Controller support for Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I intend to highlight this thread in the upcoming _TPA BarCade_ episode. Let's see what happens...

K

Korven

YaY, I'm pretty anxious for non-rooted controller support but even though I don't care personally about my scores or achievements, I think cloud support is definitely a great idea!

I'm a big sucker for the HoF-points myself. Losing 20K if my droid breaks down would probably suck all the fun out of the game for me.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I intend to highlight this thread in the upcoming _TPA BarCade_ episode. Let's see what happens...

What exactly did you intend to highlight?
The whole Android TPA support front has been seriously in question for me for months now - getting on for a year.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I think a year is a bit harsh seeing as we have not even been out for two years (and have been active with trying to keep up with optimizations and options added), but keep in mind that I have been tasked with items like tournaments that are cross platform as well, not too mention Amazon and Ouya. That said I brought it up with Bobby and there is actually some good news with this. Due to a gap in scheduling with the ui revamp where I am needed, I should be able to squeeze in the cloud saving and Moga controller functionalilty before I have to start back on engine work for another non pinball related product. Norman has ordered us a Moga pro so that should be a good start. I will do my best to get these in Asap for you guys I appreciate your patience, I really do listen and speak up for ya'll when I can (and be glad I do half the programmers here don't bother with the boards ;) ).

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think a year is a bit harsh seeing as we have not even been out for two years (and have been active with trying to keep up with optimizations and options added), but keep in mind that I have been tasked with items like tournaments that are cross platform as well, not too mention Amazon and Ouya. That said I brought it up with Bobby and there is actually some good news with this. Due to a gap in scheduling with the ui revamp where I am needed, I should be able to squeeze in the cloud saving and Moga controller functionalilty before I have to start back on engine work for another non pinball related product. Norman has ordered us a Moga pro so that should be a good start. I will do my best to get these in Asap for you guys I appreciate your patience, I really do listen and speak up for ya'll when I can (and be glad I do half the programmers here don't bother with the boards ;) ).

Ryan, you rule :D

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
so I just spoke with Jason and I guess that this is impossible to fix without redoing the entire table and Bobby vetoed that. I am told the gap in between is right its the size of the playfield that is wrong. When this table was originally done half a decade ago I guess there were some errors made and since to make the schedule we had to resuse the models we are now stuck with it. We just don't have the art resources we had in the past unfortunately.

Id say getting the flipper gap's equal around the bonus indicator lamps should be a minimum fix.

TPA
u8y4utas.jpg

Ipdb
evu9eze2.jpg

Other errors are all listed in the bugs thread.
The next pack will be the first one I don't auto purchase on release.
I shall definitely try before I buy.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

So great news all round, Ryan:

- UI Revamp
- Google Play Games implementation (this is what you mean by cloud saving, right?)

Thanks for sticking up for us, mate. We know you're hamstrung sometimes with the stuff you'd like to do, and the stuff you can do.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
So great news all round, Ryan:

- UI Revamp
- Google Play Games implementation (this is what you mean by cloud saving, right?)

Thanks for sticking up for us, mate. We know you're hamstrung sometimes with the stuff you'd like to do, and the stuff you can do.

Right, using Google play games. First I will just implement the save cloud, but later if time allows I might add the other features. The multiplayer aspects were thrown out by management and I have been tasked with implementing a cross platform solution.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Right, using Google play games. First I will just implement the save cloud, but later if time allows I might add the other features. The multiplayer aspects were thrown out by management and I have been tasked with implementing a cross platform solution.

If you do implement cloud saves using GPG, Farsight will be one of the few software houses that takes advantage of this excellent feature in their game.

Set the pace!

Achievements would be great, as would leaderboards (which would actually be "Google Leaderboards" as opposed to Farsight official leaderboards).

But we should probably move over to the GPG thread to stop this thread going off-topic. ;-)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
lol seriously...I am skeptical whether or not the devices out now could render two buffers at 60 with our game.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
so I just spoke with Jason and I guess that this is impossible to fix without redoing the entire table and Bobby vetoed that. I am told the gap in between is right its the size of the playfield that is wrong. When this table was originally done half a decade ago I guess there were some errors made and since to make the schedule we had to resuse the models we are now stuck with it. We just don't have the art resources we had in the past unfortunately.

Seriously?
How can not getting the flippers central be acceptable in digital Pinball recreation?
Thanks for taking the time to post here.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Id say getting the flipper gap's equal around the bonus indicator lamps should be a minimum fix.

TPA
u8y4utas.jpg

Ipdb
evu9eze2.jpg

Other errors are all listed in the bugs thread.
The next pack will be the first one I don't auto purchase on release.
I shall definitely try before I buy.

Is the top screen from the current version? The playfield was centered on iOS awhile back.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Oh boy...

I'm just hearing the cries of "I told you so" from all those folks claiming old assets were reused, and others strenuously denying this.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Baron, I'm thinking your screen is from an old version?

Here's a screen from the current iOS build:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.