The PS3 "super patch"

Dream Demon

Banned
Feb 15, 2014
Hey grasshopper,

I understand where your coming from and it's still something I got my supervisor pushing for. It's just the timing right now with our current projects will not allow us to pull resources to fix it in time for the mega patch. With that said, these issues have been rekindled in a way that I can pursue getting the fixes for it. As for the reworks, from what I was told they were tossed in with a developed table. An example would be Creature from the black lagoon was the table sold and Black Knight was reworked and added in. As for the season 3 pass, it will be available after all the tables have been released for season 3. Our team has went through some changes over the past few months (me included) so feel free to email our customer support and were always looking for ways fix any problems, address questions or concerns, or even share a laugh.

My only questions are will the bumper bug from "Attack from Mars" be fixed? / Will the initial Box bug from "Class of 1812" be fixed? / and will the "Save the Spell" bug from "Scared Stiff" be fixed?

That's all I really care about.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
The "Post" bugs were fixed in AFM and Cactus Canyon. For those that don't know, the Post Collisions were sticking out to far causing the ball to deflect into the center drain.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The "Post" bugs were fixed in AFM and Cactus Canyon. For those that don't know, the Post Collisions were sticking out to far causing the ball to deflect into the center drain.

On AFM, can you please check the left post on the entrance of the inner loop (just to the left of the spaceship) going to the ball lock. If you shoot a weak shot that does not make it all the way to the ball lock, the ball will come back out of the inner loop, hit the left post and go straight to the right outlane.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
What a good news! I hope there will be no "last minute" complications this time.:eek: (but it was for the best, as more fixes have been included due to the delay)

Yep, it's normal. Files can't be attached to a message, "in order to preserve server space" (PinWiz quote ^^)

Sounds good, very good. \o/ Two questions:

Do you know if the custom ball texture bug has been fixed?

Did you finally succeed to fix the White Water bug?

Will be the famous PS3 flipper lag gone forever? No more passionate debate on this forum about this? We'll see!

Thank YOU to keep us in touch and provides all these news. It's really really appreciated. PS3 players won't feel alone anymore. :p

Hey Tann,

What is the custom ball bug?

The White Water Bug has evaded us, however since all of the tables will have new Rez.files, were highly confident that with the new updated White Water, (completely different Rez file) will resolve the issue. We tried to recreate this problem by bringing in several of our own personal PS3s to recreate the bug but we were not able to reproduce the bug.

As for the flipper lag, from what I tested there was none. The tables were running at 59. something frames per second even with multiball in 1080p. I had a few screen shots I wanted to post but from what I heard, I used up my data on pictures for the Vita mega patch update pictures.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
On AFM, can you please check the left post on the entrance of the inner loop (just to the left of the spaceship) going to the ball lock. If you shoot a weak shot that does not make it all the way to the ball lock, the ball will come back out of the inner loop, hit the left post and go straight to the right outlane.

Hey Pin Wiz,

From what I remember, thats how the real tables post is, the post does stick out on the left side of the inner ball lock lane. I will look into it on Monday though and give you a reply.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Hey Tann,

What is the custom ball bug?

Hi FlippyFloppy,

The custom ball bug is this > http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...pdate-balls-are-too-shiny-dark-on-some-tables

See the post #7, #9, #11 for a complete feedback of the bug behavior.

When you select a custom ball, it's like the texture lighting is not displayed (the ball has a dark color). And when you come back to the regular ball, it's kind of translucent (like glass, no metallic and shiny FX)

A master issue have been opened by PinWiz (00-503) > http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ple-Table-Issues?p=90491&viewfull=1#post90491

But I checked yesterday and the bug is still there (1.15 EU version -the bug popped up in 1.10 EU version/2.14 US version): I set the custom ball to the green one on Rbion, and the ball is dark, like there is no lighting on it. Going back to the regular ball, the ball is like "translucent".
Then I launch MB, and the regular ball looks still like glass.

The only way to fix it is to relaunch TPA.

It seems the bug has never been fixed, although it was announced.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for the updates Flippy. I look forward to the changes.

By any chance do you know if they were able to add the option to play your own music via the PS3 XMB in this patch?
I've been bugging Farsight since The Williams Pinball Hall of Fame collection and just about a year ago they said this is something they will definitely consider.

This is a feature I use all the time with Zen Pinball and I think it would be awesome to use with TPA as well.
A few if the older games (Black Hole for instance) can get a bit repetitive after a while. Being able to play some 80s music in the background would bring me back to my old arcade days. :)

Or the other thing I mentioned... Grabbing the excellent Arcade Ambience collections and hearing all of the old arcade sounds while playing pinball. :)

If this isn't included please take it into consideration for the future. Thanks.

I'll assume the XMB music player for the PS3 is not going to be in this patch based on the lack of replies.
It would have been nice, but that's OK.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Indeed that is what I was referring to. I have yet to complete the last standard goal because it takes about an hour just to get 10 jet bumper hits.
There is a good advise in the strategy section. During a Multiball, as long as the ball save is active let the balls drain so that they are shot into the bumpers again.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hey Pin Wiz,

From what I remember, thats how the real tables post is, the post does stick out on the left side of the inner ball lock lane. I will look into it on Monday though and give you a reply.

Hey PiN WiZ,

I checked it out on our real table and the same thing happens depending on the ball speed. So no change should be needed for the post collision there.

Dream Demon

Banned
Feb 15, 2014
That's not a bug, just a low setting. Same thing happens with Firepower

I've asked about the issue and was told, on 3 seperate occasions, that the Jet Bumpers will be fixed.

Bug, low setting, whatever. I just want to finish that darn goal. I play a real AFM table all the time, and never have the bumpers been that non responsive.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I'll assume the XMB music player for the PS3 is not going to be in this patch based on the lack of replies.
It would have been nice, but that's OK.

Hey Spoonman,

For some reason I was thinking everyone was talking about the Sound Settings, regarding the XMB music player is not one of the features we implemented.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Hey slidebite,

The patch will not change how many controllers can function for multi-player.

This is the only turn based multi-player game on the PS3 that I've ever played that doesn't support multiple controllers. Why does FarSight act like this is some kind of luxury option. I'm actually surprised that Sony approved the game without multiple controller support. Almost two years later...kind of ridiculous for something that should have been there to begin with.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I've asked about the issue and was told, on 3 seperate occasions, that the Jet Bumpers will be fixed.

Bug, low setting, whatever. I just want to finish that darn goal. I play a real AFM table all the time, and never have the bumpers been that non responsive.

The way it is now isn't even that hard. I've gotten super jets many, many times.

Members online

Members online