedly and presumably, infinitely. This could be a high score exploit, albeit a slow one. Recommend turning double-scoring on the attic first to really make the most of this cheat. :) The behavior of the ball acts very much like there is a magnet under the upper playfield, like the idol in RBION. Not sure what's going on here, must assume demonic possession of table and/or tablet.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for the reports guys! This pack was a bear for various reasons. For you ios users out there a patch is in submission that fixes these and many other bugs that Android users didn't see. Aside from cameras in HH being a bit too far out and the message warning for mipmaping was there anything else major that the d build did not address?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I'll send this one to art, sounds like a funky collision.

Bug Description: HH attic is h-h-h-haunted! Model glitch to the left of attic pop bumper acts like magnet, can get ball stuck

Steps To Reproduce: This one is hard to catch: the ball needs to be fairly low-velocity in the attic to notice. On the drop-target side of the attic (player's left), there is an invisible... something... on the table that grabs the ball and slings it into the pop bumper. It's most noticeable when you can perform a trap with the left flipper.

Additional Comments: Once -- and so far only once -- I was able to get the ball stuck on this spot, causing it to bounce off the pop bumper repeatedly and presumably, infinitely. This could be a high score exploit, albeit a slow one. Recommend turning double-scoring on the attic first to really make the most of this cheat. :) The behavior of the ball acts very much like there is a magnet under the upper playfield, like the idol in RBION. Not sure what's going on here, must assume demonic possession of table and/or tablet.

N

netizen

Thanks for the reports guys! This pack was a bear for various reasons. For you ios users out there a patch is in submission that fixes these and many other bugs that Android users didn't see. Aside from cameras in HH being a bit too far out and the message warning for mipmaping was there anything else major that the d build did not address?

OTOH:
The operators menu functionality for Tee'd Off. - pressing the reset button doesn't re-enable free play. pressing the start button, before the enter button, in the operators menu consumes a credit and begins a game while in the table explore view. In addition to the buttons not functioning as directed on the dmd instructions making most setting inaccessible.
The d build re-introduced the scrolling/locked error in the options menu, but it only happens when viewing the options menu from the plunge screen.
The Tee'd Off DMD animations running slow
The skins mode being very glitchy or not well documented.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

Improved camera angles are great, but for Tee'd Off, you excluded the best one you had! The portrait mode camera angle that was the furthest away was perfect and much better than the new ones because you could just make out how many lights you had lit for "skins!". There are red lights that light up for each letter in "skins!". These red lights are placed below actual playfield, on the left side right above the instructions slip. They are a part of the actual table that should be, and were, in your digital version, and I found myself checking them regularly. Could you make that angle available as an option again? Made a great difference compared to the angle options available now, they area Little too high up on the table. At least one angle should have these lights visible. Or if you could at least have the light displayed at top corner or something. (The "Gopher" lights are not as important and I could do without.)

(I had some problems updating to b and c version so this might not be adressed specifically to d-version)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

You're not going crazy, I can reproduce this as well. Reliably.

The spot for me was on the left side of the pop bumper as you reported. I could not get the ball to be trapped there, however there is a definite issue (similar to the sherrif's star on Cactus Canyon throwing the ball around before it was fixed).

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Wrong camera switches related to the plunger.

SS: During multiball camera switches to the plunger when a ball is autolaunched from there which can lead to a loss of the multball. Frequency about 5%.
CC: Camera switches to the playfield if plunger pull is too weak to actually launch the ball (ball is at the plunger). May lead to crash of the game. Frequency 100%
BH: When event camera is set to off the lower playfield is cut off. Event Camera should automatically be activated in BH.
Gorgar: First ball goes unvisible when plunger is pulled very fast after starting the table. Frequency ca. 10%.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I was told that this is a rom setting and I don't believe there is any plan to fix this. Feel free to put it in the generic forum though, this won't be an android only bug.

Pin*Bot STILL won't hand out EBs for score or collecting the special, what a surprise..:thumbdown:

(Yes, I even emaild support about it)

N

netizen

I was told that this is a rom setting and I don't believe there is any plan to fix this. Feel free to put it in the generic forum though, this won't be an android only bug.

It is an Android only bug as iOS hands out EBs from the reports in this thread

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
odd, then perhaps there was some miscommunication. Let me version bump that one for the next build. Thanks for the clarification net! =)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ill post a build soon with the HH camera fix, HH bumper acting like a magnet, and the Pinbot eb's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.