[BOUGHT ONE!] I really want to buy a table. Buying advice?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Here she is, all put together.

20130304_220030.jpg

Top lights work!

20130304_221109_LLS.jpg

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Skillshot, since you sent me to Pinside, I found that this place exists near me...
20130303_144800.jpg

Blurry pic, but you can see Theater of Magic, Spider-Man, Twilight Zone, Attack From Mars, and Lord of the Rings. They also had Creature From the Black Lagoon and Dr. Who. All in excellent shape!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
AWSOME! Your lucky to have that as a first. :) Glad you found some pinheads in your area. Holy crap are those unopened boxes of comic cards!?

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Skillshot, since you sent me to Pinside, I found that this place exists near me...
20130303_144800.jpg

Blurry pic, but you can see Theater of Magic, Spider-Man, Twilight Zone, Attack From Mars, and Lord of the Rings. They also had Creature From the Black Lagoon and Dr. Who. All in excellent shape!
Where do you live in Ohio?? That's the most tables I've seen in one place in a long while.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
When looking at tables for sale from a shop they all say the tables are cleaned, what does that mean? What things should I do to my table to begin with?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Take a look at my thread http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2181-It-s-All-Your-Fault-FARSIGHT
Take photos of everything, lay out the parts you remove oriented where theyre found on the playfield put screws and nuts in groups with parts they came from. I found a little trick last time, Using a piece of cardboard poke the star post posts through the cardboard in the way they came off the table when your done it will look like a smaller version of your playfield :)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Take a look at my thread http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2181-It-s-All-Your-Fault-FARSIGHT
Take photos of everything, lay out the parts you remove oriented where theyre found on the playfield put screws and nuts in groups with parts they came from. I found a little trick last time, Using a piece of cardboard poke the star post posts through the cardboard in the way they came off the table when your done it will look like a smaller version of your playfield :)

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Are you Geocab on pinside?

Yes, i just signed up last night.

Thanks for the advice. I'll start all of that after i get the table in place. Right now it's in a temporary spot. Id better get some sidework going so i can afford this new hobby!

Last edited:

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
UPDATE: I LED'd my F-14! I love it! Fun table, very happy I bought it. Looking for a second pin now. My wife is thrilled./sarcasm

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Wow, awesome table and video George. I have no idea how you did all the text and wipes etc, care to enlighten me?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Looks great! an option instead of the 170degrees is frosted the 170degrees dont shine much light up. I like the end where you spaz out like a happy pinball owner. :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nice video. Especially like the before and after side by sides.

I do think the more I see LED tables, the more I miss the warmth of incandescent bulbs. It's a color temperature thing. I'm the same way with a TV, preferring a warmer pic to the cooler. That being said, your table looks great and I do think the LED in the backglass was a huge improvement.

Glad you're having fun with it. When you get that second table, be sure to get a wife reaction shot when you tell her!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.