Cactus Canyon and Central park are Available NOW!! PSN NA

pinball2010

Sep 13, 2012
I just turned my PS3 on and loaded pinball arcade and there were two new tables in the New Tables on the main menu. Cactus Canyon and Central Park are available for purchase right now. Downloading them right now.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Oh so we can do new threads instead of sticking it in the patch thread, that's probably better. :)

They both look pretty good; Central Park in particular is very sharp, and the monkey beneath the scoring reels even animates. : )

cactuscanyon.jpg

centralparkc.jpg

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks for the pics. CP looks good. Not sure why CC's playfield is so bright in the middle. Looks a bit odd, but could be worse. Might be the camera, too.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for the pics. CP looks good. Not sure why CC's playfield is so bright in the middle. Looks a bit odd, but could be worse. Might be the camera, too.

It's a little bright in the middle, and kind of contrasty again the very dark gun barrels.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Definitely worth buying; MUCH better than the Dr. Dude / Firepower release.

Note that I'm not a big fan of Dr. Dude anyway, and I'm disappointed in the Firepower bugs (lousy bumpers, multiball issues, et. al.).

But Cactus Canyon played well, I'm able to make consistent ramp shots much better than on iOS. There's a sometimes-hook SDTM when the ball leaves the bumpers (or does a bumper bypass from the right orbit shot) that I don't remember on iOS, but the sometimes-hook SDTM from the Bart kickout that sometimes catches me off guard on iOS hasn't shown up on PS3. The table does look as if the whole thing's lit from beneath, but otherwise looks pretty good.

Central Park looks and plays great! Took me one game to get standard goals, another game to get all Wizard goals (except the 1000 points in one ball). Also, I started getting free balls on my second ball whereas I think my best on iOS was ball four, and I ran through all the available extra balls before the game ended, which I have yet to do on iOS. Put simply, the PS3's superior nudge ability makes CP quite a bit more fun than iOS (although I like it just fine on iOS).

Last edited:

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Nice upgrade in lighting for CC over the iOS version. Flashers look perty :cool: Becoming one of my favourite tables!

And CP is INFINITELY better with proper nudging. Great pack.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
WoW! thats a suprise...that they came out so soon not the bugs. Im almost tempted to buy it but I think I'll wait for a more detailed report of the bugs.

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
Central Park is broken beyond belief. Once you reach the special its EB after EB after EB

Yeah I've been getting infinite balls on Central Park too. I hope they can fix this, since the table is so much fun.

Cactus Canyon is very fun too. I was surprised by the low production number (903) seeing that it was such a high quality game, but the reason for the low production number was because they started making the new Pinball 2000 pins, so they stopped making the old ones.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I thought so too when the iOS version hit. But it is correct. Seems like you score 750 or 4000 on Central Park. Strange scoring, but addictive to play. I always seem to play at least a few games.

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
I thought so too when the iOS version hit. But it is correct. Seems like you score 750 or 4000 on Central Park. Strange scoring, but addictive to play. I alway seem to play at least a few games.

It's really really fun! Thanks for the info pal. Now i'm off to play some more!!

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
After I lost my last ball, it said I completed all Standard goals in CC (I didn't) so I lost the chance to get the trophy for it. I don't really care about trophies so it doesn't bother me much, but you guys may.

P.S. The same thing happened in Vita too.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts