Cactus Canyon and Central park are Available NOW!! PSN NA

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
OK yeah, I'm glad its supposed to do that cause I don't remember ever getting this many extra balls when playing the PHoF edition of this game. So happy to read that it can happen like this. But 15 extra balls? Wow. So thankful its not a bug because I was furious for a sec.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
You can also turn the extra balls off in the game setup menu. (The menu where you select the number of players.) And is it just me, or is the knocker sound in Central Park improved?

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
You can also turn the extra balls off in the game setup menu. (The menu where you select the number of players.) And is it just me, or is the knocker sound in Central Park improved?

Think they should make a different leaderboard for that feature, separate the boys from the men type of thing.

Last edited:

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
Think they should make a different leaderboard for that feature, separate the boys from the men type of thing.

I was thinking the same thing. I personally don't care for the free ball mechanic and will turn it off, but it does mess up the scoreboard because of it. Nothing to be done. I guess the men using the 5 ball limit that could score as many points as the boys using the 15 ball limit would be most skilled indeed. haha

If I had read the table instructions right away I would have seen the extra ball rules. I usually just turn it on and go for it for the first 50 games or so. haha

Noticed some slowdown in Cactus Canyon, mostly when the ball is in the upper left corner. Even with the camera fixed so it won't zoom in on the action the slow down occurs, maybe a tad less apparent but there. Not a game breaker by any means, just noticeable.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Bought them tonight as well.

Central Park looks and plays well.

Cactus Canyon seems a little lagged compared to the others. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe a lower frame rate rather than actual lag.

I also noticed a lot of shots returned go straight down the middle. Is it like this on the real machine?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Cool! Saw that and tried to Download. 'Down for Maintenance' Oh well. That was quick Farsight. I applaud you. Now whitewater and Space Shuttle could come by the end of this month. Great.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Also, I wish they could have redrawn the angle of the gun on the right lane.
It's nearly possible to known when to nudge properly because its totally blocked.

This, combined with how the ball seems to be attracted to the right lane, results in a lot of unnecessary drains! :(

I'm not sure if its the drop in frame rate with multiball, but I tend to lose the balls awfully fast.

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
Cool! Saw that and tried to Download. 'Down for Maintenance' Oh well. That was quick Farsight. I applaud you. Now whitewater and Space Shuttle could come by the end of this month. Great.

If you are getting the ''Down for maintenance'' message from the PSN store, try erasing the PSN application and redownload it. I kept getting that message for a couple of days until I did that.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Farsight still needs to adjust the TILT sensitivity on the old EM machines.
Nudging plays a huge part of these old machines, so its really upsetting to have a great going amd thrn TILT on a very lite nudge! :( something is obviously wrongnqk

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Farsight still needs to adjust the TILT sensitivity on the old EM machines.
Nudging plays a huge part of these old machines, so its really upsetting to have a great going amd thrn TILT on a very lite nudge! :( something is obviously wrongnqk

Not necessarily. I played a lot of '60s and early '70s machines at the Seattle Pinball Museum this past weekend, and was pretty surprised at how many tilts I got from just light nudges, sometimes a single light nudge--and of course you don't get a warning on those machines, and on SOME of them you lose your entire game! Meanwhile, on something like Tron Legacy even a good hard nudge would only give a warning at most; I didn't tilt any of the newer machines. So my impression from those older machines was that they were tilting much, much easier than the newer machines.

I haven't tried it on Central Park yet, but what I learned from binging on TPA's Big Shot is that you can generally get away with a couple light nudges in a row, but three is asking for trouble. So you can't just nudge constantly, you've got to save your nudging for where it's really vital.

Last edited:

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Nothing has been announced for the EU but probably the releases are aligned now. For NA only the "Playstation Store Update" blog post had the information about the new table pack and in the GUI the "New Tables" button was active (I can't remember that it worked in the previous release).

The tables look very nice. I was wondering as well about the extra balls in Central Park, it's a good one and different from the other tables. Cactus Canyon on the other hand is very funny, I love the theme. The brightness is about the same as on Dr Dude.

On the PS3 we now have 13 tables from ipdb's TOP 20 and White Water is coming soon too. This is an awsome collection!

I haven't tried it on Central Park yet, but what I learned from binging on TPA's Big Shot is that you can generally get away with a couple light nudges in a row, but three is asking for trouble. So you can't just nudge constantly, you've got to save your nudging for where it's really vital.

Slight nudges are okay although it's not so helpful on Central Park. There are only few times when you want to nudge. What I noticed though is that the TILT is set back too quickly compared to real tables. After some switches you can nudge again without problems.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hi Guys,but the pack is yet out on psn europe ? thx

Table Add-On Pack #12 featuring Cactus Canyon and Central Park will be available for PS3 (EU) and PS Vita (EU) later today.

By the way, I didn't edit anything in your post...damn phone. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Does the PS3 version of CC have 'weird physics' around the star like the mobile devices do?

I haven't seen it happen yet, not even on my 170,000,000 plus game, so I assume it's not present. Also, it's been fixed on mobile as well.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Worst table pack in a while, maybe so far (HD is turrible but Taxi is amazing..) Cactus Canyon is just kind of dull and not very fun. The fact it is unfinished doesn't help.. Yeah it's nice to have because of rarity but it's pretty boring IMO.. Central Park is cool, the 15 EBs is funny but I've had a TON of "ball passes through flipper" shenanigans... The theme is poorly integrated as well.

Dr Dude is a classic and Firepower, even in its neutered state, blows the pants off of either of these two tables...

Ah well, they can't all be winners.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I have loved the last 2 packs. BTW if someone can really score over 10 mill on CP I would love to know how. Haven't any ball through flipper problems and invisible walls is what we used to use to get around the physics of VP. CC is fun and easy, CP caught me off guard because I haven't a simulation that old in years (When first loaded up I was fearing gobble holes!). FP is okay I like Firevall Classic myself but it is a true classic. Dr. Dude is just plain outright fun to play. What I wouldn't give to listen to the full song of Pinball Wizard! The only thing I see with CC is that it can kick out at strange angles sometimes. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts